A Law Librarian works in a law library helping lawyers find information. Duties include providing legal research services, using a variety of sources to find information, responding to all requests, monitoring requests and getting help when needed, following procedures set up by the library, compiling answers and giving results, and providing excellent customer service.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Law Librarian Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Law Librarian resumes for your reference.
Law Librarian Resume Sample 1
- Compiled and maintained law journals as well as legal research sources such as American Jurisprudence and West’s Encyclopedia of American Law.
- Retrieved and filed court documents for clients that needed them; tracked and apportioned daily tasks to meet deadlines.
- Increased efficiency by anonymously submitting work at the end of an assigned day to a computerized system and anonymously receiving work assignments during designated hours of operation.
- Initiated new systems, including programmable microcomputers, to enhance client servicing environment.
- Received outstanding quality award for maintaining client confidentiality with respect to client information, including documents relating to legal matters.
Law Librarian Resume Sample 2
- An owned 1,000-volume collection of Federal and State statutes, codes, etc.
- Created a catalog system for the reference section, including a 3-ring binder for all documents and an electronic database linking to the Ingenta Online database to retrieve documents.
- Conducted research in legal journals; indexed and cross-referenced legal texts; identified applicable laws and regulations and compiled knowledge databases for lawyers and judges.
- Acquired knowledge of court cases through law reviews; identified applicable precedents in the law library.
- Reviewed bills for accuracy; analyzed legal implications of business contracts; participated in formulating policy concerning court rules.
Law Librarian Resume Sample 3
- Promoted from a support position to a supervisory role. Developed and managed a law librarianship program that was the program of record. Educated and trained new employees on practices and procedures. Created materials, interlibrary loans, and databases for law libraries throughout the country.
- Maintained current awareness of new laws and legislation by participating in various conferences as well as researching legislation on my own time.
- Created, designed, and implemented OSHA OSHA OSHA OSHA training programs for employees of law libraries.
- Gained special attention for my high-quality work; recognized by the OSHA OSHA OSHA OSH Administrator.
- Received the President’s Award for contributing to the success of my department and organization.
Law Librarian Resume Sample 4
- Achieved distinction of being named “Best All-Around” student by the Public Services Law Section of the California Bar Association.
- Evaluated new legislation, regulations, and case law for which to create a comprehensive software index. Developed test scripts for legal exams. Identified legal questions posed by court systems to develop research skills.
- Developed competence in drafting documents for both civil and criminal law including appointment constitutions, wills, powers of attorney, articles of incorporation, preliminary injunction motions, motions to dismiss cases with prejudice, etc.
- Effectively wrote briefs pertaining to laws pertaining to employment policies and policies on union organizing elections.
- Asked to serve on a committee of five to write a book titled, “How To Be A Successful Law Librarian.
Law Librarian Resume Sample 5
- Lobbied legislators at the federal, national, state, and local levels to promote the importance of legal libraries.
- Prevented one library from closing by securing grant monies for operations through the state government.
- Introduced technology to the library profession by developing a barcoding system for tracking materials.
- Promoted Library Bill of Rights by empowering patrons with an understanding of their rights.
- Trained staff members in conflict management techniques through problem-solving workshops.
Law Librarian Resume Sample 6
- Compiled and analyzed law library data; identified trends in demand for legal services and credit needs.
- Developed the library’s Legal Research Grant Program; determined grant eligibility and submitted grant requests to the Board of Trustees (BoT) for approval.
- Developed a pilot strategy for evaluating collection development practices; offered direction to support development staff with effective strategies.
- Initiated, collaborated on, and presented at local, state, regional, and national law libraries’ seminars on strategic planning and improving customer service.
- Organized a quarterly virtual conference with Supervisors/Directors/Librarians from various libraries regarding tips to improve customer service.
Law Librarian Resume Sample 7
- Evaluated requests for information to ensure libraries’ compliance with the legal process.
- Patrolled library to monitor and prevent theft of library materials and adjust security equipment as needed.
- Researched copyright laws and reviewed options for licensing and permissions related to digital content access and storage.
- Trained staff on library’s electronic resources, including e-books, e-journals, databases, reference materials, and electronic indexes/abstracts; conducted training sessions on legal research.
- Participated in the development of a campaign that recognized outstanding employees; also received recognition as an Outstanding Law Librarian of the Year.
Law Librarian Resume Sample 8
- Mastered the “Law and Reference” library collection; assessed and compiled the research for legal professionals in a variety of disciplines.
- Educated attorneys and their staff on various legal topics through training workshops, conferences, and seminars.
- Compiled books from the Library’s collection for subscribers to legal journals.
- Completed multiple special projects related to specific legal acquisitions requests from notable clients.
- Accomplished a variety of tasks associated with a law librarian’s career in a professional environment.
Law Librarian Resume Sample 9
- Encouraged review of bankruptcy cases, elder law cases, wills and trusts, and other areas of the law.
- Provided legal research assistance to attorneys.
- Established an account for a client as a means to establish trust with the SBA.
- Promoted proofreading skills by proofreading the company’s newsletters and mission statements.
- Planned and implemented training for Legal assistants; utilized training as needed in managing staff.
Law Librarian Resume Sample 10
- Met library patron needs by obtaining information for legal research, including the identification of relevant case law, statutes, and administrative rulings.
- Provided litigation support by communicating with clients to determine their specific requests for research materials; presented the material in a persuasive manner to attorneys.
- Educated lawyers and paralegals on current legislation and administrative rulings which affected their daily work; provided seminars for attorneys on effective research techniques.
- Functioned as a mentor and teaching assistant to undergraduate and graduate students; tutored students in legal research procedures and writing/speaking skills.
- Maintained law library collection by locating, cataloging, and shelving materials; updated the library’s collection of looseleaf services.
Law Librarian Resume Sample 11
- Researched cases for three new attorneys and two interns while maintaining a 100% accuracy rate.
- scanned documents for a real estate law firm on a tight deadline, allowing the firm to file all of their cases in a timely manner.
- Updated numerous legal databases with timely research results from secondary sources.
- Saved the firm over 30 hours of research time by identifying over 70 applicable case law citations in a 3-hour period.
- Accurately researched legal documents dating back to the early 1900s while achieving an 83% average customer satisfaction score based on phone surveys of law firms’ clients.
Law Librarian Resume Sample 12
- Performed research projects that provided information that was proprietary to the firm or company.
- Presented technical data related to law practice for best practice methods of dealing with legal cases.
- Collaborated with legal counsel in the preparation of briefs and motions; identified problems and resolve concerns regarding information retrieval systems; prepared documentation, forms, etc. resulting from productions or projects requiring forms or filed documents.
- Provided active assistance on various research projects; conducted research by analyzing documents, legislative history, statutory framework, court rules, rules of procedure, and/or case law; identified technical references on legal issues, statutes, and regulations; highlighted appropriate citations for clients; assessed source documents for accuracy of contents.
- Maintained confidentiality of privileged legal information; identified, located, and retrieved court records, case files, pleading exhibits, witness statements, deposition transcripts, etc.
Law Librarian Resume Sample 13
- Provided guidance to students, faculty, and staff in the research of legal issues.
- Placed high in a regional essay contest on constitutional law held by the West Midlands American Studies Association.
- Received recognition by a law firm for outstanding performance in resolving customer concerns in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Awarded Employee of the Month for outstanding work in locating case precedent in state court files.
- Voted Most Improved Student by peers in appreciation of effective note-taking during class lectures on constitutional law.
A bachelor’s degree is required, but a master’s degree is preferred; also required is 5 years of experience working in a law library. Skills needed include communication skills, listening skills, knowledge of electronic databases, expertise in legal research, self-motivation, proficiency in MS Office, and customer service skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.