A Bankruptcy Paralegal assists bankruptcy attorneys with administrative tasks. Their duties include prepping bankruptcy petitions, organizing files, performing research, drafting documents, scheduling hearing dates, and attending court as needed.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Bankruptcy Paralegal resumes for your reference.
Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 1
- Designed, drafted, and analyzed bankruptcy laws pertaining to Chapter 7 (Individual and Business) and Chapter 13 (Individual).
- Prepared fact discovery plans, analyzed various legal implications of facts, and prepared exhibits for federal bankruptcy court.
- Performed evidentiary research for appeals of bankruptcy court decisions.
- Certified as a Bankruptcy Specialist through the American Board of Certification.
- Attained additional qualifications from the American Bar Association to practice law before the United States District Court in Colorado.
Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 2
- Drafted and edited appeal briefs and motions to dismiss, in accordance with the format requested by law firm clients.
- Prepared responses to discovery requests; conducted research and organized pertinent materials for litigation advisors.
- Consulted with clients about bankruptcy dischargeability actions.
- Drafted legal documents required for creditor claims against debtors.
- Organized and maintained client case files; organized legal documents for ease of reference by bankruptcy judges, clients, and attorneys.
Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 3
- Drafted and formatted legal documents into a form suitable for court consideration in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Aided in the investigation and preparation of complex bankruptcy case files.
- Presented evidence before judges and juries to determine the validity of claims and counterclaims.
- Handled sensitive material, such as credit reports, medical records, the release of liens, property inventories, tax returns, insurance policies, employment verification forms, purchase agreements, promissory notes, and other pertinent legal documents with discretion.
- Created legal documents from condensed information; filed all administrative documents at court registries to ensure prompt action on assigned cases.
Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 4
- Researched, reviewed, and analyzed documents for legal issues of bankruptcy cases.
- Formulated lists of creditors and inventories of assets for each bankruptcy case.
- Produced an extremely high level of written accuracy in a very timely manner to proving solvency and discharge debts through Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Exemplified a proficient level of professionalism in a fast-paced information technology law firm prominently known for its excellence from new hire to the partnership.
- Enjoyed lively interaction with each client by educating them regarding the legal proceedings; realized their true potentials for marketability, financial stability, and life fulfillment.
Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 5
- Obtained positive results for debtor clients by filing timely petitions, developing and reviewing schedules, and working with the client to maximize debt relief.
- Successfully managed a caseload of over 1000 bankruptcy cases by applying rules and regulations within Chapter 7, Chapter 13, and Chapter 11.
- Executed documentation and testimony by taking depositions, drafting pleadings, objecting on legal grounds before the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Indiana.
- Filed complaints, criminal charges against creditors when necessary; recognized by Courts for professionalism in legal presentations.
Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 6
- As a Paralegal, handled hundreds of bankruptcy cases.
- Managed multiple tasks simultaneously, including preparation of submissions to court and filings with the courts.
- Assisted clients in filing for Chapter 7 and 11 bankruptcies as well as a Trustee-In-Bankruptcy.
- Aided in the acquisition or retention of both business and personal property by preparing and prosecuting claims against the estate.
- Provided an invaluable service to Bankruptcy Trustees by directing their attention to pertinent legal issues during trustee meetings.
Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 7
- Coordinated and submitted bankruptcy petitions to court on time, with all required documents.
- Effectively handled hundreds of bankruptcy cases through the filing, preparation, and submission process.
- Successfully defended several clients at trial regarding their Chapter 13 plans before the bankruptcy court.
- Achieved top-2% grade for credit management in the course; represented clients in 3400 papers for diverse debtors.
- Received outstanding “Team Champion” award; collaborated with fellow paralegals to obtain great results for clients by creatively attacking each case from different perspectives.
Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 8
- Achieved recognition as the #1 best paralegal in the bankruptcy department.
- Recognized by law firm executives for excellence in customer service and for maximizing the organization’s efficiency.
- Presented seminar on “How to Assist Unsecured Creditors During Bankruptcy” to accountants, banks, and fellow paralegals.
- Activated positive relationship with clients through warm, polite greetings while maintaining and developing rapport using communication skills.
- Conceptualized a new strategy for clients with outstanding loan balances to negotiate an agreement with debtors that was mutually beneficial.
Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 9
- Effectively followed bankruptcy law regulations to represent clients in the difficult process of bankruptcy; guided clients in the decisions leading them to financial recovery.
- Researched and drafted legal documents on behalf of clients’ bankruptcies; effectively handled requests for extensions on monetary obligations.
- Assisted in training of new paralegals regarding bankruptcy work and procedures; mentored new employees while enhancing their skills.
- Spearheaded project to efficiently streamline and improve company’s procedures for creditors’ claims; established new account coding system, creating significant cost savings for the company.
- In-house reorganization of a disorganized legal department; created new filing system, ensured legal documents were properly stored and organized, and updated statistics.
Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 10
- Prepared and filed bankruptcy cases, which included conducting extensive research, interviewing creditor and debtor parties, recognizing debtor’s rights, evaluating priority of claims in the event of a bankruptcy filing.
- Assisted clients with the reorganization, tax consulting and counseling, business transition services.
- Negotiated settlements on behalf of borrowers whose debts exceeded their assets; represented clients in all stages of the bankruptcy process including court appearances.
- Researched attorney referral services for clients as needed; assisted debtors in selecting an appropriate attorney for their needs.
- Realized new potentials for resolving conflicts through alternative dispute resolution techniques such as mediation and arbitration.
Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 11
- In working with attorneys and accountants, prepared bankruptcy cases for courts based on federal guidelines.
- Recognized for outstanding customer service by supervisors and peers alike with multiple awards and coupons for free coffee, fast food, and movie passes.
- Conducted over 50 personal interviews with debtors to determine the appropriateness of Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy filing.
- Provided counseling to debtors regarding potential adverse effects of filing for bankruptcy, including alienation from family and friends, financial limitations on future credit applications, negative impact on credit rating, potential criminal liability for fraudulent activity undetected in the past during the bankruptcy process itself.
- Maintained a customer loyalty program to cultivate repeat business through periodic, scheduled monthly seminars.
Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 12
- Performed the legal duties of a bankruptcy paralegal in a timely manner, meeting deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Recognized by the firm as a most valuable employee; awarded two years in a row for outstanding performance.
- Promoted within 4 years to the highest level of responsibility; retained position for three years following promotion.
- Effectively communicated and interacted with others by listening attentively, remembering details, and delivering information clearly.
- Acted as liaison between attorneys, creditors, debtors, and clients while maintaining personal positive relationships with all parties involved.
Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 13
- Trained to the full completion, from Bankruptcy Counselor to Bankruptcy Manager, two private clients in legal areas of the law.
- Managed three lawyers, supervised filing agents, and completed hundreds of bankruptcy forms; successfully obtained pro se clients’ discharge petitions.
- Certified as a Specialist in Bankruptcy Law by the American Bar Association; successfully argued for client’s discharge petition on appeal before the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Researched and prepared ad hoc reports for other attorneys representing debtor companies against creditors; presented testimony in court.
- Developed caseload and enhanced clients’ knowledge of bankruptcy.
To become a Bankruptcy Paralegal, you need at least an associate’s in a paralegal program, in addition to a paralegal certification. A Bankruptcy Paralegal must be analytical, must have excellent researching skills, must have excellent time management skills, must have excellent communication skills, must have excellent organizational skills, must be knowledgeable about bankruptcy law, and must be detail-oriented.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Samples
- Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 1
- Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 2
- Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 3
- Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 4
- Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 5
- Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 6
- Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 7
- Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 8
- Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 9
- Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 10
- Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 11
- Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 12
- Bankruptcy Paralegal Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up