A Union Carpenter works with wood and other materials to repair and build structures. Duties include making repairs to ships, designing and building cabinets, making repairs to stringed instruments, building wooden forms to pour concrete, installing floor joists, building frames for walls, and repairing rotted wood in older structures.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Union Carpenter Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Union Carpenter resumes for your reference.
Union Carpenter Resume Sample 1
- Routed and installed all exterior sprinkler piping for buildings and in-ground irrigation systems.
- Assisted in the development of a precast plank mold system to meet three-time savings on large walkways.
- Selected as union shop steward for negotiating fair wages, benefits, and better working conditions/hours for all tradespeople within our company.
- Rewired ten-panel boards by replacing wire conduits using approved industry standards; coordinated with owner’s electrical engineer to ensure safe use of new equipment.
- Completed extensive remodeling work including installation of two new bathrooms, two kitchens, multiple bedrooms, living rooms, dining rooms, and office spaces to retail store frontage.
Union Carpenter Resume Sample 2
- Completed all assigned tasks in a safe and timely manner, adhering to all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
- Demonstrated the ability to work independently as well as part of a team, often taking on additional work when other crew members were unavailable.
- Consistently received positive feedback from clients for quality workmanship and attention to detail.
- Maintained equipment and tools in excellent condition, ensuring that they were always up to date and compliant with safety standards.
- Received an award for Outstanding Safety Performance for completing a job without a single safety incident.
Union Carpenter Resume Sample 3
- Installed, repaired, and erected interior/exterior doors, door frames, jambs, exterior trim, cabinets, bathroom vanities, shelves.
- Worked with wood studs, drywall partitions ceilings to install insulation.
- Used air compressor to drive nails into metal tracks for installation of window panels.
- Restored historical buildings through carpentry expertise to enforce original designs while maintaining structural integrity of the building.
- Designed custom cabinetry for residential homes using AutoCad software while adhering to all construction codes and regulations in place by local authorities.
Union Carpenter Resume Sample 4
- Restored and renovated historical landmarks and buildings in the downtown area, such as the courthouse and post office.
- Installed new systems in a 50-unit apartment complex, such as fire alarms, security cameras, and HVAC.
- Repaired and replaced rotting wood on window frames, porches, balconies, and stair railings.
- Built new homes for families in an age-restricted community.
- Extensively remodeled a restaurant, adding insulation to the walls, 18″ crown molding to all rooms, ceiling fans in every room, and painting.
Union Carpenter Resume Sample 5
- Acted as Union Shop Steward and ran meetings for the construction crew.
- Managed the installation of new electrical panels, wire, and conduit in a school building with great attention to safety and accuracy.
- Built quality relationships with customers by using good communication skills including listening, speaking, and writing to produce positive results for all involved.
- Completed training at Academy of Urban Learning to complete the requirements necessary to take on Union Journeyman’s role for carpentry work.
- Trained & supervised apprentices from entry-level through journeyman carpenter levels gaining valuable experience that would translate into future career success.
Union Carpenter Resume Sample 6
- Installed, repaired, and replaced doors, windows, frames, moldings, cabinets, counters, and shelving in both residential and commercial settings.
- Performed drywall repair and installation; taping, mudding, sanding, and priming.
- Assisted in the move-in/move-out of furniture and equipment for businesses and residences.
- Welded metal studs and track to form walls for a business.
- Refinished cedar shake, oak, and pine wood siding on custom homes in the area.
Union Carpenter Resume Sample 7
- Installed, repaired, and maintained building fixtures and equipment in a commercial setting.
- Worked on a wide range of projects, including the installation of drywall, door frames, and cabinets.
- Adhered to safety regulations at all times and completed work in a timely manner.
- Received recognition from the company president for excellence in workmanship.
- Consistently achieved high marks on job performance evaluations.
Union Carpenter Resume Sample 8
- Assembled, installed, and repaired various fixtures, furniture, and building components in both residential and commercial settings.
- Demonstrated expertise in a wide range of carpentry techniques, including framing, roofing, trim work, and cabinetry.
- Installed insulation, drywall, and other finishes in order to create finished spaces.
- Maintained tools and equipment in excellent condition in order to optimize work productivity.
- Completed all assigned tasks efficiently in order to meet deadlines.
Union Carpenter Resume Sample 9
- Completed assigned projects on time and within budget.
- Trained new employees in proper safety procedures to ensure the protection of everyone’s well-being.
- Demonstrated expertise in manual lumber lifting, cutting, sawing, drilling, fastening, framing – all phases of carpentry work.
- Revised production schedules to meet challenging deadlines by installing roof trusses at a record pace without compromising quality.
- Achieved high-performance ratings based upon productivity standards that exceeded management expectations by over 10%.
Union Carpenter Resume Sample 10
- Carpentered, repaired, and improved existing structures.
- Identified existing problems with homes, offices, and/or buildings; provided solutions by recommending needed repairs.
- Handled sensitive information while maintaining discretion during repairs to private residences of celebrities in the entertainment industry.
- Completed projects on time or early resulting in cost savings for customers throughout the region.
- Redesigned living spaces through custom remodeling jobs including flooring, painting interior/exterior walls, window installation replacement of doors. Installed new kitchen cabinets & countertops throughout five commercial units creating a positive image for landlords within the community.
Union Carpenter Resume Sample 11
- Repaired and replaced doors, frames, trim, cabinetry, and built-in furniture in apartments and single-family homes.
- Installed kitchens, vanities, built-in closets, outdoor decks, and railings.
- Refurbished commercial properties including factories, schools, offices, and churches.
- Tiles floors in hospitals and medical complexes; replaces door knobs in banks.
- Completed construction project for new roofing in two months under budget quote in 20/10 weather conditions.
Union Carpenter Resume Sample 12
- Repaired, replaced, and installed a variety of building materials in both commercial and residential settings.
- Demonstrated expertise in drywall installation, framing, trim carpentry, cabinetmaking, and more.
- Led and directed the work of a team of carpenters on multiple construction projects simultaneously.
- Received several commendations from clients for quality workmanship and timely project completion.
- Consistently achieved high marks in safety inspections and received numerous safety awards from the company.
Union Carpenter Resume Sample 13
- Built and repaired homes, churches, schools; installed doors, windows, manufactured metal siding.
- Completed projects within budget and on schedule; recognized by shop Steward for superior workmanship.
- Solely responsible for the design of new construction to renovation of existing structures including but not limited to roofs (metal & shingle), foundations (concrete & block), interior partitions (sheetrock).
- Resolved conflicts between workers by serving as a liaison between laborers and the Union Contractor during labor disputes.
- Instrumental in the training of new apprentices, successfully teaching the safe and proficient use of hand and power tools.
Union Carpenter Resume Sample 14
- Completed a major renovation project ahead of schedule and under budget, earning praise from the client and supervisors.
- Fixed and replaced dozens of fixtures in the building, often working overtime to do so.
- Engineered and installed a new HVAC system in the building, again working many extra hours to do so.
- Gained a reputation as someone who could be counted on to get the job done no matter what, even in the most difficult circumstances.
- Was repeatedly praised by clients and supervisors alike for possessing superior skills, reliability, and work ethic.
Union carpenters must have a high school diploma and completion of a formal apprenticeship program, or earn a certificate from a trade school. Skills needed are an eye for detail, independent spirit, stable, mechanically inclined, ability to red blueprints, ability to follow directions and good communication skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.