A registered dietician is someone who can work at any number of facilities such as retirement homes, hospitals and other community settings, and works with patients or clients to ensure their clients dietary needs are being met. Tasks performed by a registered dietician are overseeing dietary needs of clients, creating nutrition plans, implementing said plans, creating diets for those with special needs, educating clients/patients on the importance of diet and nutrition, as well as communicating with kitchen staff and other team members to ensure that everyone’s needs are being met.
To be a registered dietician, you must first obtain a bachelor’s degree, do an internship in an approved setting, and gain certification/licensure according to state guidelines. Necessary skills include organization, empathy, interpersonal skills, computer knowledge, researching skills, strong communication, and the ability to develop and implement customized diet plans.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Registered Dietitian Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Registered Dietitian resumes for your reference.
Registered Dietitian Resume Sample 1
- Created informative teaching tools for resident physicians, nurses, and patients.
- Collaborated with medical staff to develop a new patient education program regarding dietary concerns during the acute stage of illness in cardiac in-patient care.
- Exhibited knowledge in planning nutritious family meals using available grocery store products in a food desert environment after taking dietary histories from individual clients.
- Collaborated with medical staff to implement a hospitalist service at assigned area hospitals.
- Identified personal needs for healthy eating habits by providing nutritional counseling services to patients diagnosed with diabetes mellitus and pre-diabetes conditions.
Registered Dietitian Resume Sample 2
- Promoted positive eating habits and health awareness in products endorsed by the National Kidney Foundation.
- Attended six conferences on nutrition education to stay abreast of new scientific findings that affected public policy.
- Spearheaded research study for school children that determined nutritional benefits of different types of breads.
- Administered food allergy testing for skin response to various ingredients in order to suggest substitutes when cooking with recipes from popular consumer cookbooks.
- Authored a report for local animal clinic about literature review, design, and implementation of a follow-up survey regarding pet owners’ preferences in veterinary care.
Registered Dietitian Resume Sample 3
- Prescribed appropriate diets for patient health issues, such as hypertension and diabetes.
- Provided diabetic education for patients with type 1 and 2 diabetes mellitus, including meal planning and lifestyle modifications.
- Formulated proper nutritional plans to help clients lose weight or improve nutrition deficiencies that hinder recovery from illness and disease.
- Accomplished nursing staff training in healthy cooking demonstration class by demonstrating how to prepare low fat meals using fresh foods and spices low in sodium content.
- Promoted optimal wellness of women, men, and children by providing dietary educational resources about various nutrient groups during seminars at community events.
Registered Dietitian Resume Sample 4
- Grew food production to meet patient needs with facility expansion by developing gardening program.
- Developed wellness coordinator position in response to new healthcare regulations for planning and implementing department-wide wellness programs.
- Provided innovative, culturally sensitive nutrition education to the Mohawk Nation after training certification.
- Developed clinical protocols through analysis of treatment outcomes in order to improve patient compliance with chronic disease management plans.
- Influenced positive outcomes for patients with chronic diseases by developing individualized dietary treatment plans that reduced high cholesterol, diabetes, and obesity rates.
Registered Dietitian Resume Sample 5
- Supervised interns, registered dietitian students, and medical assistant students in clinical settings throughout their practicum.
- Developed quality teaching materials for the undergraduate courses of dietary management that were used by instructors throughout North Carolina State University System.
- Authored student projects on food allergy assessment tools and discrimination based on genetics.
- Facilitated innovative research to help dertermining if genomic sequencing is clinically applicable to specific patient populations or not for cancer patients at UNC-Chapel Hill’s School of Medicine Digestive Disease Center.
- Achieved Top Rated Dietitian status from Zagat Survey restaurant guidebook; only 0.7% of all U.S. Resturants are so rated.
Registered Dietitian Resume Sample 6
- Presented a program on health and wellness to a group comprising of medical professionals, pharmacy personnel, and area residents.
- Provided over 100 hours of volunteer service, as an instructor at a ten week summer camp for children with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Recommended supplements for patients that meet their individualized nutrition plans.
- Assessed client health status by evaluating dietary habits, physical activity level, functional capacity and laboratory work; recommended changes to improve health outcomes.
- Researched food sources and disease prevention methods regarding gastrointestinal cancers; lead presentations to the community on nutritional strategies for cancer prevention and treatment.
Registered Dietitian Resume Sample 7
- Provided educational and motivational seminars for consumers, diabetics, and the morbidly obese.
- Developed a nutrition plan to reduce cholesterol and body weight for over 100 individuals; interviewed by ABC’s “AM America” with Diane Sawyer to provide guidance.
- Collaborated business-wide resource team to design new menu options containing reduced fat, sodium, calories, and whole grains at hospital cafeteria.
- Attended trade shows to promote health industry products to healthcare professionals through live demonstrations, samples distribution, product endorsements.
- Promoted customer loyalty program which increased store revenue 25%; recognized by store manager for outstanding performance.
Registered Dietitian Resume Sample 8
- Nutrition specialist for all breakfast, lunch, and dinner entrees; ensured that meals were within daily allowances of fat intake.
- Promoted brand name products by offering free samples to patients in order to increase awareness of new products.
- Prepared salad bar for $4 million dollar revamp project; re-sorted all ingredients according to size, color, taste preference, and dietary restrictions.
- Oversaw production of over 70 nutritive recipes using quality composition standards as related to quantity by weight or volume. Consulted with physicians about the health risks associated with excessive levels of sodium.
- Provided knowledge on how to eat healthily by making nutritional recommendations based upon age, sex, and stage of development.
Registered Dietitian Resume Sample 9
- Provided individual counseling to patients with diabetes, hypertension, kidney stones, and other chronic diseases.
- Promoted wellness plans that improved patient’s health status and reduced costs.
- Acted as a role model for staff by being proactive in nutrition education and promoting positive relations among co-workers.
- Analyzed clinical data to improve the delivery of healthcare services including physician diagnosis, medication effectiveness, and various treatment plans.
- Participated in community programs aimed at improving public awareness about healthy lifestyles; positively impacted over 100 families from diverse backgrounds.
Registered Dietitian Resume Sample 10
- Reviewed and analyzed research articles for publication in professional journal.
- Collaborated with physicians on patient care programs to maintain quality of life.
- Assessed patient needs, adopted strategies, and integrated resources to develop nutrition plans.
- Educated patients about therapeutic diets while collaborating with physicians on treatment programs designed to improve nutritional status.
- Advocated for optimal treatment outcomes by promoting participation in wellness programs that reinforce nutrition principles. Developed tools to track the progress of patients’ reports of changes in health condition over time.
Registered Dietitian Resume Sample 11
- Provided individualized nutrition therapy to dialysis patients.
- Designed, implemented, and evaluated a weight management program for HIV/AIDS patients.
- Planned, executed, and presented lectures at local schools in support of the diabetes prevention program.
- Received recognition for excellence in dietetic practice by exceeding all productivity standards during an 11-month period when assigned to two hospital units. Earned initial certification as diabetic educator.
- Effectively trained staff members in dietary practices; received departmental award in acknowledgment of significant contributions to hospital mission and goals in Professional Practice category.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.