A NOC analyst, otherwise known as a network operation center analyst, manages hardware and IP networks. Duties include troubleshooting networks, maintain network security, writing network infrastructure reports, conducting hardware maintenance, develop scripts, tech support, and resolve outage issues.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best NOC Analyst Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real NOC Analyst resumes for your reference.
NOC Analyst Resume Sample 1
- Implemented company’s NOC system and created a standardized workflow by which engineers could route and resolve issues more efficiently.
- Achieved top customer satisfaction ratings for all NOC tickets resolved within set timeframes by communicating effectively with peer and senior technical support engineers.
- Identified productivity opportunities to improve work processes, reduced operational costs, and simplified ticket routing.
- Identified 3 potential ways the issue tracking system could be enhanced to more closely align with business requirements, presented pros/cons of each option, and led implementation of final solution under budget and on schedule.
- Gave a presentation at an industry conference on techniques used in the design of a scalable high availability architecture for a globally distributed software company.
NOC Analyst Resume Sample 2
- Designed and developed new network operating system to handle an increase of 15,000 users within 6 months; recognized by the CEO for outstanding performance.
- Oversaw daily operations of 500 squadron members during three years of service as a noncommissioned officer in the United States Air Force.
- Held top secret security clearance during 2 years of employment with a federal government agency specializing in satellite communication technology.
- Identified opportunities for product improvement and presented findings to a senior management committee after completing comprehensive research on competitor services.
- Managed data reliability testing team for seven months to ensure that systems were ready before going live; gained appreciation from peers after successfully resolving installation glitches without loss of revenue.
NOC Analyst Resume Sample 3
- Administered NT, UNIX and LINUX servers; troubleshoot networking issues.
- Designed training curriculum for new employees on LDAP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, router/switch management. Presented training to all international offices.
- Coordinated activities of technical team by analyzing business processes and recommending solutions using open source technologies including Perl/Python/PHP while leveraging existing infrastructure to reduce cost of ownership.
- Identified performance problems with high-volume transactions while developing process automation in C++ language.
- Led $250K+ budget initiative that introduced modernized toolsets into the organization’s security event management architecture without extra burden to the IT staff or users. Implemented an automation tool to improve efficiency of log collection and analysis, and enabled more robust play-back and alerting.
NOC Analyst Resume Sample 4
- Served as a primary contact with the Central Systems Team for issues regarding contracts, contract coordination, and invoicing.
- Enhanced industry relationship when creating a new account plan by including customer feedback from monthly meetings for future reference.
- Recognized by manager in department meeting when completing installation of 45 systems within budget.
- Provided consultation to IT directors on their specific needs; saved thousands of dollars in hardware costs through analysis of requirements and purchasing specifications.
- Repaired non-functioning servers without delay while attending to customers’ requests; lead efforts toward smooth system operation during hardware maintenance downsizing period.
NOC Analyst Resume Sample 5
- Provided NOC and Operations with comprehensive reports on the status of all network elements, including problem identification and completion of change requests.
- Led a three-person team to resolve an outage that affected more than 400 users within one hour; recognized by the Director of Technical Support for outstanding performance.
- Managed IM product development process from inception through implementation at client site under contract terms. Developed product operations procedures manuals and installation documentation.
- Delivered more than 50 presentations worldwide about IT infrastructures, service-level agreements, and disaster recovery strategies; concluded in contracts worth over $7 million.
- Redesigned business practices to increase productivity while decreasing costs; given company-wide recognition for outstanding performance.
NOC Analyst Resume Sample 6
- Conducted data warehouse analysis and integrated communication between disparate data sources.
- Resolved communication issues with other departments to ensure staff members received support.
- Identified communication problems, performed code reviews, tested code changes, developed reports, and implemented changes.
- Prepared the organization for a major software upgrade by performing database administration tasks on all production servers that supported customer Web sites.
- Learned new technologies to maintain technical competency during four month temporary assignment as backup for NOC Engineer position whose employee was out sick or on vacation.
NOC Analyst Resume Sample 7
- Supported user community by diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving technical problems with server hardware/software.
- Identified new ways to optimize network resources, increasing efficiency of network operations by 20%.
- Achieved Full Performance Level in first month of employment; promoted to Second Level within one year.
- Recognized for effort on NOC’s largest-ever network upgrade; redesigned customer service ticketing system that reduced wait times on the phone by 12 minutes per call.
- Responsible for managing regular backups for department of 5 servers, ensuring all information was safe and secure.
NOC Analyst Resume Sample 8
- Worked in an onshore, offshore, and remote environment to support global IT initiatives across multiple functional business units.
- Used tools such as RTMon, CSV Explorer, Wireshark, Novell ZENworks, MRTG/RRDtool for monitoring network performance.
- Detected several anomalies in the mainframe environment; developed scripts to monitor Mainframes (IBM).
- Collaborated with internal customers and third party vendors to provide technical consultation on CICS transaction issues by determining problem root cause.
- Developed innovative solutions that resolved many of the most difficult challenges facing our customers by improving their efficiency and reducing costs by $1 million annually.
NOC Analyst Resume Sample 9
- Recognized as the most productive member of the team by developing all-new industry solutions to automate business operations.
- Innovated multiple programs that increased productivity for entire department.
- Reduced average NOC processing time by 66% through creation of innovative platform and allocation of resources.
- Identified major efficiencies within company by directing focus on enterprise-wide infrastructure optimization.
- Spearheaded process improvement program resulting in increased customer satisfaction scores with corresponding market share growth.
NOC Analyst Resume Sample 10
- Achieved notable success in managing and resolving complex customer issues.
- Provided significant input into process analysis and documentation initiatives, as well as leading several training sessions for an offshore team of analysts.
- Contributed to the development of a major metrics initiative resulting in increased visibility across all areas of business; recognized by Executive Management for outstanding performance.
- Gained direct experience supporting customers with critical issues on international data networks and applications; developed understanding of end-to-end network environment and key application dependencies.
- Achieved significant success in mobilizing resources to address emergency situations that could negatively impact customers or revenue; initiated corrective actions that prevented outages, downtime, and negative publicity.
Employers prefer candidates with a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, cybersecurity, or a related field, additional certifications are sometimes required. Essential skills include excellent computer skills, knowledge of programming in a variety of programming languages, problem-solving skills, ability to communicate clearly, provide friendly customer service, multitask, and demonstrate good time management abilities.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best NOC Analyst Resume Samples
- Wrap Up