Material Coordinators work within a company to ensure materials are stocked to meet business production needs while minimizing excess supplies or under ordering. Their duties include ordering raw product to meet manufacturing needs, reconciling purchase orders, evaluating supply need and budget for construction, arrange storage and disposal of hazardous materials, and ordering from manufacturers for resale to clients. To work as Material Coordinator depends on the specific industry ranging from entry level to requiring a Bachelor’s Degree (usually in business management), Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO) or Universal Public Procurement Certification Council (UPPCC). Material Coordinators must demonstrate exceptional written communication, ability to lead, attention to detail, supply management expertise, ability to multitask, networking abilities, negotiation skills, and sales skills.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Materials Coordinator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Materials Coordinator resumes for your reference.
Materials Coordinator Resume Sample 1
- Maintained a working knowledge of a diverse range of materials and the warehouse workflow.
- Achieved over 300% in incoming inventory accuracy by performing cycle counts, taking corrective actions per policy, and utilizing automated inventory system to track material transfers.
- Collaborated with product development department to work around production schedule by acting as liaison between operations, shipping/receiving departments, quality control manager, and finance manager.
- Pioneered new process for receiving shipments from suppliers by initiating daily tracking updates from suppliers to ensure deliveries meet required date.
- Received appreciation from Operations Manager for proactive efforts and dedication; implemented new standard operating procedure (SOP) for dispatch management which reduced parts movement by 50%.
Materials Coordinator Resume Sample 2
- Conducted daily allotment of ten MIG welding operators and twelve wireers according to production requirements.
- Facilitated timely metal supply through effective management of inventory and material flow to meet customer demand and maintain safety, quality, and productivity goals.
- Managed warehouse personnel by reducing turnover rate; recognized with merit raise for outstanding performance.
- Assisted in the creation of a document that outlined standard work instructions for three departments which increased efficiency throughout the entire facility.
- Participated in disaster recovery plan for regional facilities; directed relocation activities under adverse conditions at other locations while maintaining continuous operation at primary location.
Materials Coordinator Resume Sample 3
- Managed Inventory Control Area for Distribution Center, ensuring accuracy of inventory counts.
- Facilitated warehouse layout changes to improve flow and efficiency of material movement by optimizing current space utilization.
- Performed cycle counting at distribution center, adjusting data in computer system to reflect physical count totals.
- Averaged 98% on each pick-up schedule audit of stocking locations performed throughout the facility for 100+ items per week, including hazardous materials.
- Adhered to all company policies, procedures and guidelines with regards to safety, security and compliance during work shift while working in a fast-paced environment.
Materials Coordinator Resume Sample 4
- Monitored inventory levels and adjusted orders to meet departmental requirements.
- Implemented process improvement initiatives; increased accuracy of receiving, shipping, and materials management processes by 40%.
- Prepared monthly metrics reports for upper management to track ongoing progress towards meeting organizational goals.
- Participated in continuous improvement projects such as equipment audits and work flow analyses.
- Resolve issues with over 200 vendors; expedited e-mail responses within 24 hours.
Materials Coordinator Resume Sample 5
- Responsible for an entire warehouse, including storage of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Oversaw daily management of inventory levels for over $5 million worth of raw materials, supplies, and finished goods.
- Responded to emergency situations that caused extended delays to production runs; effectively prevented company loss by purchasing additional inventory before shut down.
- Planned chemical formulas to ensure optimal safety measures were met during the manufacturing process; earned DOT certification through intensive training program.
- Achieved 100 percent on quality audit inspections throughout my employment with this company.
Materials Coordinator Resume Sample 6
- Oversaw inventory levels, new product development, and production schedules through MRP.
- Administered resources-planning schedule for replenishment of stockroom materials; contributed to $30,000 in annual savings.
- Developed procedures for customer service by studying industry needs and implementing changes in workflow.
- Managed access control system to optimize security while balancing usage with profitability.
- Expanded company’s market presence by 15% among global clients, resulting in $17M increase in revenue.
Materials Coordinator Resume Sample 7
- Reorganized all materials, including stock locations and information in the company-wide system.
- Spearheaded monthly inventory of all critical materials, ensuring service level agreements were met or exceeded for seven consecutive months.
- Achieved annual cost savings of $10M after proposing and leading project to automate warehouse workflows; recognized by Regional Manager with highest quarterly review in performance history.
- Directed change management and training efforts during successful implementation in less than three months.
- Improved supply chain efficiency by 20% through automation of key business processes; reduced processing time from days to seconds across complex environments with ten’s of thousands of users. Processed volume increased 800% with same resource level by simplifying and automating daily processes.
Materials Coordinator Resume Sample 8
- Managed the distribution of over $2 million worth of inventory and supplies, ensuring they were allocated to various departments.
- Assigned and scheduled transportation routes for all deliveries and shipments based on location and availability.
- Ensured customer satisfaction by identifying, researching, evaluating, and determining the most cost-effective sources for materials.
- Facilitated daily shipping/receiving procedures; updated product records with any changes in price or quantity; updated vendor information as needed.
- Maintained inventory by recording stock transactions; recommending new delivery dates; suggesting reorders before out-of-stock situations occur.
Materials Coordinator Resume Sample 9
- Streamlined distribution process by working with third-party transport company; reduced freight cost per unit by $100/trip.
- Provided guidance for storage and shipping of medical materials; communicated with international partners to ensure smooth product delivery.
- Maintained an inventory of over 1800 products; initiated a new warehouse management training program.
- Achieved award for accuracy in receiving, storing, picking, packing, shipping, tracking shipment data, and reporting results on time every quarter.
- Recognized as one of four model employees within the entire organization based on outstanding quality standards.
Materials Coordinator Resume Sample 10
- Negotiated price with supplier for waste removal and recycling resulting in a cost savings of $3,500.00 per month.
- Managed over 500 international vendors from six locations worldwide to obtain best prices and volumes as well as having full negotiation ability with those same suppliers.
- Planned, allocated, and distributed several million dollars’ worth of IT materials globally each year through increased inventory accuracy enhancing inventory turnover rate by 33%.
- Reduced all printed items 50% annually without sacrificing quality by implementation of an electronic order system which streamlines the entire process from initial order to product delivery.
- Facilitated implementation of a voice network that allowed our client’s workforce to become more efficient by significantly reducing their communication time.
Materials Coordinator Resume Sample 11
- Standardized parts inventories across multiple facilities by implementing a computer software program.
- Conducted a successful material purchase evaluation that resulted in a 10%+ savings to the company while maintaining stock levels.
- Negotiated favorable pricing from vendors while achieving supply chain goals for multiple customers.
- Developed and implemented an internal customer satisfaction measurement system resulting in a 75% increase in continued business from customers with whom I developed long-term relationships.
- Managed inventory of over 8,000 items ranging from screws to tablet computers; trained three employees who were integrated into my department following my departure from the company.
Materials Coordinator Resume Sample 12
- Estimated on-hand inventory requirements, receiving levels, and safety stock for a multi-plant operation.
- Effectively led projects to streamline operations for improved safety, more efficient productivity, and downsized costs.
- Tracked 500+ purchase orders with material delivery dates, expediting when necessary; recognized by Plant Manager for extraordinary performance.
- Reduced plant storage space 25% while improving on-time deliveries from 55% to 95%; recognized by Plant Manager for outstanding performance.
- Streamlined methods of handling raw materials through new automated methods thus increasing efficiency 30%.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.