Internal Medicine Physicians are responsible for the treatment, diagnosis and care of the internal organ systems of adult patients. Their duties include examining, diagnosing and treating patients, consulting with physicians, documenting services provided and performing non-surgical procedures.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Internal Medicine Physician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Internal Medicine Physician resumes for your reference.
Internal Medicine Physician Resume Sample 1
- Handled incoming calls of patient consults, which necessitated taking medical history, vital signs, physical examination, and treatment.
- Provided up-to-date information about diseases for patients.
- Diagnosed illness with blood work by running tests on samples of urine, stool specimens, sputum samples, and throat swabs.
- Prescribed medication to patients including antibiotics by diagnosing bacterial infections; pain medications for migraines or backaches; anti-inflammatory drugs for rheumatoid arthritis; asthma inhalers for wheezing or shortness of breath.
- Coordinated care between hospital staff and specialists while ill patients were in the hospital recovering from surgery.
Internal Medicine Physician Resume Sample 2
- Performed thorough medical exams and diagnosis on approximately 450 patients annually.
- I established and administered treatment and follow-up for various diseases of the heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, esophagus, stomach, intestines, nerves and blood vessels; supervised numerous doctors in my team.
- Supervised research studies with a highly qualified team of experienced specialist physicians. Conducted large scale clinical trials which resulted in important new drug advances.
- Trained junior doctors including Ophthalmology Residents; set up seminars for colleagues to educate them on the latest advancements in medical practices and advise them on recent discoveries by means of publications and rankings at international medical conferences. Advised many professors on their thesis’ progress.
- Provided education on medical practices for students who came from schools and universities of medicine to observe professional doctors at work.
Internal Medicine Physician Resume Sample 3
- Treated patients of various ages by recommending lifestyle changes, nutritional supplements, detoxification procedures, and weight loss drugs.
- Formalized a code for medical staff conduct to ensure patient safety during hospitalization; devised health care strategies for the elderly after families complained about bedsores.
- Diagnosed life-threatening infections in children by ruling out leukemia after extensive tests including blood work, x-rays, cultures and lumbar punctures.
- Ruled out potential death by prescribing medicine to correct high white cell count resulting from Chicken Pox during an epidemic.
- Prescribed medication to reduce post-surgical infection rate among heart surgery patients within 1 year of employment at one of the Top 100 Hospitals in America.
Internal Medicine Physician Resume Sample 4
- Diagnosed and treated infection, inflammation, disease (e.g., pneumonia, appendicitis), high blood pressure, asthma, stroke, cancer (e.g., breast cancer), diabetes mellitus type I, arthritis.
- Prescribed medication to reduce cholesterol levels for patients with coronary artery disease risk factors; counseled patient on diet modifications resulting in considerable weight loss over five months.
- Offered prescriptions of Topamax to prevent migraine headaches after four sessions of hypnotherapy that reduced the number of migraines from three per week to one every two weeks.
- Treated hyperthyroidism by introducing radioactive iodine without complication while advising the patient on diet modification/weight loss; patient lost six pounds of weight over two months.
- Achieved honors by publishing medical articles on new procedures for diagnosing disease.
Internal Medicine Physician Resume Sample 5
- Care for patients ranging from 5 months to 90 years of age, including mothers who bring their children in for checkups.
- Diagnose psychiatric disorders requiring hospitalization, determine best course of treatment with the patient’s input.
- Advise new parents on how to care for infants and toddlers throughout all stages of development.
- Examine x-rays of broken bones, cuts, bruises or other injuries sustained by victims involved in accidents or altercations.
- Collaborate with specialists in genetics counseling to establish plan of care for each patient based on severity of medical conditions.
Internal Medicine Physician Resume Sample 6
- Provided complete and comprehensive care to patients with a variety of medical conditions.
- Assessed, diagnosed, and prescribed treatment plans for various medical ills from my own unique perspective.
- Prescribed pharmacological agents when deemed appropriate in accordance with state prescribing laws and my own personal ethics.
- Fulfilled administrative duties such as documentation, record keeping, correspondence with insurance companies, and billing requirements.
- Performed duties in the capacity of an independent contractor; gained self-employment experience by obtaining contracts with several private medical practices throughout the region.
Internal Medicine Physician Resume Sample 7
- Identified increased risk for congestive heart failure (CHF) and development of cardiac cachexia resulting in reduced exercise capacity.
- Detected early changes in serum thyroid stimulating hormone levels before they registered outside normal range.
- Recognized low blood pressure with tachycardia at rest as a sign of acute myocardial infarction (AMI).
- Prescribed medications to promote weight gain with fever prevention after two weeks of hospitalization for pneumonia.
- Diagnosed patient with addiction leading to disability with depression, anxiety, and paranoia; initiated treatment regimen resulting in full recovery within six months.
Internal Medicine Physician Resume Sample 8
- Diagnosed and treated over 800 patients with acute and chronic illnesses to promote wellness, health, and disease management.
- Assisted in the development of medical protocols for targeted care teams within a specialty service line.
- Investigated patients’ complaints to identify their concerns; identified additional ways to help each patient feel more comfortable at home and work.
- Educate physicians and nurses on techniques for interviewing patients about psychosocial challenges to provide holistic treatment plans for full recovery and rehabilitation.
- Performed weekly rounds as Team Leader, managing a team of five doctors from diverse demographics to ensure effective communication among all disciplines involved in patient care coordination.
Internal Medicine Physician Resume Sample 9
- Provided medical services for over 2000 patients including scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, cultivating patient relationships, and aiding in diagnosis.
- Trained as a research volunteer to collect data from the veteran’s health system on disease frequencies and treatment results. Recognized by a colleague as a role model for future researchers.
- Established strong reputation as an effective educator by routinely explaining difficult concepts to student groups through lectures, workshops, and question-answer sessions.
- Take initiative with advanced tasks after gaining knowledge of operating room protocols during surgical rotations; observed surgeries without direct supervision of attending physicians.
- Efficiently utilized time while working at the hospital before graduating with honors; began at 8 AM and finished at 2 AM, Monday through Thursday with no complaints.
Internal Medicine Physician Resume Sample 10
- Assisted in general management of the practice including patient care, staffing, budgeting, and office efficiency.
- Orchestrated a health education program for diabetic patients to reduce complication risks at home; recognized by Healthcare Business Monthly as one of Michigan’s top physicians under 40.
- Invented an award winning medical device involving smart phone technology for the diagnosis and treatment of abdominal pain in pediatric patients that was awarded a $100,000 Grand Prize from GE-Healthcare in 2012.
- Trained students in basic clinical skills while working as a doctor for a local nursing school.
- Diagnosed a rare case involving a highly infectious virus that was later confirmed by the CDC; only seven other cases in the world had been reported.
To work as an Internal Medicine Physician you’ll need a Doctorate of Medicine, to complete a residency of internal medicine, a license to practice medicine and experience in the field. Internal Medicine Physicians must demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of their area, compassion, discretion, ability to work under pressure, adaptability, clear communication and determination to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Internal Medicine Physician Resume Samples
- Internal Medicine Physician Resume Sample 1
- Internal Medicine Physician Resume Sample 2
- Internal Medicine Physician Resume Sample 3
- Internal Medicine Physician Resume Sample 4
- Internal Medicine Physician Resume Sample 5
- Internal Medicine Physician Resume Sample 6
- Internal Medicine Physician Resume Sample 7
- Internal Medicine Physician Resume Sample 8
- Internal Medicine Physician Resume Sample 9
- Internal Medicine Physician Resume Sample 10
- Wrap Up