Student respiratory therapists are specialists in training, learning to care for individuals with breathing disorders. Their duties include developing treatment plans, running tests, treating patients, providing patients with information about their disorder, setting up ventilators and other breathing aids, and maintaining patient records.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Student Respiratory Therapist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Student Respiratory Therapist resumes for your reference.
Student Respiratory Therapist Resume Sample 1
- Participated in the Unit Committee that provided oversight to the student’s performance for Student Agency Award.
- Assisted in compiling data related to drug suboxone mandated suboxone sublingual program.
- Collected daily progress notes from students along with personal progress notes on a daily basis.
- Ordered suboxone, trackers, and benzodiazepines to administer via IV during Gatorade days for Student Agency Award.
- Conducted complete evaluations of each of the student’s medical conditions, respiratory status, medications/therapies used, and also assessed Medication Therapy Daily Summary.
Student Respiratory Therapist Resume Sample 2
- Recognized by upper administration for outstanding analysis of data relating to diagnostic equipment. Achieved award for research regarding the effect of various types of pollen on respiratory health of children.
- Awarded scholarship for outstanding academic performance based on GPA and test scores. Received recognition as an athlete who ranked among the top five percent in scoring, assists, and steals.
- Voted “Most Polite” by peers; provided additional help to fellow students who were having difficulty understanding course material.
- Received certificate of appreciation from County Hospital Administration for quick response to Code Blue situation resulting in saving two lives. Awarded scholarship based on GPA and class rank.
- Exceeded quota on collections while maintaining a 95% customer satisfaction rating. A developed innovative program to reduce the response time of on-call technicians.
Student Respiratory Therapist Resume Sample 3
- Participated in various community outreach programs, such as the MS Society and the MS Association.
- Attended numerous volunteer activities at local schools and hospitals, such as raising money for Relay for Life.
- Served on various committees; presented at several schools.
- Participated in MS societies and the MS association, and in Relay for Life activities.
- Participated in fundraising events; participated in raffles for different charities; held bake sales and hosted dances.
Student Respiratory Therapist Resume Sample 4
- Received outstanding testimonial on student achievement; received award for having the highest average grade on all patient observations.
- Participated in community outreach through volunteer work with the Special Olympics of Georgia, including serving as a host parent for the state soccer championship.
- Achieved outstanding quality award; successfully completed term project on respiratory management of children with asthma.
- Achieved Outstanding Customer Satisfaction Award; worked with supervisor to provide clinical care to patients requiring assistance due to client’s medical conditions.
- Remained schedule flexible, even after oversleeping and missing 7-hour work shift by 30 minutes due to travel schedule inconvenience (jury duty).
Student Respiratory Therapist Resume Sample 5
- Worked with a physician to develop a treatment plan for each patient.
- Consistently offered patient education related to the treatment program.
- Served as a liaison between patients, physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, and pharmacists.
- Coordinated with physical therapy department to ensure patients were well-informed on discharge instructions after physical therapy sessions to meet discharge criteria.
- Received acknowledgement by patients for providing compassionate care; provided holistic care in spiritually sensitive situations; was featured in the Review-Journal newspaper article “Patient Care Comes With Compassion.
Student Respiratory Therapist Resume Sample 6
- Assisted respiratory therapist in 3 acute care hospital settings.
- Performed pulmonary function testing, arterial blood gas analyses, and spirometry procedures on adults and children.
- Reviewed medical histories, performed clinical assessments to include vital signs, height/weight measurements, and pulmonary system examinations.
- Compiled data resulting in patient care improvement; identified areas of concern to include therapeutic intervention options.
- Prepared records for physician review; reviewed patient records for accuracy of information recorded by other staff members regarding clinical assessments, diagnostic techniques, and treatment plans.
Student Respiratory Therapist Resume Sample 7
- Completed patient assessments; effectively monitored patients’ respiratory status while guiding them toward appropriate breathing techniques.
- Participated in the development of a new staff training program; contributed to an increase in the number of successful patient treatments.
- Healed patients suffering from asthma while demonstrating compassion; contributed to staff rating of 100% patient satisfaction rating.
- Recognized by staff for providing exceptional customer service; ensured that all patients received appropriate information and support.
- Provided excellent customer service while educating patients on the risks associated with tobacco use; contributed to increased tobacco cessation rates among patients.
Student Respiratory Therapist Resume Sample 8
- Demonstrated compassion and effective communication with patients recovering from surgery, as well as those suffering from chronic and life-threatening diseases.
- Received commendation for resolving issues relating to physician’s orders and patient care, which resulted in a more positive experience for the patient and increased the likelihood of their compliance with treatment.
- Collaborated with physicians; effectively resolved issues affecting patients’ care by acquiring additional information and involving the right people to accomplish goals.
- Achieved award for providing unmatched customer service; effectively interpreted physician’s orders by identifying problems and responding with solutions.
- Participated in the development of new staff training program; guided team members towards successful treatment of patients, resulting in improvement in overall patient satisfaction.
Student Respiratory Therapist Resume Sample 9
- Completed patient care in a timely manner; effectively evaluated, treated, and documented patients’ conditions.
- Provided treatment for patients with asthma and other respiratory problems; prepared and implemented an individual treatment plan for each patient.
- Collaborated with hospital staff to develop treatment plans; monitored and adjusted medication.
- Promoted company bulletins regarding the health needs of patients; maintained a pleasant and courteous demeanor when interacting with patients and family members.
- Assessed and treated newborns within the first 24 hours after birth; administered medication when needed to help babies breathe smoothly.
Student Respiratory Therapist Resume Sample 10
- Recognized for outstanding performance; recruited to transfer students at a community college.
- Earned an A on the U.S. History semester exam; recognized by the teacher for exceptional proficiency in public speaking.
- Recognized for exceptional proficiency; directly supervised and mentored a student intern in patient care and documentation.
- Recognized for exceptional proficiency; developed strategies and techniques in emergency management and leadership role in a health care environment.
- Recognized for excellent marks in all courses with a grade of B+ or higher; recognized as an Outstanding Student by her preceptor.
Student Respiratory Therapist Resume Sample 11
- Enrolled in a total of 20 semester hours towards 1st year of an Associate of Science Degree in Respiratory Therapy, with a GPA of 3.6, while participating in the College’s competitive student-athlete branch.
- Completed a Biomedical Sciences Seminar course emphasizing anatomy and physiology; earned a B+ grade.
- Attained recognition by the Athletic Director for maintaining a 3.5 GPA during the Spring semester while participating in the College’s national championship women’s soccer team.
- Attained recognition from the Dean of Students for maintaining a 3.0 GPA throughout the Spring semester while participating in the College’s national championship women’s soccer team.
- Received an athletic award in recognition for outstanding performance during Spring and Fall semesters; received an award for excellence in sportsmanship and peer leadership; received an award for academic excellence; received an award for citizenship and community service.
Student Respiratory Therapist Resume Sample 12
- Achieved exceptional scores on all Phase I assessments for clinical training.
- Received award for academic excellence in the area of cardiopulmonary anatomy.
- Recognized for outstanding performance in clinical internship by providing comfort and support to patients while implementing the nursing process of safe, therapeutic, caring, patient-centered care.
- Earned clinical skills award for developing skills needed for success on the national certification examination.
- Learned key breathing exercises at a conference that allowed me to better assist patients who are at risk for respiratory failure post-operatively after extensive mediastinal surgery.
To work as a student respiratory therapist, you need to have either an Associate’s degree or a Bachelor’s degree in respiratory therapy and a respiratory therapist certification. Student respiratory therapists need to have an understanding of anatomy, knowledge of breathing disorders, a friendly bedside manner, computer proficiency, communication skills, administrative skills, and the ability to work as part of a team.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.