Assistant nurse managers support the administration of facilities with the organization of nurses and their duties. This specialized assistant leads the nursing team in inpatient care, assesses the care delivered, ensures it meets defined standards and regulations, organizes their shifts, contributes to patient care and motivates the nurses.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Assistant Nurse Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Assistant Nurse Manager resumes for your reference.
Assistant Nurse Manager Resume Sample 1
- Led a department of 40 employees with a total of 73 licensed beds, 11 LPN’s, and three CNA’s.
- Achieved 74% on surveys where more than 10 patients responded to give an opportunity for the clinic to be rated as a 3.8 out of 4.0 average.
- Received Gold Award for leadership from the nursing staff for exceptional performance with superior clinical skills and documentation skills.
- Answered all questions with the utmost professionalism and concern for patient safety, concerns, and needs.
- Recognized by patients as someone they feel is honest and trustworthy; received recognition from colleagues for excellent performance every year since joining the clinic.
Assistant Nurse Manager Resume Sample 2
- Advanced within the nursing field by training, supervising and managing an integral team which attends to the needs of the patients.
- Proficient with computers and software application facilitating patient care and record-keeping.
- Validated individual and group client needs with customer service skills and exceptional follow-up on behalf of patients and service providers.
- Maintained close supervision of over 100 students as they assist in nursing care of others; developed excellent rapport with students as a leader.
- Demonstrated excellence as a nurse manager for over five years; received Excellence in Nursing Award from professional colleagues at FHC Tipton, Tracy, Des Moines, Panama City Beach among others.
Assistant Nurse Manager Resume Sample 3
- Trained and supervised twenty-five staff nurses and physicians and twenty-five staff technicians.
- Monitored equipment for cleanliness; controlled patient environment; maintained accurate patient charts.
- Established standards for nursing, advising physical therapists to follow guidelines as an example of good practice.
- Developed a six-step process, after meeting with management, to reduce time spent on administrative paperwork by an average of 50% per month.
- Initiated new programs within the company utilizing existing processes to support this initiative.
Assistant Nurse Manager Resume Sample 4
- Supervised four nurse assistants; took initiative in recruiting swing shift nurses to relieve everyday demand for care.
- Recognized by the President of the organization for excellent teamwork; received high marks on patient satisfaction surveys.
- Recognized by staff members for exemplary work ethic and dedication to quality patient care.
- Was responsible for all hiring procedures for staff members, including interviewing candidates, resolving qualified individuals into positions, and managing performance.
- Recognized by staff members for excellent organizational skills; received distinction upon completion of company-wide performance evaluations.
Assistant Nurse Manager Resume Sample 5
- Maintained a 99.7% participation rate of the 160 assistants that oversaw clinical operations of a 76-bed emergency room facility.
- Completed a total of 750 patient care activities, out of a total of 1,200 clinical rounds per year, at an average time stoppage rate of two minutes.
- Developed development strategies for facility improvements through the hiring of new clinical personnel from the College for Graduate Nursing and Allied Health education program, within budget parameters.
- Continued to grow in leadership skills by mentoring other nursing staff.
- Received recognition from the medical center’s nursing leadership for achieving specific milestones that included promotion to assistant manager and earning a perfect attendance record.
Assistant Nurse Manager Resume Sample 6
- Managed a medical unit with an average staff turnover rate of 25%.
- Recognized by the hospital administration for outstanding performance.
- Achieved recognition as Nurse Manager of the Year for consistently providing quality patient care; promoted care to achieve excellent patient satisfaction, and overall high ratings.
- Recognized by the hospital’s corporate office for exceptional performance; achieved record-breaking scores in customer surveys.
- Received commendation from the hospital’s administration for superior customer service; achieved top rankings in customer satisfaction surveys.
Assistant Nurse Manager Resume Sample 7
- Compiled nursing reports for each shift while maintaining proper patient records and medical logs.
- Created a chart of general information for new patients including demographic, history, physical examination, laboratory tests, etc., and communicated this information to the nursing staff.
- Received high marks from the administration on their evaluations of patient care from each shift.
- Adopted a professional attitude with all patients; stayed calm during emergency situations.
- Became involved with several successful fundraisers including Walk & Roll, Tummy Touchdown, and Kansas City Marathon Relay team member.
Assistant Nurse Manager Resume Sample 8
- Assessed all patients to determine and prioritize orders and treatments (checking and processing lab orders and test results).
- Consolidated and coordinated all health care services in the hospital including, general surgery, obstetrics & gynecology, medical-surgical, labor & delivery, trauma center; managed the employee records; ensured employee work schedules.
- Improved performance measures such as patient census (30% improvement), blood usage (15% improvement), turnover for nurses (15% improvement) and turn-around time for getting patients into bed or back to their rooms.
- Achieved exemplary results in patient safety; reduced number of medication errors by 15%.
- Implemented a weekly organization meeting of the nursing staff to ensure the development of a common mission and vision among staff members.
Assistant Nurse Manager Resume Sample 9
- Supervised all nurses and staff; ensured patient safety through administration of medication, treatment, and meals; identified potential problems in nursing procedure.
- Promoted teamwork within the department to improve patient care; encouraged informal hand-holding among coworkers.
- Effectively identified and corrected problems to ensure efficient delivery of patient care.
- Established a self-management program for employees in a manner which improved teamwork and reduces absenteeism.
- Received recognition from the administration at a national level for outstanding leadership skills demonstrated by my supervisors in establishing a high standard of nurse staffing in order to deliver consistent quality service.
To work as an assistant nurse manager, you would need to be a CCNE-accredited nursing bachelor’s degree holder; licensed, registered professional nurse with an associate degree in management. Competent managers demonstrate leadership skills, strong interpersonal skills, basic life support skills, organizational skills, time management, attention to detail, physical fitness, passion to serve, decision-making skills and the ability to multi-task.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.