Commercial account managers oversee the management of customers’ accounts in an organization. Their main duties include overseeing customer account management, building long lasting customer relationships, preparing account status reports, resolving customers’ complaints, developing commercial account strategies and supervising commercial accounts staff.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Commercial Account Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Commercial Account Manager resumes for your reference.
Commercial Account Manager Resume Sample 1
- Generated $2 million in annual sales for the company through new customer acquisitions, upsells, and cross-selling of products.
- Successfully maintained existing accounts by adding over $200K yearly to each business; recognized by Regional Manager for outstanding performance.
- Recognized as Top Performer at three different periods in one year; granted award based on financial results and individual contribution.
- Obtained highest marks in Customer Portfolio Management training course; taught others how to effectively manage client relationships.
- Lead weekly meetings with the team to share information about closed accounts, increase morale, and coordinate teamwork efforts.
Commercial Account Manager Resume Sample 2
- Achieved highest team sales performance during my first year as a member of the All-Star Program achieving seventy percent of my goal.
- Earned recognition from management for increasing market share by over ten percent, exceeding budget by more than twenty-five thousand dollars.
- Managed a portfolio of fifty commercial accounts with a projected billing value of three million dollars and turning a profit on all product lines within one month.
- Amicably resolved account issues resulting from merchandising mix-ups to create mutually beneficial relationships between retailers and wholesalers.
- Developed strategies to maximize revenue potentials while minimizing costs, implementing new procedures which led to increased efficiency and productivity at twice the original costs.
Commercial Account Manager Resume Sample 3
- Developed relationships with commercial accounts.
- Gained the trust of employers by conducting audits on the company’s credit history, ensuring that they were applying for loans that met their needs and created a mutually beneficial partnership.
- Expanded business base with strategic networking to uncover new commercial leads. Responsible for over $2 million in new accounts revenue.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales goals; recognized as Sales Person of the Year two consecutive years in one division.
- Excelled at leading sales team to unprecedented success; expanded territory from three states to nine states generating over $10 million in annual revenues within nine months.
Commercial Account Manager Resume Sample 4
- Restructured and re-negotiated existing multi-million dollar accounts to expand market place with strategic planning.
- Identified emerging trends, new opportunities, and brought them to lead management for future challenges.
- Oversaw the complete negotiaton process of converting several large projects into high margin contracts totaling over $250 million in revenue.
- Forecasted increasing demands for larger lot sizes increasing productivity by 5% annually with recommendation for expansion equipment.
- Pioneered new industry segments through digital marketing outreach increasing worldwide brand awareness by 4%.
Commercial Account Manager Resume Sample 5
- Set sales goals and achieved over 120% of goal within first six months, recognized by company as “Top Rookie.”
- Achieved quarterly quota every quarter received special awards for performance even during periods of low customer spending.
- Created effective rapport with customers to identify three new business opportunities valued at $300k+ each by final presentation date.
- Exceeded all expectations by closing two large accounts with minimum supervision; One account has produced revenues totaling $10M annually since 2008.
- Grew commercial revenue 300% during four years through the generation of new business prospects and increased market penetration.
Commercial Account Manager Resume Sample 6
- Secured $25,000 contract for New Product X with Fortune 500 company.
- Achieved top sales performer status by generating $859,900 in sales volume within first six months of employment.
- Closed three-year $20 million dollar revolving line of credit to finance acquisitions/expansions for Fortune Global 100 company.
- Earned an international sales award for the second consecutive year; the only member of the commercial account team to achieve this honor.
- Reactivated dormant accounts totaling more than $50M; generated new business and serviced existing accounts resulting in a 14% increase in overall portfolio value over previous year.
Commercial Account Manager Resume Sample 7
- Improved productivity and quality rates by 20% through initiating a training program for new accounts.
- Introduced six new products at the request of customers, good for an additional $3 million in annual sales.
- Worked closely with foreign dealers to establish distribution channels to drive up international sales, growing revenue from 5% to 50%.
- Managed monthly budget for multiple retail locations including payroll, advertising, inventory tracking, and wholesale account management.
- Obtained top sales honors during my time as an Account Manager; sales per month averaged at $1 million each month over the course of three years for total earnings of $2.6 million.
Commercial Account Manager Resume Sample 8
- Sourced new business in the retail, travel and hospitality industries by developing professional relationships with key decision-makers.
- Organized and planned a $200,000 commercial show for over 50 participating lines that exceeded revenue expectations.
- Maintained an average of $50 million in annual sales volume while generating more than $100,000 in positive cash flow per month and representing five corporate accounts.
- Negotiated contracts to close two major deals worth more than $160,000 each within weeks of joining the sales team; recognized for outstanding performance.
- Provided comprehensive management information by implementing Salesforce CRM system to track daily sales activities across multiple locations.
Commercial Account Manager Resume Sample 9
- Increased sales by an average of 50-75% every year, the highest record in the company.
- Developed a comprehensive sales plan to increase sales for small commercial accounts.
- Promoted to Team Leader after acquiring first place for meeting national sales goal three years consecutively.
- Received Excellence Award from Sales manager due to outstanding results and ability to meet production standards with limited supervision.
- Gained extensive knowledge dealing with top management personnel of major corporations through business transactions.
Commercial Account Manager Resume Sample 10
- Gained company support and star treatment as member of finalist team for J.C. Penney business presentation contest; awarded $20,000 in cash and prizes at convention.
- Signed on top accounts and received the Gold Key Award for securing over 80% share of market; recognized by District Sales Manager for outstanding performance.
- WON TOP SALES PERFORMER AWARD – outsold all other full time sales associates during first quarter of fiscal year (highest dollar volume) resulting in a trip to Cancun for one week (awarded by Assistant Vice President).
- Ranked second highest quota achievement among six district managers; corporation rewarded me with a to Acapulco (awarded by Senior District Manager).
- Gained authority as the only employee capable of resolving issues between company representatives and clients; recognized by Vice President as an asset to the organization (awarded by President).
Commercial Account Manager Resume Sample 11
- Maintained a 90% customer approval rating for all requests.
- Sold the entire floorplan of a new Chrysler to three dealerships.
- Initiated and implemented training programs that have increased sales productivity by 15%.
- Educated owner/operators on preventing downtime with product maintenance suggestions, increasing profitability and improving morale.
- Trained four new employees in system protocols within a month’s period to ensure better communication among clients and management.
To work as a commercial account manager, you require a bachelor’s degree in sales or its equivalent and a certification by the Certified Commercial Manager (CCM). Commercial account managers must demonstrate analytical skills, problem-solving skills, organizational skills, managerial skills, customer relations skills, teamwork and communication skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Commercial Account Manager Resume Samples
- Commercial Account Manager Resume Sample 1
- Commercial Account Manager Resume Sample 2
- Commercial Account Manager Resume Sample 3
- Commercial Account Manager Resume Sample 4
- Commercial Account Manager Resume Sample 5
- Commercial Account Manager Resume Sample 6
- Commercial Account Manager Resume Sample 7
- Commercial Account Manager Resume Sample 8
- Commercial Account Manager Resume Sample 9
- Commercial Account Manager Resume Sample 10
- Commercial Account Manager Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up