Oracle Apps database administrators provide database administration support. Their duties include working with developers to maintain an environment for app testing, implementing Oracle backup/recovery strategies, assisting in planning/implementing changes, evaluating new products and features, performing reorganizations, and getting DB security violations remedied.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Oracle Apps Dba Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Oracle Apps Dba resumes for your reference.
Oracle Apps Dba Resume Sample 1
- Identified and resolved complicated issues during the pre-sales consulting phase.
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle database design, architecture, and administration.
- Meaningful contributions in project supervision, organization, and leadership of six-man team.
- Proven as a technically adept database administrator by maintaining 24×7 availability through proper site management and resource allocation.
- Developed resources to improve organizational productivity through effective project management techniques.
Oracle Apps Dba Resume Sample 2
- Constructed and maintained all databases including general ledger, payroll, personnel, and distribution. implemented new technology to improve efficiency, security and customer service.
- Designed and developed applications for customer purchasing process in retail stores. Determined budget for system development by analyzing current processing time and cost.
- Exceeded business targets with the implementation of Oracle Applications software after the first year partnership, resulting in consistent cash flow improvements.
- Achieved recognition during performance review by management as having achieved annual growth of 20% through planning, execution and customer satisfaction with accounting, billing and inventory systems.
- Established first board of directors by creating company pro forma and board resolution; contributed to the development of a $3 million dollar enterprise.
Oracle Apps Dba Resume Sample 3
- Performed high-availability cluster sizing and configuration in a multi-tier application data environment.
- Created a new Oracle environment from scratch as part of a complete LAN/WAN migration project.
- Built and administered an Oracle database for the processing of transactions for international financial transactions.
- Efficiently moved mission-critical, departmental databases to the new Oracle platform without loss of data integrity or performance.
- Mentored team members in the effective use of Oracle applications after promotion to junior DBA position, allowing them to achieve an average 20% increase in productivity.
Oracle Apps Dba Resume Sample 4
- Identified, resolved, and/or tracked down problems in computer software and hardware.
- Upgraded or replaced malfunctioning or outdated software; analyzed performance issues and provided recommendations for improvements.
- Assisted with integrating new employees into the IT department by training them in Oracle Apps, Lotus Notes, Word, presentation software, and the use of email with Outlook.
- Collaborated with the help desk to repair OS problems resulting from network intrusions by hackers.
- Maintained supplier relationships through effective communication; obtained products and services to ensure that IT functions ran smoothly.
Oracle Apps Dba Resume Sample 5
- Responded to daily requests for system administration and helped resolve issues that prevented work from being completed.
- Performed routine audits of backup archives to detect and correct inconsistencies; prepared a monthly report for management.
- Adhered to stringent change control processes, minimizing risk for loss of live data and mitigation of downtime.
- Accurately administered Oracle Applications upgrades, patches, and releases over a period of fifteen months resulting in more than $1 million in savings.
- Developed standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure efficient performance resulting in fewer errors and increase in productivity by 10%.
Oracle Apps Dba Resume Sample 6
- Analyzed and resolved application software problems in a pressurized environment.
- Delivered business solutions to customers by providing technical support, training, and guidance.
- Resolved database server performance issues by implementing database best practices while maintaining successful project deadlines.
- Provided technical support to clients during busy holiday seasons. Received outstanding customer service awards for attention to customer needs, prompt problem resolution, and efficient handling of high call volume.
- Assisted with hosting company web site during the Oracle Open World Convention and delivered an exceptional level of customer service through superior interpersonal skills and technical knowledge.
Oracle Apps Dba Resume Sample 7
- Grew a user group of 100 of the leading business experts in the area, from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Designed and built a successful web-based community for Oracle Matrix users.
- Designed software for an international manufacturer and distributed throughout several countries in Asia and Europe.
- Created a partnership website between smaller business owners, local governments, and larger corporations with a goal to help small businesses grow by sharing ideas and growing together as one community.
- Implemented an Internet based mathematical tool intended to aid in employee recruitment, job selection, and training.
Oracle Apps Dba Resume Sample 8
- Maximized system response time by reworking code written in plsql and Java; resolved lengthy performance issues in the aftermath of a merger.
- Consolidated Oracle-based applications by establishing new Oracle accounts, migrating financial data, and managing account privileges.
- Designed new tools to meet information needs of the business community through improved access to data; implemented automated feeds of quality control data.
- Expanded Internet presence by encouraging use in local public libraries, schools, and companies; designed web page for community use.
- Maintained active role in professional development through membership on committees overseeing standards for Oracle Apps Dba certification program; earned Oracle Certified Professional designation.
Oracle Apps Dba Resume Sample 9
- Performed enterprise level database administration in SQL.
- Managed network and server hardware to maintain medium-sized business’ computer systems.
- Created and maintained user access rights as well as profiles; resolved system wide problems relating to daily operations, applications, and networking issues.
- Trained newly hired employees on Oracle reporting interface; led new hire orientation on company policies and practices.
- Reduced operational expenses by researching the purchase of virtualized servers and commissioning the implementation of a private cloud that saved 10% on annual hosting fees.
Oracle Apps Dba Resume Sample 10
- Applied skills and knowledge of computer, networking, and business applications to develop solutions for data-warehousing, information retrieval, Internet applications.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL statements; proficiency in financial systems; proficient in Oracle programming language.
- Expertise in managing, maintenance, and administration of Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions.
- Successfully completed three projects from start to finish with no defects or bugs, exceeding project deadlines and exceeding bug count by a factor of two.
- Received an outstanding quality award for excellence in application development through planning and testing.
Oracle Apps Dba Resume Sample 11
- Responsible for database management and integrity for a multi-billion dollar budget and personnel tracking software; retained a 100% accuracy rating for three consecutive quarters.
- Successfully developed new module to enable scheduling of travel.
- Promoted by my manager to team project leader after demonstrating my skills as a problem-solver, positive attitude, and team leader.
- Trained over 25 individuals in database design and maintenance standards within one year of employment.
- Achieved recognition as best employee in the Oracle Apps Department after being given responsibility of managing entire department within one year of employment.
Oracle Apps Dba Resume Sample 12
- Created and taught classes in Oracle Apps Dba; taught database classes for college-level data entry and business server classes.
- Evaluated, installed, and maintained Oracle Apps Dba databases; created business plans for developing students’ technical skills.
- Created test scripts to run stored procedures and functions, including testing of remote database users and databases in different environments.
- Developed, installed, and configured Oracle DB Manager on a new system to provide reporting on the database environment with redundant failover and replacement of indexes where necessary.
- Provided phone, email, and live-chat support for all server issues and database users during the upgrade of Oracle Apps Dba.
To work as a DBA, you must obtain a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related. DBAs must demonstrate UNIX/Linux experience, extensive Oracle app experience, shell scripting experience, experience with implementing Oracle database utilities, using diagnostic and monitoring tools, experience in a busy production support environment, and good customer service.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.