An IT business consultant works in information technology and consults with clients to offer professional advice and guidance in a particular area. Duties of an IT business consultant include planning, providing solutions to problems, communicating with clients, reviewing software systems, reviewing communications systems, installing data networks, and helping clients to improve existing processes.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best IT Business Consultant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real IT Business Consultant resumes for your reference.
IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Instructed high school students on the use of the Internet to develop their Web sites.
- Correctly answered over 400 phone requests per year, with a 99% call resolution rate. Shared experienced knowledge about computers, networking, and technology.
- Developed an educational program to standardize business process among region business partners. Engaged with customers in real time regarding complex business processes.
- Served as a community liaison to answer over 500 telephone inquiries that help resolve customer issues, with a 98% call resolution rate. Communicated effectively between departments of the organization with verbal and written skills.
- Trained customers to use the company’s standardized processes for order entry, product delivery, and customer service. Developed new connections to diversify business activities related to customers’ needs.
IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Transitioned an under performing team into a high performing team by purchasing/implementing the right combination of hardware, software, and services.
- Advised executives based on extensive research of current IT environment based on business requirements.
- Recognized for outstanding performance by providing successful financial analysis, planning, and project tracking.
- Received award for reducing network infrastructure costs by securing better pricing from Internet service providers.
- Achieved award for saving company $40,000 after negotiating effective contract terms with replacement printer vendor.
IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Actively engaged clients in revenue-producing activities through the utilization of office automation technologies.
- Led projects to produce quality, cost effective results according to client specifications.
- Competently designed, implemented, and tested technical solutions for both small and large-scale businesses.
- Quickly gained recognition for porting mainframe programs to the PC; reduced costs by $35,000.00 annually.
- Effectively negotiated business deals with corporate representatives (CEOs) at two top Fortune 500 companies.
IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Attained a level of expertise in systems planning and maintenance that earned him a promotion to a managerial position.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude for program analysis and design, system integration, security, and networking.
- Gained a reputation as a troubleshooter of computer hardware and software problems.
- Received recognition from the Director of the Information Technology Department as one of four employees most apt to handle any task required on the floor of their department.
- Achieved five-star rating as an out-of-the-box thinker for his innovative ideas on best practices for computer management.
IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Written software programs for international corporations.
- Designed, implemented, and maintained websites.
- Helped clients maximize their potential with the use of new technologies.
- Provided IT support to other divisions of companies.
- Created training manuals for new employees to ensure that the company was recognized as a good employer.
IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Collaborated with partners to optimize IT infrastructure for business operations.
- Assisted clients in analyzing and structuring financial, legal, and investment concerns.
- Designed training programs to enhance employees’ skills for advanced knowledge acquisition.
- Effectively managed large-scale technology systems while adhering to strict guidelines, budget parameters, etc.; collaborated with clients on technical support documentation.
- Established individual program objectives to meet client’s needs; ensured compliance with company guidelines during training sessions.
IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Provided consulting services for corporate security and information technology needs.
- Mentored other IT Professionals in the area of the rapidly developing business technology industry.
- Served as a technical resource to Fortune 50 companies, government agencies, and educational institutions.
- Certified in project management and earned certification in security by GSNA (Global Security Network Association).
- Earned awards for innovative ideas, while demonstrating technical competence.
IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Performed IT audits, scanning for vulnerabilities and resolving technical problems to restore systems.
- Aided in the development of business continuity plans, including testing and upgrading backup equipment.
- Developed data migration strategy to simulate an unplanned system shutdown for future testing.
- Authored “Guide to Disaster Recovery” publication on data management, which has contributed to new business opportunities.
- Improved operational efficiency by establishing communications plan defining new service packages, pricing methodologies, and customer needs.
IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Established key decision-making processes for public, private, and international companies.
- Achieved business growth results by converting to new business models.
- Maintained the company’s position as the top provider of systems development in the field of health care information services by pursuing advanced knowledge in proprietary systems.
- Demonstrated award-winning presentation skills during national conferences with Q&A sessions moderated by industry leaders in healthcare IT.
- Provided industry-best IT solutions according to the needs of many organizations through hands-on experience with over 100 projects for clients across five countries in banking, manufacturing, transportation, healthcare, and technology industries.
IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Provided solutions and generated significant revenue growth for four public companies by crafting business plans, analyzing business practices, and implementing cost-reducing strategies.
- Managed the installation of computer hardware, software, networking equipment, and specialized peripherals to increase office productivity.
- Utilized personal hardware configuration to improve overall operation of computer networks for customers; developed unique solutions for customers’ problems.
- Made the transition from engineer to management; developed management team and guided co-workers in support tasks.
- Hired and trained new consultants; developed unique solutions for client’s problems and generated significant revenue growth.
IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Provided technical assistance via telephone, e-mail, and in-house IT consulting to clients with the implementation of new hardware and Microsoft operating systems.
- Trained a diverse pool of employees on Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Project software products.
- Hosted a client appreciation party at a local restaurant for a client that had been served by the agency for over seven years.
- Recovered lost data vitally needed by an agency’s CEO during secondary storage device failure.
- Received outstanding customer service award from two major agreements negotiated between the company and an outsource vendor of computer network services.
IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 12
- Developed a corporate strategy for a major international corporate client by first understanding the company’s business needs.
- Created a new software system to expand service offerings to clients.
- Developed a special program to meet the needs of an aging population, enabling them to remain independent and stay integrated with their families and communities.
- Created an online tool designed to help parents parent.
- Provided training and consulting services in areas such as advanced computer skills, migration from Windows 95 or 98 operating systems, e-commerce design and promotion, and Microsoft PC training.
IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 13
- Provided computer analysis, programming, and technical support for businesses in the business district.
- Maintained relationships with clients by responding to phone calls and e-mail in a timely manner.
- Upgraded print systems; developed customer service relationship that achieved 15% increase in sales for one business within 6 months.
- Identified, analyzed, and resolved customer billing errors; attained 100% accuracy rating of complete resolution of all customer billing errors during quarterly results review meeting.
- Developed automated backup system to protect company data; reduced file restore time from 15 days to less than 2 hours.
Educational requirements include a bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or related field of study. Skills needed include knowledge of operating systems, ability to handle multiple tasks, excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills, ability to work without supervision, and the ability to come up with new and exciting ideas.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best IT Business Consultant Resume Samples
- IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 1
- IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 2
- IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 3
- IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 4
- IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 5
- IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 6
- IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 7
- IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 8
- IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 9
- IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 10
- IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 11
- IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 12
- IT Business Consultant Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up