Electrocardiograph technicians are responsible for conducting tests to determine the cardiovascular health of patients. Their duties include identifying heart conditions, monitoring patients’ blood pressure, ensuring the safety of patients during surgeries, performing cardiovascular tests on patients, maintaining electrocardiograph equipment and explaining result tests to patients.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best EKG Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real EKG Technician resumes for your reference.
EKG Technician Resume Sample 1
- Diagnosed and treated a wide range of cardiac conditions.
- Assisted in the emergency room, emergency surgery, and resuscitation of a newborn.
- Developed a new technique to find rhythm abnormalities in EKG’s allowing for one-step resolution of internal causes of chest pain, discomfort, and arrhythmias.
- Performed over 1200 cardiac stress tests at critical times in patients’ lives to ensure correct diagnosis and proper treatment.
- Accurately diagnosed many patients’ cardiac conditions based on characteristic symptoms that have been taught by other physicians or nurses.
EKG Technician Resume Sample 2
- Performed routine duties such as administering EKG, ECG, and other specialized tests to patients.
- Correctly interpreted test results and communicated them to the patient’s physician.
- Used test equipment such as an electrocardiograph, electroencephalograph, pulse oximeter, and selected laboratory equipment to evaluate a patient’s condition.
- Obtained a minimum of two years’ training in a hospital setting including first aid training and CPR instruction.
- Maintained a clean patient environment by using proper waste management techniques.
EKG Technician Resume Sample 3
- Performed EKG tests on patients utilizing the Marquette Electronics “K2” device which measured heart beat according to the American Heart Association’s standards.
- Trained over 100 medical professionals in both automated and manual EKG testing techniques.
- Presented research project to the Society of Diagnostic Cardiac Technologists for contributing to the understanding of differences in EKG testing results based on sex, weight, age, and height.
- Credited with saving the lives of two patients who had suffered potentially fatal heart attacks through early diagnosis using echocardiography.
- Recognized for outstanding quality of work after maintaining an average of .98% error rate on over 50,000 tests over a two-year period.
EKG Technician Resume Sample 4
- Monitored, maintained, and maintained EKG’s in accordance with American Heart Association guidelines.
- Trained medical staff regarding performing EKG’s while providing advanced level training for advanced level technicians.
- Held several nursing positions that included care of 48+ patients.
- Was able to provide CPR and other life saving instructions while providing working knowledge of all areas of cardiac life support including defibrillation, pulse oximetry, intravenous medications administration, and consultations with chiropractor and physician within 24 hours time frame.
- Completed a national certification program in Cardiac Life Support (Basic Life Support & Advanced Life Support).
EKG Technician Resume Sample 5
- Trained two technicians; perfected principles of physician/patient/tech communication.
- Diagnosed EKG abnormalities with relevant information.
- Performed continuous cardiac monitoring of one patient for 24 hours.
- Participated in four major procedures including cardiopulmonary bypass, thoracic surgery, intracranial surgery, and laparoscopic surgery.
- Created individualized work schedules for all seven technicians due to 350% increase in volume during first year of employment.
EKG Technician Resume Sample 6
- Monitored and recorded electrocardiograms for over 450 patients.
- Recognized electrocardiograph patterns for abnormal heartbeat patterns and prescribed medication accordingly.
- Communicated medical information to patients and families in a highly professional manner that minimized the effects of fear, anxiety, or misunderstanding from the patient or family members.
- Successfully diagnosed a negative result on a stress test done on a patient with chest pain. The patient had been previously diagnosed with coronary artery spasm resulting from angina pain caused by a severe bout of acute angina pectoris.
- Proved exceptional medicine skills in diagnosis, treatment, and referral for over 85% of patients.
EKG Technician Resume Sample 7
- Trained, approved, supervised, and documented 238 patients returning to work after my procedure.
- Excellent attendance record; kept organized progress charts for medical records.
- Achieved company-wide excellence in patient satisfaction rating through self-guided surveys.
- Trained on various medical devices including cardiac monitors and drapes.
- Received recognition for excellence in EKG Technician skills.
EKG Technician Resume Sample 8
- Compiled and entered data into computers, thereby accurately reporting electrocardiograms of patients.
- Met with doctors to discuss treatment plans after reading and interpreting EKG readings.
- Prepared supplies for EKG tests including heart leads, tapes, and electrolytes.
- Provided leadership to fellow technicians in the central stockroom by ensuring inventory accuracy, maintaining equipment quality, and conducting quality control checks of supplies.
- Outlined cost-cutting strategies which increased hospital’s stockroom efficiency by 20%.
EKG Technician Resume Sample 9
- Remarkable success in monitoring the heart rhythm for over 200 patients while working in an Intensive Care Unit.
- Detailed understanding of holistic health concepts related to mercury poisoning, thyroid imbalance, and cardiovascular disease.
- Established positive relationships with patients through calm demeanor and extensive listening skills.
- Received appreciation award for regularly volunteering in a clinic to update CPR training every two years.
- Enjoyed providing life-saving care for victims of heart attacks, strokes, and poisonings during my year as an emergency medical technician.
EKG Technician Resume Sample 10
- Implemented accurate and efficient diagnostic techniques in a hospital emergency room, documenting patient conditions and treatment.
- Handled 100 or more patients in an 8-hour shift, performing cardio-metabolic testing, identifying deficiency states of patients, and conducting follow up analysis of results.
- Adopted an effective “team approach” to patient care by dedicating time to teaching others how to decribe patients’ symptoms.
- Increased knowledge of medicine by attending lecture classes at a local college for doctors under instruction from a cardiologist.
- Refined skills in reading EKG’s with help from a resident radiographer.
EKG Technician Resume Sample 11
- Accurately interpreted ECGs, EKG’s, and medical records for all ages.
- Stood on the front lines of patient care during emergency room visits.
- Successfully completed advanced life support CPR certification courses.
- Taught first aid procedures to medical students who worked as residents at St. Mary’s Hospital.
- Admitted two patients to the hospital who were brought in by ambulance despite incomplete hospital records.
EKG Technician Resume Sample 12
- Conducted EKG Technicians Assistant classes.
- Participated in the training of the local hospital staff in defibrillator use.
- Worked at each level of cardio-respiratory arrest, from initial assessment to “code” recognition and CPR administration.
- Regularly trained with University Hospital staff in all aspects of EKG interpretation.
- Adjusted treatment parameters under physician supervision, with complete accuracy, based upon EKG recordings produced by Technicians or Physician Assistants.
EKG Technician Resume Sample 13
- Performed electrocardiograms in a timely manner; recognized by the Regional Manager for outstanding quality control, compliance, and responsiveness.
- Received superior satisfaction rating for customer satisfaction.
- Performed temporary emergency services within emergency rooms in a timely manner; recognized by the Regional Manager for superior proficiency.
- Received award for excellence in maintaining patient confidentiality by balancing awareness of responsibility to patient with commitment to HIPAA guidelines.
- Demonstrated unique ability to cross-train skills in multiple settings with extreme proficiency; effective problem solver with outstanding interpersonal skills.
EKG Technician Resume Sample 14
- Conducted routine electrocardiography tests on the deployed services, Marine Corps Junior Reserves, and hospitals in Iraq.
- Aided in the evaluation and management of patients who presented with chronic heart conditions.
- Participated in EKG classes at West Texas Hospital for six months; assisted residents in treating patients by coaching classes; diagnosed and treated patients for arrhythmias and EKGs.
- Complied with protocol and submitted quarterly reports to proper departments regarding patient care.
- Received noteworthy employee award; recognized for outstanding job performance and improvement in the efficiency of the EKG department.
To work as an electrocardiograph technician, you require a bachelor’s degree in cardiovascular technology or its equivalent and certification by the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA). Electrocardiograph technicians must demonstrate customer relation skills, attention to detail, technical skills, problem-solving skills, teamwork, critical thinking skills and communication skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best EKG Technician Resume Samples
- EKG Technician Resume Sample 1
- EKG Technician Resume Sample 2
- EKG Technician Resume Sample 3
- EKG Technician Resume Sample 4
- EKG Technician Resume Sample 5
- EKG Technician Resume Sample 6
- EKG Technician Resume Sample 7
- EKG Technician Resume Sample 8
- EKG Technician Resume Sample 9
- EKG Technician Resume Sample 10
- EKG Technician Resume Sample 11
- EKG Technician Resume Sample 12
- EKG Technician Resume Sample 13
- EKG Technician Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up