These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Nutritionist resumes for your reference.
- Provided individual nutrition counseling to high risk participants, high risk counseling and/or medical nutrition therapy for participants.
- Issued benefits to clients and assisted in scheduling clients.
- Helped determine eligibility for non-contract/specialty formulas in accordance to state agency guidelines.
- Supervised staff daily, preformed staff evaluations, and oversaw monthly staff meetings.
- Developed concepts and theories of nutrition and dietetics as they relate to growth, development, health and disease, provided nutrition and dietary assessments.
- Organization of health resources were maintained to protect, promote and improve the health of the community; cultural/ethnic eating behaviors.
- Exceed organizational goals by having the ability to communicate effectively scientific information at levels of understanding appropriate to different audiences.
- Efficient in planning, prioritizing and organizing various projects.
- Provides nutrition education to WIC clients either individually or in groups according to the approved Nutrition Education Plan.
- Provides nutrition counseling to low and moderate risk WIC clients according to state agency policies.
- Promotes and counsels’ women on the benefits of breastfeeding according to the Breastfeeding Promotion Plan.
- Refers high risk clients needing immediate follow up to appropriate provider per policy.
- Improved safety standards for 7 installation facilities at Fort Polk, LA to decrease risks and resulting in zero accidents.
- Mentored 16 Soldiers to ensure knowledge of procedures of Promotion Board resulting in 16 Promotions.
- Supervised 30+ mechanics and truck drivers without zero safety violations over a 4 month period.
- Earned highest ranking amongst 200 of my peers graduating Non Commissioned Officer.
- Consult with physician and other health care personnel to determine patient and students nutritional needs and diet restrictions, such as low fat, low salt, ect.
- Formulate menus for therapeutic diet based on medical and physical condition of patients and integrate patients menu.
- Develop and implement plan of care based on assessment of nutritional needs and available sources, and correlate plans with other healthcare.
- Instruct patients and students about meal plan and dietary changes, and establish goals and objectives to help meet the plan.
- Gathered data, assessed nutritional status and provided nutrition counselling for clients and their families based on individual needs, including nutrient requirements, knowledge and abilities, and medical, economic, and social situation.
- Planned cycle menu of nutritionally adequate supplementary food for pre-school children.
- Conducted regular growth monitoring of clients using international reference standards.
- Assist with meeting goals, preparing marketing/program awareness materials such as newsletters and brochures, and attending staff trainings to improve team performance.
- Played a key role in increasing initiation rates to 91%, the highest of all 24 offices in the state.
- Increased client satisfaction rates by up to 100% through using a survey and analyzing results used to revise and modify the local program plan to achieve goals.
- Consulted patients on lifestyle changes by means of diet and exercise.
- Generated menus for patients based on their preferences and wellness goals, and further optimized a patient’s nutrition by implementing ALCAT results to their menu.
- Strong working knowledge of Medical Nutrition Therapy, combined with the ability to adjust menu selections based on their medically directed diet needs, then shared with MD and RD for approval.
- Conducted staff trainings on nutrition education related issues as outlined in the local Agency Nutrition Services Plan.
- Developed a high risk care plan for all high risk WIC participants based on assigned codes.
- Acted as a preceptor for Competent Professional Authorities and Competent Professional Authority personnel in training.
- Reviewed site statistics regularly and conducted strategic planning and implementation to ensure the site’s maintenance of monthly assigned workload.
- Evaluated staff performance prepared manuals appraisals and conducted counseling sessions.
- Conducted individualized nutrition care plans as scheduled for high-risk participants.
- Prescribed types and quantity of foods in accordance with the participant’s nutritional needs.
- Implemented, monitored and promoted nutrition education, breastfeeding/outreach activities.
- Assessed and recorded hematological and anthropometric measurements for participants.
- Completed Maternal Family Health Services nutrition education/anthropometric training.
- Provided nutrition consultation and education to breastfeeding/postpartum moms and their children from infancy to 5 years of age.
- Assessed the nutritional adequacy of patients’ current diets for their developmental age and made appropriate recommendations.
- Collaborated with primary care physicians, registered dietitians and management staff in order to provide the highest quality of patient care.