Application development managers supervise a team responsible for designing, adapting, and implementing software applications and information systems. Their duties include hiring and training personnel, designing applications according to their organization’s business needs, maintaining and upgrading hardware and equipment, spotting and resolving systems issues, coordinating the installation and testing of new applications and programs, and providing technical assistance to project managers and end-users.
To work as an application development manager, you need a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, or a related field, and most employers look for training in project management. Application development managers must show analytical skills, possess excellent communication skills, display leadership qualities, possess advanced computer skills, be able to multi-task, and be adept at organization and problem-solving to be successful.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Application Development Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Application Development Manager resumes for your reference.
Application Development Manager Resume Sample 1
- Ran a development team of more than a dozen highly skilled professionals.
- Released four new applications that had been in development for over two years.
- Played a key role in negotiating an 18% rate decrease from software vendor, resulting in significant savings for company.
- Achieved the highest year-end bonus award within organization given performance and contributions to project successes.
- Recognized as going above and beyond while providing support during system implementation with customer call center.
Application Development Manager Resume Sample 2
- Contributed to the development of online data tools.
- Collaborated with product managers, business analysts, and testers to identify requirements for applications.
- Created functional specifications documents detailing tasks performed by employees across organization, business processes used within department/division, and was responsible for supporting all requests related to assigned application.
- Led 6-person team responsible for designing prototype web application; implemented solutions using Java EE 5 technology stack while complying with UML 2 design standards.
- Designed applications that support customer billing needs by managing orders created in system containing over 800 tables without reference documentation or additional guidance from manager or product managers.
Application Development Manager Resume Sample 3
- R eceived a large contract from a top Fortune 100 company after tackling an application development project for an import/export bank.
- Spearheaded the transition of existing 8-bit DOS applications to 32-bit Windows platform; reduced cycle time by 30% and eliminated regression testing issues.
- Identified critical production problems, created use case diagrams and documentation, and aided in rewriting code base; greatly reduced runtime errors and enhanced performance.
- Improved customer satisfaction through development of automated test scripts and support web pages; increased up-time from 96% to 99%.
- Provided management with annual reports that helped visualize trends in project status; allowed for proactive decision making, impact analysis, and resource allocation.
Application Development Manager Resume Sample 4
- Assisted in the merging of two separate teams into one newly expanded team, delivering upon client requests.
- Improved application development processes for all development phases, increasing productivity by 204% within first year with company.
- Led a global team of 100+ software engineers to develop complex applications for Fortune 500 companies.
- Spearheaded initiatives resulting in project success through innovation, dedication, and risk-taking spirit.
- Created new product lines that contributed over $24 million annually to company revenue growth.
Application Development Manager Resume Sample 5
- Oversaw the details of a multi-million dollar contract to upgrade and modernize a client’s core business system.
- Developed a new client facing application with a team in less than two months with an excellent increase in efficiency and output.
- Led the re-architecture of critical components within the enterprise backbone, which resulted in an immediate productivity increase by 15% for all users.
- Increased company revenue by 30% through expediting changes to customer service processes, resulting from updating internal business applications.
- Executed two significant software upgrades that streamlined customer reporting and invoicing processes, decreasing technical maintenance time for 90%.
Application Development Manager Resume Sample 6
- Directly responsible for development of applications that have eliminated redundant data entry, increased revenue, and improved customer service.
- Pioneered two new product releases while reducing the time to market by 80%; recognized by division CEO for significant positive impact on organizational performance.
- Managed cost-effective project management according to industry standards while meeting deadlines without sacrificing quality; received praise from VP of IT Operations for “great job.”
- Spearheaded an international collaborative engagement with global partners in Tokyo, Russia, China, England, Germany, Canada, Australia to improve production efficiency via application development strategy.
- Effectively managed resources across multiple roles while overseeing business unit that employed approximately 40 people and performed daily operations for over $10 million.
Application Development Manager Resume Sample 7
- Streamlined the user interface for an iphone app through knowledge of UI patterns and advanced debugging skill.
- Achieved #1 Top Sales Ranking in iTunes App Store among 250k apps during first week of release; recognized by manager as a top performer.
- Highest-rated developer on Codeable. com, an online marketplace which connects developers with clients; awarded $1000 bonus from company revenue earned from website referrals to Codeable.com .
- Reduced bug backlog by 50% within three months by leading all aspects of software development including planning, testing, and production support; recognized as team lead and awarded internal promotion.
- Raised awareness of the benefits of automation and gain sponsorship for all-inclusive automation tool; educated team members to utilize the tool with 100% adoption.
Application Development Manager Resume Sample 8
- Led the team to develop a new application by gathering requirements from customers.
- Established processes and provided tools for code reviews, continuous integration, automated testing, and source control management.
- Architected scalable solutions to meet increasing customer demand; streamlined development process through automating coding tasks with Java and Groovy.
- Realized cost savings through implementation of $40 million SAP solution that reduced errors during checkout up to 90%.
- Facilitated on-time launch of new eCommerce site integrating tens of applications and databases within an agile delivery environment.
Application Development Manager Resume Sample 9
- Led software teams and coordinated the work of cross-functional areas.
- Increased operating earnings by 20% through cost cutting, process improvement, and increased efficiencies in project delivery.
- Authored and presented complex insights into complex technologies for senior management; highly regarded as a technical expert throughout organization.
- Created standard processes to increase product quality; won award for superior knowledge of software development best practices.
- Improved testing efficiency & effectiveness via automation; created testing frameworks used throughout application lifecycle.
Application Development Manager Resume Sample 10
- Generated over $2M in revenue for the organization under my supervision.
- Developed Oracle Financials, Excel & Access financial reporting applications to meet the needs of internal audit department.
- Implemented an automated disaster recovery process utilizing Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
- Designed and developed a relational database application in VB6 using ActiveX Data Objects (ADO).
- Managed six direct reports, handle budgets of $0.5M annual IT projects involving development staff of 9 FTE. At peak times when project work load is high, I handle up to 20 employees simultaneously when necessary.
Application Development Manager Resume Sample 11
- Managed teams of engineers to deliver projects on schedule.
- Led the development of two award-winning applications that significantly increased sales to Fortune 100 companies.
- Facilitated collaboration between 23 countries to develop 12 high-end technology products for Fortune 1000 clients.
- Spearheaded efforts that translated into $6 million in new project income at cost savings of $40,000 per year.
- Reduced expenses associated with outside contractors by 20% while increasing the number of projects completed within budgeted timeframes.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.