An Emergency Dispatcher gets help when a person has a crisis. Their duties include receiving calls, dispatching the correct department (fire, police, medical), staying in radio contact with police, informing EMS staff of the nature of the call, recording information from calls, keeping a daily call log, and searching for any information a policeman needs.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Emergency Dispatcher Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Emergency Dispatcher resumes for your reference.
Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 1
- Answer the first call to emergency response services for a community of over 1 million residents.
- Provided emergency guidance and instruction to citizens during emergency protocols, including fire, power outages, gas leaks, hazardous material emergencies, missing person searches, etc.
- Conducted pre-recorded alarm tests for commercial business owners after hours.
- Aided law enforcement agencies with suspects’ details via computer database access 24/7 .
- Optimized 911 dispatch efficiency by reducing average handle time from 5 minutes 53 seconds to 4 minutes 45 seconds through training and mentoring.
Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 2
- Recognized for meeting all time high of daily average number of calls answered in one shift.
- Contributed to the community with volunteer work; earned recognition from town mayor for outstanding customer service.
- Competed and won first place at annual state-wide office supply drive with donation of over $1,000 worth items.
- Awarded outstanding attendance record after three years without a single absence or tardy.
- Was complimented by customers for being friendly, patient, helpful, reliable, knowledgeable, courteous, respectful, professional, positive attitude and expertise with customers’ needs which reflected excellent customer service standards.
Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 3
- Managed a large-scale emergency response team with responsibility for call intake, radio dispatch, and unit assignment.
- Trained new employees on proper radio protocol and provided guidance to support the agency’s goals.
- Led a successful merger of two agencies by developing a training program that reduced turnover from 31% to 13%.
- Reduced 911 calls from 10,000 annually to less than 100 through development of blanket notification system which notified residents of weather emergencies in advance.
- Improved customer service ratios from 2.9% compliments to 96.5% positive comments after changing policies and procedures for faster call resolution times while minimizing repeat calls.
Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 4
- Provided competent and efficient customer service to callers, visitors, and employees by receiving emergency calls, transferring the information to correct department(s), and ensuring proper action was taken.
- Assisted in securing police activity reports; sent officers on medical aid and fire emergencies.
- Gathered and processed data for daily report of felony incidents.
- Prioritized volume of 911 calls; provided appropriate responses making necessary referrals while maintaining composure during stressful situations.
- Fostered successful police investigation by receiving witness statements via phone line prior to arrival of officer.
Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 5
- Instructed 6-month training course for new dispatchers; evaluated to ensure completion of all requirements.
- Promoted to Training Coordinator to oversee instruction for approximately 30 telecommunicators per month, including orientation and initial certification testing.
- Developed policy and procedures guide book with attorney to ensure legal compliance in multijurisdictional courses.
- Initiated departmental safety program by establishing work standards and conducting annual inspections of equipment used during dispatch operations.
- Trained 40 law enforcement officers from five agencies in effective Interagency Information Sharing Procedures [equivalent to the proposal language – great!]
Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 6
- Accurately dispatch emergency medical, fire, and law enforcement services to the appropriate locations based on information received from callers.
- Reduce stress levels of other dispatchers by offering guidance during critical times through daily team meetings.
- Maintain composure while giving lifesaving instructions during heart-wrenching 911 calls.
- Enforce department policy by minimizing deliberate abuse of radio systems.
- Marked for increasing revenue through effective management of billing quotas.
Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 7
- Trained in all aspects of emergency dispatching, including Crime Report Information (CRI), Accident Report Information (ARI), and Fire Report Information (BFA) systems; Emergency Medical Dispatch System (EMDS); and Law Enforcement Online (LEO).
- Managed quotas for Prepaid Wireless Tax Agreement Transactions within the allotted time.
- Performed as a team leader during Hurricane Gustav; won praise from management and coworkers for exceptional service to public.
- Earned several awards, including “Employee of the Year” and “Customer Service Award.”
- Perform additional duties as required by supervisor within established timeframes.
Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 8
- Trained in all facets of emergency medical dispatch.
- Recognized by the National Emergency Number Association for superior performance at the State and Regional level; includes written commendations and copies of plaque and certificates received.
- Collaborated with law enforcement to reduce response times by deploying police vehicles during high crime areas; resulted in reduced incidence of crimes against property and person.
- Responded to over 2,000 emergency calls within a 3-year period while maintaining an average 98% “up time” on system equipment.
- Promoted from Training Technician I to Supervisor III after increasing ability to provide training for dispatchers from other agencies. Also named Unit Coordinator for special project involving two cities.
Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 9
- Received award for record-breaking performance during hurricane emergency with multiple communication lines down, saving lives and protecting property.
- Expertly handled emergency calls for police, fire, sheriff’s department, ambulance service, volunteer fire department and rescue squad.
- Maintained composure in crisis situations; effectively solved problems during technical malfunctions of communication equipment.
- Achieved certification as an Emergency Medical Dispatcher by the state after completing training program.
- Managed complex clerical assignments with increasing responsibility; performed community outreach services with awareness of safety procedures.
Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 10
- Responded to over 3,000 calls per year; facilitated public safety by maintaining composure while remaining calm under pressure.
- Exceeded standards with 100% accuracy in all telephone and radio communications.
- Effectively handled crisis situations, including the dispatch of fire engines, ambulances, rescue vehicles, police cars, hazardous material trucks and boats on water rescues for flooding rivers.
- Coordinated multiple incidents simultaneously using the most effective routes with minimal response time.
- Received awards for excellence in customer satisfaction scores as measured by customer surveys.
Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 11
- Received appreciation award, first degree black belt in martial arts.
- Operated communications equipment, dispatching responders to emergencies and providing law enforcement agencies with information related to callers.
- Promoted life safety by administering first aid treatment to an injured person on the scene of a crash, coordinating medical care with hospital staff.
- Assessed situations accurately while maintaining composure under extreme pressure during emergencies such as floods, fires, violent crimes, shootings or suicide attempts.
- Monitored activity at police headquarters; communicated with various levels of management regarding security issues; identified potential problems before they became critical.
Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 12
- Effectively handled 9-1-1 and administrative emergencies by answering requests for help, routing callers to the appropriate agencies/resources, and providing information and guidance to callers.
- Utilized excellent phone and computer skills to coordinate information between agency divisions.
- Provided quality customer service as an Emergency Dispatcher; interacted with individuals from diverse backgrounds who required assistance in identifying themselves, their location, and what they need.
- Analysed data such as crime statistics and traffic volume to identify patterns of criminal activity or geographical distribution of accidents.
- Demonstrated critical thinking abilities when weighing possible courses of action against consequences before making decisions or taking actions that could impact public safety and property.
The only current educational requirements for this job are a high school diploma because there are no set standards yet. An Emergency Dispatcher must demonstrate typing ability, a positive attitude, quick thinking, detail-orientation, dependability, tolerance of high stress, flexibility, ability to multi-task, and excellent problem-solving skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Emergency Dispatcher Resume Samples
- Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 1
- Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 2
- Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 3
- Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 4
- Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 5
- Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 6
- Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 7
- Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 8
- Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 9
- Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 10
- Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 11
- Emergency Dispatcher Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up