Testing Engineers assists production management to be sure the final products have been tested thoroughly. Their duties include product testing, supplier evaluations, device reporting, internal audit support, external audit support, recall coordination, non-conformance reporting, and non-conformance investigations.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Testing Engineer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Testing Engineer resumes for your reference.
Testing Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Managed team of 3 testers for test design and implementation for IBM Visio and Microstation clients.
- Improved productivity by 70% after setting automation standards for testing product upgrade features.
- Achieved award from senior engineers for significantly reducing costs by revising testing procedures to avoid manual efforts.
- Recognized as a leading tester for fast-tracking release of Visio upgrade package through QA, UAT, and production environments; completed tasks within one month.
- Tested, documented, and provided training recommendations on new features applicable to company software releases during the past year.
Testing Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Resolved test equipment and system software issues by updating test software or modifying hardware to improve testing accuracy, efficiency, and reliability.
- Proactively reviewed thousands of lines of code and executed hundreds of automated tests to isolate defects in new products or to maintain compatibility with legacy products.
- Improved performance, functionality, and quality of existing systems while reducing costs by integrating new technologies into the existing infrastructure.
- Successfully collaborated with other engineers to reduce the overall cost and time required for final testing.
- Increased productivity by training inexperienced colleagues in new software and test procedures.
Testing Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Conducted an in-depth examination of new, more cost-effective, and durable materials for use in automotive manufacturing pre-determined by the CEO.
- Developed an algorithm to analyze the impacts of proposed new safety legislation on vehicle production efficiency.
- Analyzed the cost implications of implementing a new process for document control and authorization which was adopted company-wide.
- Coordinated with all departments to ensure that best practices were implemented company-wide.
- Achieved a 15% reduction in raw material costs by recommending a move to a more efficient vendor.
Testing Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Studied, designed, and supervised the construction of a range of test equipment to accurately measure the functions of motors, transformers, electric motors, and generators; analyzed electrical systems, and research related problems.
- Designed test series on adjustable frequency drives to determine efficiency and accuracy.
- Created a series of tests for power amplifiers.
- Instrumented the transformers with current measuring devices.
- Selected measurement points on large power transformers during excitation testing with high voltages.
Testing Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Successfully performed various electrical, instrumentation, and controls testing to meet corporate quality control standards.
- Achieved certification in Electrical Engineering with a grade of A.
- Won high praise for identifying and correcting manufacturing errors on the production line during Quality Control Inspection of a major assembly line.
- Developed procedures for researching and solving problems on the production line during Quality Control Inspection of a major assembly line.
- Fostered personal relationships with foremen, supervisors, and project managers in order to coordinate their efforts towards the achievement of quality levels.
Testing Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Coordinated activities relating to the development and implementation of tests for a new product line.
- Developed test methods, procedures, and scripts for a new software development project in C++.
- Aided in the development of test automation software for regression testing; completed automated testing of multiple projects.
- Conducted cross-platform benchmarking and performance testing to ensure compatibility with CPU and operating systems.
- Completed details of migration from an older database server testing environment to a newer one; identified potential issues before implementation of a soft launch.
Testing Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Design and engineer testing solutions for product safety, reliability, or manufacturability to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Conducted tests and co-developed procedures to meet customer expectations while running every aspect of the process locally.
- Facilitated successful FDA 510k clearance from 510(k) to marketing approval.
- Expanded scope of testing coverage for the National Wet Weather Program by developing new testing methods for automobile electronics.
- Developed a comprehensive solution to map the microstructure of automotive components for better quality control and material selection.
Testing Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Transferred programs from the test bench to production system in less than 2 hours.
- Developed computer applications in Microsoft Access, Excel, and Word.
- Created training manuals, technical documentation, and research papers in both MS-Outlook and MS-Access.
- Forecast software development needs to be based on customer needs. Accurately developed detailed requirements documentation for software development projects.
- Realized that a field job was more rewarding than an office job; displayed applicable skills gained through hands-on experience.
Testing Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Demonstrated and contributed to the development of new products in software design, computer-aided design, reliability analysis, and system analysis.
- Controlled and estimate the workload of over 300 engineers and technicians.
- Developed new projects, meetings plans, schedules, policies; organized operations into a smooth operating machine while maintaining complete customer satisfaction with fast turnaround times on all line items.
- Executed projects to plan or schedule performance to meet deadlines; communicated customer needs and goals to management through meeting agendas for improved business efficiency.
- Gave a technical presentation to upper level management as an expert in software engineering by evaluating customer requirements prior to issuing a product release.
Testing Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Design and develop automated equipment for constant and repetitive testing across the full spectrum of manufacturing industries including, but not limited to, pharmaceuticals, paper products, furniture, food, chemicals.
- Developed a test plan for laboratory equipment designed to maximize productivity while minimizing the impact on sensitive environmental parameters.
- Discovered that the outer shell of a machine bearing could be compromised by improperly cleaned lubricant from a bearing manufacturer.
- Developed an ergonomic testing procedure that reduced repetitive strain injuries among employees.
- Discovered process improvement projects to increase production rate by 30%.
Testing Engineer Resume Sample 11
- Supervised and managed the testing of mechanical devices such as communications equipment, submersibles, and aerospace components.
- Prepared testing specifications for new projects with the use of statistical methods, including the design of experiments.
- Scheduled manpower for new contract services that included physical and chemical testing.
- Determined quality assurance requirements for new testing services under solicitation by outside clients; generated work orders to meet clients’ needs.
- Audited test data to ensure compliance with government standards; performed unit readiness tests on early warning systems for military aircraft and weapons systems.
Testing Engineer Resume Sample 12
- Conducted professional calibration of laboratory instrumentation.
- Performed maintenance and repair of electro-mechanical equipment in industrial, commercial, and medical laboratories.
- Organized, coordinated, and led testing crews in a fast-paced environment.
- Designed and maintained instrumentation during installation, calibration, and commissioning to meet operating requirements.
- Successfully completed Project Management coursework to manage a multi-million dollar project.
Testing Engineer Resume Sample 13
- Designed, built, and maintained low-voltage circuits to ensure effective manufacturing of electronic components.
- Responsible for maintaining proper electrical systems at an offshore oil rig while under a hazardous environment.
- Successfully completed project from start to finish within budget and on time; actively worked with attorneys, accountants, engineers, designers, and project managers to complete complicated projects.
- Performed circuit analysis upon request of other engineers so as to enhance their knowledge of electrical theory.
- Trained in electrical engineering principles and techniques to prepare for licensing tests required by the state of Florida for a technician’s license.
To work as a testing engineer you need to complete a bachelor’s degree in computer science, or a related degree to your field, while some jobs require a master’s degree. Testing engineers must understand basic architecture, scripting, CSS selectors, XPath Selectors, have good problem-solving skills, the modern methodology, and understand the code.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Testing Engineer Resume Samples
- Testing Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Testing Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Testing Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Testing Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Testing Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Testing Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Testing Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Testing Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Testing Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Testing Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Testing Engineer Resume Sample 11
- Testing Engineer Resume Sample 12
- Testing Engineer Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up