Dental Nurses assist dentists and look after patients. Their work includes making patients feel welcomed and at ease, building relationships with patients and staff, determining patients’ conditions and needs, communicating patient observations to the dentist, carrying out basic procedures, performing emergency care, and maintaining sanitation of work space and equipment.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Dental Nurse Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Dental Nurse resumes for your reference.
Dental Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Promoted oral health and physical awareness while educating patients on the benefits of good dental hygiene; provided a foundation for life-long positive habit development.
- Preserved quality dental care by planning and organizing treatment schedules; scheduled appointments and coordinated patient flow.
- Aided in providing quality dental service by carefully recording dental procedures, treatments, and charges.
- Maintained Dental Office equipment in proper performance condition by following established guidelines and procedures for preventive maintenance.
- Met production goals by anticipating problems, resolving conflicts, and anticipating needs through effective communication with co-workers, dentists, and patients.
Dental Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Assisted in all aspects of patient care, including rooming, holding, and cleaning.
- Produced record revenue in Steri-Clean production by increasing productivity 10%.
- Completed dental assistant course while maintaining 100% attendance rate at academic and clinical class sessions.
- Met project deadlines by working nights after regular work hours.
- Established positive rapport with patients and coworkers; received award for “Best Smile”.
Dental Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Administered daily, preventive and diagnostic care; recognized with award of “Best Dental Technician” by patients.
- Achieved highly competitive advancement opportunity by maintaining record of professional contributions; nominated for several merit awards including “Excellence in Records Management” award by senior management team.
- Compiled dental records and maintained dental equipment inventory. Recognized with award of “Accomplishment in Production” by the Department Manager for outstanding contributions during annual physical inventory.
- Facilitated three departmental improvement objectives to ensure financial and operational stability for the department.
- Displayed an outstanding degree of professionalism, diligence, and demonstrated training; recognized as “Most Valuable Employee.
Dental Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Performed dental research in collaboration with a team of physicians and dentists; established a new advanced dental diagnostic imaging unit.
- Participated in the physical examination and health assessment of more than 10,000 patients annually.
- Identified, diagnosed and treated over 300 unique medical conditions; referred countless patients to other staff members for advanced treatment.
- Created, implemented and promoted new techniques to increase safety when helping elderly patients with gait.
- Received outstanding quality award at annual independent peer review by Esthetician’s Organization of North America (EOANA) Executive Committee Member.
Dental Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Comforted and calmed a distraught elder during a dental procedure.
- Escorted elderly to the bathroom, held their hand, and comforted them during their own private moment.
- Demonstrated self-confidence in the face of personal failure and uncertainty as she helped her patients overcome their fears.
- Hobbled around on crutches while protecting, lifting, and replacing elderly with wide-legged gait; faced all challenges with poise and determination.
- Loved her job of helping young girls heal through dental restoration, restoring confidence in seeking their own futures.
Dental Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Obtained licensure as a dental assistant after passing the state board examination.
- Aided dentist in the preparation, seating, and delivery of advanced restorative techniques such as Inman Aligners and implant procedures.
- Delivered compassionate patient care under stressful situations.
- Answered multiple telephone calls and relayed messages to the dentist with clarity and candor.
- Worked in a cooperative manner with co-workers to deliver exceptional patient care that promoted positive attitude toward health care services, contributed to improved job performance for all team members, and stimulated growth of employees’ interest in nursing career path.
Dental Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Recruited, trained, and supervised an efficient dental nursing staff composed of five full-time licensed and five part-time registered staff members.
- Supervised thousands of dental patients from the time they walked through the door until they left with a smile on their faces.
- Cared for nearly four thousand patients in the emergency room during a period of fifteen months; located and extracted over 200 teeth in emergency rooms and intensive care units.
- Trained over one hundred children to become proficient at dental hygiene procedures including patient education, scheduled visits, screening exams, preventative care instructions, fluoride treatments, as well as tooth brushing and flossing instruction.
- Developed a referral contact system with the American Dental Association’s National Dental Referral Service.
Dental Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Recognized by the office manager for exceptional bedside and chair-side manner; supported team effort to provide patient comfort and satisfaction.
- Ranked number three in sales among all associates; defeated top competitor by 50% percent.
- Selected as a model patient for the Dental Study Club to observe an implant procedure during a surgical study day.
- Volunteered to work Saturday mornings during the busiest time of year without charge or credit in order to allow other employees an opportunity to vacation.
- Successfully passed all written and practical tests regarding dental equipment maintenance, sterilization, and disinfection procedures.
Dental Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Recognized by local media for outstanding medical care in the performance of dental procedures.
- Relieved pain for patients who were apprehensive about visiting the dentist as a result of previous painful experiences.
- Prepared patients for X-rays, and administered anesthetic when necessary.
- Delivered oral hygiene and plaque removal procedures to all ages of patient populations, ranging from toddler to adult.
- Trained fellow nursing staff in proper procedures relating to infection control, patient privacy, and cleanliness.
Dental Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Adhered to all restrictions, treatments, and procedures in order to provide the best care and optimal treatment to patients while maintaining a clean, safe, and healthful working environment.
- Adhered to all guidelines of dental hygienist practice as dictated by hygienist’s license and managed professional reputation.
- Maintained a strong relationship with dentist’s office physician through all stages of patient diagnosis, treatment planning, management; integrated into all phases of patient recovery.
- Fostered an atmosphere of trust and confidence through open communication, effective supervision, keeping records; consistently met or exceeded financial goals for dental care.
- Recognized by physicians and dental hygienists for positive patient relationships.
Dental Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Monitored patient specific, and overall health status; processed X rays and laboratory tests.
- Monitored intraoral conditions and reported problems to dentist.
- Maintained dental office equipment for proper function and sanitation, including during drills on the local police force.
- Maintained patient records, including a general ledger.
- An effective communicator with a personality that received immediate attention from patients who came to her with complications. Received outstanding quality award; adopted high standards of behavioral skills, professionalism, integrity and concern in all areas of practice.
Dental Nurse Resume Sample 12
- Provided direct patient care to patients who were experiencing acute to chronic dental pain.
- Responded to emergency room calls during the night shift, ensuring appropriate and timely treatment of patients by obtaining accurate patient information and recording vital signs.
- Effectively used new technology in the dental operatory, performing a root canal procedure in under 3 hours with excellent results.
- Generated trust and confidence among patients by providing soothing touch through use of sterile gloves, gloved instruments, topical anesthetic agents, and appropriate sterilization techniques.
- Provided post-operative instructions for aftercare and management of oral issues .
To work as a Dental Nurse, you must have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and may need a Registered Nurse (NR) license. You must demonstrate teamwork, organization, communication skills, problem-solving skills, knowledge of nursing procedures, safety guidelines, the ability to maintain composure, multitask, and work in a fast-paced environment.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.