Apprentice Electricians assist with installation and maintenance of electrical systems under the supervision of a senior or licensed electrician. Their duties include installation of wiring in construction sites, troubleshooting and fixing electrical failures, assisting senior electricians on complicated installs, routine maintenance on electrical systems, and learning from senior staff in hopes of becoming an independent electrician. To work as a Apprentice Electrician you generally obtain an Associate Degree or Trade School Certificate in a technical subject, knowledge of wiring and electrical safety, and hold a state apprenticeship license. Apprentice Electricians must demonstrate strong technical knowledge of electrical systems, be high energy and self driven, goal oriented, willingness to learn, able to work in tight spaces, work flexible hours, and be detail oriented.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Apprentice Electrician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Apprentice Electrician resumes for your reference.
Apprentice Electrician Resume Sample 1
- Provided safety oversight for 4 round-the-clock construction projects.
- Secured a position with an electrical contracting firm as an Apprentice Electrician after completing a competitive one-week interview process, which included six site visits and two working interviews at the company’s office.
- Managed extension cord usage to prevent overheating while completing tasks such as moving light fixtures from customer storage locations to job sites.
- Used state of the art equipment on skyscraper jobsites including scissor lift tables, generators, and aerial lifts.
- Performed general electrical services including start up/shut down of new circuits or equipment, troubleshooting of problems, removal of old fixtures/equipment, and installation of new equipment or fixtures.
Apprentice Electrician Resume Sample 2
- Reviewed blueprints to determine wiring requirements, metering diagrams, and installation plans for new commercial building electrical circuits.
- Assisted lead electricians with the construction of a large hotel facility by running conduit, building junction boxes, and terminating wires.
- Installed a ceiling mounted projector in conference room B for a temporary period while permanent projector was being installed. Managed by customer relations department so no project specification or drawing was provided.
- Ensured correct operation of equipment after completing repairs by checking connections against electrical diagrams and testing all circuitry prior to resuming use of machine or device.
- Implemented safety practices according to OSHA regulations when installing power outlets by attaching GFCI outlets, labeling circuits, and grounding wires.
Apprentice Electrician Resume Sample 3
- Trained 10 new apprentices in various methods of installation and testing, ensuring adherence to safety procedures and maintaining quality craftsmanship.
- Performed weekly inspections of job sites to ensure compliance with company standards, such as proper labeling and locking of all equipment for safe worker access.
- Supervised daily work tasks by assigning duties, providing feedback on both progress and efficiency, and resolving issues with help from senior members.
- Promoted to journeyman status based on positive reviews from peers and supervisors regarding professional conduct and exceptional technical ability.
- Improved profession through continued education; passed four certification exams allowing me to perform full-scale electrical installations in residential homes.
Apprentice Electrician Resume Sample 4
- Handled a minimum of 15 daily tasks by working as part of a six-man team.
- Selected as the best Apprentice Electrician for two consecutive years after earning awards from trade school and industry professionals.
- Participated in workplace safety training wherein I actively handled electrical hazards without injury to myself, coworkers, or customers.
- Addressed customer issues and concerns regarding electrical malfunctions and faulty wiring to gain respect and trust among employees and personnel.
- Resolved problems by investigating issues thoroughly then devising cost-effective solutions that improved efficiency levels for equipment & machinery use.
Apprentice Electrician Resume Sample 5
- Educated customers on electrical safety, installation, and repair.
- Used quality customer service when dealing with customers to ensure their satisfaction.
- Gained experience in all aspects of the trade including residential wiring, ceiling fan installation, electricity supply routing, grounding techniques, fixture wiring and repair.
- Adhered to current local code requirements for single family residences.
- Assembled electric fixtures like chandeliers and sconces; installed landscape lighting systems along driveways or walking trails.
Apprentice Electrician Resume Sample 6
- Trained to the industry standard level for performing, planning, and overseeing tasks related to maintenance, troubleshooting, inspection, repair, construction of electrical systems.
- Performed procedures including three-phase AC/DC wiring layouts according to wiring diagrams; installed conduit and preparatory materials to form partitions.
- Mentored fellow employees on proper welding practices to reduce waste and promote quality workmanship.
- Provided leadership through development of task specific training guides that were adopted by fellow workers as procedure manuals.
- Pushed personal boundaries by completing daily inspections at my own initiative – resulting in a 33% increase in efficiency over original benchmarks.
Apprentice Electrician Resume Sample 7
- Trained and supervised four fully-licensed electricians during installation of high voltage cable and power lines.
- Successfully completed all tasks on time or early, continually generating cost savings with company through self-initiative and skillful negotiation.
- Consistently utilized the most efficient tools and workflow for projects as determined by experience and analysis to reduce labor costs by 16%.
- Created a new standard of quality assurance by implementing a unitary system assuring proper assembly, fit, function, and accessibility for control panels.
- Mentored apprentices in advanced technical skills such as wiring harness design and fabrication which increased their speed with an average output of 60% faster than other workers on the same assignment.
Apprentice Electrician Resume Sample 8
- Received certification as an Apprentice Electrician.
- Assembled and installed electrical wiring, components, and equipment in the homes of customers.
- Coordinated with clients on specifications and completed work orders to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Inspected and tested completed work for quality and safety using test meters and other related equipment.
- Performed tasks such as reading blueprints, diagrams, floor plans, sketches, etc., selecting proper materials to use for each project.
Apprentice Electrician Resume Sample 9
- Installed street light with underground wiring, including conduit and pull boxes.
- Extensive use of hand tools, power tool skills, soldering guns, cut off saws, reciprocating saws, drills.
- Significant knowledge of local building codes including the latest edition of NFPA 70.
- Able to read blue prints in order to determine work scope and identify materials required for job completion.
- Enjoy working both indoors and outdoors under varied weather conditions; familiar with the operation of most types of construction equipment used by electricians on a job site.
Apprentice Electrician Resume Sample 10
- Worked 80 hours per week for three months under the guidance of a journeyman electrician to learn, demonstrate and improve skills associated with electrical theory.
- Installed residential wiring in an existing home incorporating new electrical services from panels.
- Successfully resolved three separate issues within a commercial building including disabling faulty breakers, repairing an HVAC unit, and debugging a refrigeration system.
- Diagnosed equipment issues promptly after being assigned as team lead on multiple client-requested warranty repairs–totaling more than $350k in damages.
- Handled soldering irons, drills and power tools repeatedly; able to lift up to 50 lbs throughout entire working day.
Apprentice Electrician Resume Sample 11
- Completed all tasks and assignments with 100% accuracy.
- Developed strong customer relationships with coworkers and customers by maintaining a positive attitude, developing rapport, and responding to requests quickly and efficiently (recognized as Employee of the Month for this).
- Participated in apprentice classes to learn new skills such as reading blueprints, electrical theory knowledge, hand tool usage, wiring techniques, grounding procedures, testing procedures, etc.
- Followed company health & safety practices including wearing protective gloves/goggles/clothing when necessary and using equipment according to manufacturer guidelines. Please refer to attached training doc for more information.
- Always willing to take on additional tasks and be a team player (e.g., helped make deliveries, set up for events, etc.) as the situation required.
Apprentice Electrician Resume Sample 12
- Installed main drop service entrance, sub-panel distribution wiring, lighting fixtures, ceiling fans, convenience outlets.
- Participated in the relaying of underground services during installation of new water lines to meet codes.
- Maintained cleanliness of work area by sweeping debris and disposing rubbish.
- Assisted Foreman with testing electrical system for proper voltage levels before returning power to customers.
- Identified areas that need maintenance or repairs by performing pre-job site inspections, completing all work within time constraints.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.