A media director is someone who works closely with media and marketing agencies to improve the image and recognition of a company’s product or service. Some duties performed by a media director include organizing and attending meetings, reviewing marketing data, creating and implementing media programs, communicating directly with clients, researching the competition, and overseeing advertising campaigns.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Media Director Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Media Director resumes for your reference.
Media Director Resume Sample 1
- Achieved outstanding results in media campaigns by effectively using print and electronic media to promote products and services; won my company’s “Media Director of the Year” award.
- Recognized as an expert in design and production of advertisements; earned empathy from employees by teaching them how to design advertisements for my company’s clients.
- Played a critical role in developing new strategies to increase revenues for clients; won my company’s “Media Director of the Year” award for outstanding performance that increased my company’s revenue by 20%.
- Collaborated with team members to create unique designs for advertisements; earned empathy from fellow employees by teaching them how to professionally design advertisements for my company’s clients.
- Reduced costs of developing advertisements by finding cheaper sources for production and printing; earned trust from my company’s management by finding cost savings without sacrificing quality.
Media Director Resume Sample 2
- Crafted media plans, created media kits, designed advertisements, and created high impact marketing materials.
- Coordinated with the organization’s creative director to develop creative concepts for television commercials and websites.
- Created a monthly newsletter for clients; acquired recognition from clients as a “Best Media Buyer”.
- Implemented a new creative strategy by suggesting new business opportunities for organizations who were experiencing a decline in revenues.
- Reduced expenses through use of market research tools to locate cost-efficient advertising strategies.
Media Director Resume Sample 3
- Utilized social media effectively to expand public knowledge about the company’s products; listed as “All Star” by the marketing team for effective use of social media.
- Developed campaigns that increased the company’s revenues; named “Media Director of the Year” by senior executives.
- Accomplished tasks that were above and beyond expectations; recognized by senior managers for outstanding job performance in creating an ad campaign for a new product launch.
- Managed company employees effectively; received award for outstanding performance in developing team building exercises within the office.
- Developed a corporate social responsibility program that promoted a positive image of the company.
Media Director Resume Sample 4
- Conceived new advertising campaign for a wireless service provider; was recognized as the “Media Director of the Year” for creative work.
- Proposed a new marketing campaign for a national car manufacturer; was selected as the company’s “Marketing Director of the Year” for effective results.
- Won an international advertising award from Cannes, France; was selected as the company’s “Media Director of the Year” by members of The Advertising Club of Atlanta.
- Promoted one marketer to Regional Media Director based on business development and profitability.
- Received outstanding achievement award for developing a new ad campaign for a national car manufacturer; developed special promotions to market products and services.
Media Director Resume Sample 5
- Increased advertising revenues; persuaded the CEO to allocate more money to media buying.
- Created a media plan that kept the company’s name in front of potential customers; received award as “Media Director of the Year” for successful execution of media strategies.
- Produced a PR campaign that generated favorable results for a new product launch; earned applause from colleagues and praise from managers for effective performance.
- Maintained excellent relations with all industry stakeholders, including customers, vendors, and employees by attending social functions and keeping an open door policy.
- Created innovative advertising campaigns; earned recognition as the “Creative Director of the Year” for out-of-the-box thinking.
Media Director Resume Sample 6
- Designed and implemented weekly marketing strategies for the student newspaper; oversaw ad layout and called on many individuals to provide graphic design elements.
- Created and executed a “Welcome Back” campaign for the student newspaper that resulted in numerous group and class-wide responses; received recognition from the Parent Teacher Student Association.
- Promoted the brand of the student newspaper through various marketing campaigns; earned praise from the faculty advisor.
- Understood importance of brand image in students’ lives, which resulted in increased advertising revenue for the publication.
- Created a team that promoted student newspaper marketing strategies; made a presentation to the faculty about how to increase ad revenue.
Media Director Resume Sample 7
- Increased the effectiveness of two targeted media programs; accomplished several milestones to increase customer satisfaction.
- Received award for excellence in strategic planning; established strategic plans for department that represented an important aspect of the company’s future direction.
- Earned respect as a member of the team; effectively identified and resolved issues that impacted customer satisfaction.
- Promptly responded to questions and concerns about advertising campaigns; increased online presence with Google AdWords campaign by 50% within six months.
- Collaborated with other departments to complete projects related to revenue generation; provided innovative solutions for clients based on industry trends.
Media Director Resume Sample 8
- Designed media strategies; created advertisement campaigns; earned appreciation for outstanding performance by the CEO.
- Created unique promotion strategies; earned applause from award winning clients.
- Ensured that all advertisements were approved and reviewed by the CEO prior to publication or broadcast; earned respect of board members and senior management.
- Introduced new products and services; gained support of the board; recognized as a team player with rare leadership qualities.
- Provided effective internal communication for a multi-divisional corporation; earned praise from the CFO.
Media Director Resume Sample 9
- Created promotional materials for new products, services, and company’s advertising campaign; received recognition from the Advertising Executive of the Year.
- Enhanced company reputation through media relations, featured articles in regional newspapers, and participation in seminars on advertising industry issues.
- Created effective plans for improving public image by developing better communication methods using media representatives; earned recognition from the Senior Media Manager for superior performance.
- Generated solid results through comprehensive media management strategies which resulted in increased revenue for clients.
- Managed more than 60 employees with ease; received appreciation from working with people on a daily basis while adhering to company policies.
Media Director Resume Sample 10
- Won awards for business-to-business SEO application; recommended SEO company’s services for company’s digital marketing campaign.
- Organized and managed holiday parties; learned to manage time efficiently with minimal supervision, resulting in higher quality of work.
- Awarded recognition for outstanding social media management; identified trends in company’s Twitter feed that indicated that one of the company’s products was trending, then sent tweets incorporating the product name when it became popular.
- Maintained quality of work by flawlessly managing social media accounts; earned appreciation from employees who received positive feedback from customers.
- Awarded recognition for outstanding improvement in social media management; gained recognition as a “Digital Marketing Rock Star” with the company’s executive leadership team, and earned an invitation to an informational training program for social media management that taught digital marketing techniques.
Educational experience to become a media director can include a bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing, media, business or relative field. A media director must have many skills including creativity, strong knowledge of marketing trends, knowledge of different forms of media, communication skills, computer skills, strong team working skills, leadership skills, and analytical skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.