Parts clerks perform clerical duties in stockrooms, warehouses, and storage facilities to ensure smooth operation of manufacturing organizations. Duties include maintaining inventory records, receiving daily shipments to the facility, recording materials transferred to production, resolving any parts issues and customer inquiries, monitoring parts requests from all branch locations, managing repairs and orders for new parts, ensuring efficient facility maintenance, and training and advising new employees.
This job requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Successful parts clerks are able to lift heavy objects and possess strong math and computer skills, mentoring and customer service experience, excellent communication and attention to detail, experience with inventory computer systems, an understanding of technical manuals, a knowledge of various equipment and repairs, and a knowledge of relevant public safety and security policies.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Parts Clerk Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Parts Clerk resumes for your reference.
Parts Clerk Resume Sample 1
- Responsible for processing incoming parts orders and shipping notification, controlling inventory levels by monitoring supply turnover.
- Received a company-wide quality award for preventing two recalls resulting from inspections of faulty product prior to shipment.
- Distinguished as a top performer after leading all other Parts Clerks three consecutive years in accuracy rate, total hours saved due to overtime, and productivity.
- Promoted to Supervisor over multiple departments responsible for airline reservations, data entry/database management systems, travel arrangement coordination, salary payment plan determination, office supplies procurement process development.
- Pioneered development of new system application to automate daily operations including supplier input verification and purchase order generation which resulted in savings up to $100,000 annually.
Parts Clerk Resume Sample 2
- Skilled at accurately and efficiently inputting parts information into the store’s computer system during high-volume times (i.e., oil changes and vehicle inspections).
- Assisted customers with their automotive needs by locating and pulling requested parts; noting deadline dates on all invoices.
- Educated co-workers about the proper handling of parts as per manufacturer specifications; provided an improved method to track recalled inventory (car batteries).
- Ranked as a top 10% performer based on achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals; neck-and-neck with other employees for highest sales each month.
- Streamlined processes by receiving special training from corporate officials in order to reduce warranty order processing time by 10%.
Parts Clerk Resume Sample 3
- Maintained a 99.7% accuracy rate in the parts department, which is above company standards.
- Oversaw and managed the daily parts inventory; identified items that needed to be restocked or replenished throughout the day.
- Developed many new systems, such as an electronic parts request system, that increased part availability by 3%.
- Pioneered two cost-saving policies (recycling and reusing packaging material) through successful staff education programs; reduced store waste by 54%.
- Motivated staff to increase sales by 25%, generating $360,000 revenue for the month of December 2015; recognized as Employee of Month and awarded bonus.
Parts Clerk Resume Sample 4
- Maintained a professional demeanor at all times when answering calls and speaking with customers.
- Exceeded production standards by processing customer order requests twice as fast as the rest of department.
- Tracked down hard-to-find parts for over 30 types of industrial equipment in less than 24 hours to ensure prompt delivery to customer.
- Organized, built, and updated office filing system. Managed master file of inventory numbers for 100+ parts plus corporate files, including lists of customers and suppliers.
- Presented company with an award from a local business association for serving the community’s needs in a prompt and efficient manner in excess of industry standards.
Parts Clerk Resume Sample 5
- Trained by multiple supervisors in the parts department to acquire a broad range of knowledge about all types of equipment, products, and services.
- Exceeded quota for quantity and quality of orders with little supervision; recognized by superiors for ability to manage complex problems.
- Improved efficiency 300% after identifying and installing process changes that reduced cycle time and number of orders returned from customers.
- Introduced new inventory system that created immediate results in increased sales and improved customer service without increasing staff or inventory investment.
- Increased revenue $150,000 within one year through study of profitability, pricing strategy, positioning reports, competitive analysis.
Parts Clerk Resume Sample 6
- Organized daily delivery of parts inventory according to client request, company order, and part value.
- Provided 100% accuracy in all data entry and retrieval processes for customers of multiple companies or divisions that may be located anywhere around the world.
- Confirmed orders through email with clients’ customer service representatives to ensure satisfaction of customers’ requests and accurate billing.
- Tracked down discontinued items and found new supplier for inventory; initiated production run following approval from materials manager.
- Achieved 100% on monthly inventory accuracy test by maintaining 99% percent of properly completed transactions according to established procedures within the first week of every month; recognized as a consistent high performer by management team.
Parts Clerk Resume Sample 7
- Assigned to work on incoming orders; provided customers with accurate order status and order tracking information.
- Managed stocks of parts according to layout specifications, including updating new inventory levels daily.
- Promoted to Supervisor for accuracy in job execution (zero errors) and outstanding customer service (timely responses).
- Provided supportive guidance for co-workers by identifying training needs related to new products or procedures.
- Recognized as Employee of the Month, earned employee award for overcoming obstacles while receiving positive feedback from managers on commitment to teamwork and dedication toward increased productivity.
Parts Clerk Resume Sample 8
- Awarded employee of the year for excellent customer service and work attendance.
- Exceeded sales goals by $10,000 in first month as a parts clerk and remained consistently at or above goals for remainder of the year.
- Led customers to correct section and assisted them in locating replacement parts; received positive feedback from customers regarding efficiency and effectiveness of department because of increase sales volume.
- Organized, maintained, and updated computer inventory system as part of an ongoing effort to streamline department operations which saved our company over $4,200 annually.
- Recognized as an expert on all part policies; created new spreadsheets and policies used throughout all stores in Northern California.
Parts Clerk Resume Sample 9
- Redesigned and consolidated receiving process for more than 40 warehouses in order to optimize stock availability and minimize in-transit damage.
- Trained new employees on departmental protocol; reduced overtime hours by 80% within six months of employment.
- Provided clerical support expertise with customizing forms, providing guidance to customers, and creating procedures for distribution center recordkeeping.
- Implemented a flexible staffing plan that reduced the need for additional staff during peak volume periods without sacrificing service or compromising customer satisfaction.
- Pioneered an innovative approach integrating technical knowledge of company hardware with the practical application of human resource management practices throughout various departments.
Parts Clerk Resume Sample 10
- Restocked and monitored parts inventory.
- Reorganized sales-floor layout to decrease travel time, increase visibility, and provide for customer convenience.
- Provided support as a temporary relief at service counter; responded to questions regarding warranty registration and assisted customers with magazine subscriptions.
- Recognized as an expert in the learning center’s computer system by instructors and students; recognized as one of two staff members who could solve technical issues within the department.
- Authored monthly newsletter and posted it on all social media platforms for instant (and free) mass distribution.
Parts Clerk Resume Sample 11
- Performed duties as parts clerk, customer service representative, and cashier for a car dealership.
- In charge of all parts transactions including billing and keeping records of dealer inventory through computer software.
- Assisted customers with product information and technical assistance; sold vehicle accessories before and after sale to increase revenue and promote company branding.
- Introduced monitor warranty program that reduced average cost per repair by $11.50 resulting in an annual savings of $328,000.
- Met quota for customer satisfaction every month; recognized as top performer four consecutive quarters earning the honor of “Employee of the Month.”
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.