Online Teachers serve as educators for students in a virtual setting. Their duties include teaching subjects that follow the course study, creating lesson plans, engaging with students, making sure course materials meet education standards, issuing discipline as necessary, maintaining consistent communication with staff and students, recording student attendance and maintaining confidentiality.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Online Teacher Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Online Teacher resumes for your reference.
Online Teacher Resume Sample 1
- Earned recognition as one of the top grading assistants for my ability to expedite the grading process by training colleagues in the use of automation software.
- Developed an innovative method of assessing students’ understanding of course-related assignments; students indicated that this method was effective in improving their mastery of course materials.
- Utilized online content to enrich the learning experience; introduced students to the interactive dictionaries, encyclopedia, and map programs that were available through computer network connections.
- Created classroom environments conducive to active learning; included developmentally appropriate activities (such as discussions, word games, and brain teasers) in all classes taught.
- Supported all efforts focused on establishing, maintaining, and enhancing a positive school culture; provided leadership as a member of the Student-Parent-Teacher Association.
Online Teacher Resume Sample 2
- Handled a student load of 50 per semester as an adjunct professor, teaching English as a Second Language.
- Trained for and obtained state certification as an ESL instructor.
- Gained admission to a master’s degree program in Teaching English as a Second Language.
- Earned excellent marks on the exhaustive exam for state certification in TESOL (Teaching English as a Second Language).
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively communicate with parents and students regarding progress, concerns, and goals through letters and telephone conversations.
Online Teacher Resume Sample 3
- Incorporating innovative activities to facilitate students’ thinking skills, increased enrollment by 20 percent of students from underprivileged families.
- Recognized as a master of conducting online classes; earned scholarship for excellence in teaching from the College President.
- Achieved award for exceeding 50% standard of improvement in student test scores.
- Received Best Teacher Award and Presidential Scholarship; evolved into an online teacher and facilitated over 15,500 students through my courses at the local college.
- Taught students with special needs related to autism, dyslexia, and other disorders effectively using the electronic classroom setting as a learning tool covered by medical insurance policies.
Online Teacher Resume Sample 4
- Achieved award for excellence in educating students; successfully designed and implemented a virtual classroom environment for students utilizing Moodle, a web-based learning management system.
- Experienced high volume of student enrollment; required to teach new courses and maintain course material; successfully completed course requirements.
- Coordinated lessons and activities with classmates; effectively managed grade distribution of students.
- Understood the needs of students and met their expectations through the timely communication of information regarding the educational path, performance, and grading guidelines.
- Received award of excellence; effectively designed and implemented a virtual classroom environment for students utilizing Moodle, a web-based learning management system.
Online Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Received recognition for outstanding customer satisfaction rating; adhered to program guidelines and job expectations.
- Learned that project management can be an effective tool to manage time and tasks by implementing a simple task management system that allowed the development of goals for each client, developed organizational charts, developed timelines to meet goals, developed progress reports for clients, prepared deadlines for future lessons or classes.
- Effectively utilized an online teaching/tutoring system to design lessons based on the needs of the students; hosted sessions using real-time technology using technology such as log-in screens.
- Created student profiles that include objectives, key interests, and expertise areas.
- Integrated emerging technologies into the online teaching/tutoring environment by creating a calendar that displayed the client’s due dates for lessons.
Online Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Participated in a peer-evaluated, meaningful improvement process with a significant stakeholder.
- Developed lesson plans for a large network of school districts and prepared lesson plans for online teaching.
- Recognized by the Executive Director of Education as a highly effective teacher for completing all coursework within the required time frame.
- Maintained an impeccable classroom presence and created a safe environment for students to learn.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively ensured student learning by managing student records while adhering to policy guidelines regarding data, confidentiality, and parent consent forms.
Online Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Made extensive use of blog postings to promote the education program.
- Conducted online lesson development for over 700 students throughout California.
- Maintained effective communication with teachers, parents, trustees, directors, administrators, and Board members to help them effectively run the program.
- Created an online tutorial database to provide students with quick access to resources.
- Received positive feedback from students, parents, trustees, directors, administrators, and Board members.
Online Teacher Resume Sample 8
- Owned an outstanding grade point average for the semester; gave individual feedback to students on assignments, listened to students’ concerns, and transformed learning into action.
- Adhered to the school’s code of conduct; demonstrated constant improvement in attitude and positive work ethic.
- Achieved award for meeting academic requirements; spent considerable time making lesson plans and providing students with individual instruction.
- Received award for outstanding support; provided the support necessary for professors to teach classes; ironed clothing cleaned classrooms, and cared for other faculty members’ needs.
- Received award for teaching; served as a mentor by giving guidance and offering assistance in overcoming academic obstacles.
Online Teacher Resume Sample 9
- Helped students with their homework assignments, using a variety of media devices to explain concepts and motivate students.
- Effectively managed student absences for the school year by connecting parents with the proper therapist.
- Communicated effectively with parents and teachers regarding schedule changes, assigning responsibilities to aid student success, and assigning tasks that were appropriate to each individual’s learning style.
- Functioned as a one-on-one assistant to the principal in guiding planning for the school year.
Online Teacher Resume Sample 10
- Won an award for developing, implementing, and maintaining a high school curriculum online. Participation in the curriculum led to increased enrollment and won critical acclaim from college admissions offices.
- Received recognition as a teacher of the year for innovative use of technology in the classroom; used interactive whiteboard software, student response systems, and webinars to enhance education.
- Conducted lectures that incorporated Internet applications; created distance learning programs that attracted students from across the country.
- Received recognition as an outstanding teacher; increased enrollment by 50% within the first seven months of teaching through distance learning courses via the Internet; forged partnerships with local colleges and universities across the country to facilitate participation in online courses.
- Received recognition as a rising star in distance learning; increased number of students enrolled by 80% year over year through development and implementation of innovative curriculum.
Online Teacher Resume Sample 11
- Demonstrated passion for online education by developing lesson plans, designing course materials, and setting up the entire online learning environment.
- Created engaging presentations for university lecture courses to make information clear and concise.
- Transformed academic programs into innovative, interactive learning communities that promote lifelong learning.
- Gave invaluable assistance to students with non-English speaking backgrounds, clear communication of instructions on the proper use of websites.
- Assisted with analysis of student goals and developed lesson plans aimed at optimal success in achieving goals.
Online Teacher Resume Sample 12
- Overachieved in a challenging environment; assiduously updated the virtual classroom to ensure that students were able to access lessons, audio, and video presentations, and other course materials.
- Achieved a student-retention rate of 75% based on a survey conducted by a third-party consultant which showed overall satisfaction with training received.
- Re-engineered the virtual classroom to deliver multimedia lessons in an interactive environment.
- Achieved award for exceeding site metrics regarding recruitment, attendance, and student performance.
- Received distinguished service award from upper management for developing effective ways to market online education courses.
Online Teacher Resume Sample 13
- Scheduled online classes, provided online courses to educators throughout the country, and oversaw course progress.
- Trained students to use web-based applications for lesson planning.
- Taught students how to use the Internet effectively during courses of study.
- Utilized classroom management techniques to ensure online safety of students, facilitate the direction of lessons and evaluate participation in online classes. Section 8. Page Two
- Enhanced student satisfaction through effective use of email, chat rooms, message boards, and web conferences.
To work as an Online Teacher, a bachelor’s degree is required. Online Teachers must demonstrate a passion for teaching, the ability to empathize with students, strong organization skills, the ability to work well under pressure, excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management skills and be self-motivated.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Online Teacher Resume Samples
- Online Teacher Resume Sample 1
- Online Teacher Resume Sample 2
- Online Teacher Resume Sample 3
- Online Teacher Resume Sample 4
- Online Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Online Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Online Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Online Teacher Resume Sample 8
- Online Teacher Resume Sample 9
- Online Teacher Resume Sample 10
- Online Teacher Resume Sample 11
- Online Teacher Resume Sample 12
- Online Teacher Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up