A Head Start Teacher Assistant provides support to the teacher and maintains a positive environment for the children in the program. Their duties include implementing activities with the approval of the teacher, working with the teacher to record students’ behaviors, participating in meetings with parents, fostering healthy relationships with students, encouraging individuality among students and responding to emergencies with the proper protocol.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Head Start Teacher Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Head Start Teacher Assistant resumes for your reference.
Head Start Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Provided age-appropriate activities for children in accordance with curriculum standards.
- Exhibited effective management, guidance, and leadership skills while maintaining a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Developed a positive rapport with parents and community members through ongoing communication regarding progress of their child’s development.
- Collaborated with professionals from other agencies to plan and implement interagency meetings.
- Promoted diversity among peers by participating in an up-skilling program promoting inclusive practices for all staff working in early childhood education programs.
Head Start Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Provided childcare for 15 children of low-income families while parents completed activities initiated by Head Start program.
- Enriched the lives of children by encouraging communication skills through singing, reading, and nursery rhymes.
- Planned developmentally appropriate activities that encouraged self-expression, creativity, literacy, language acquisition, healthy nutrition, gross motor skills development, fine motor skills development, and socialization.
- Promoted positive behaviors in children with strategies such as praise words/actions/rewards; discouraged negative behaviors with time-out or expression of calming feelings.
- Experienced results from implementing a flexible behavior plan for a special needs child who excelled academically and socially before transitioning to another program.
Head Start Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Empower children and parents to achieve their goals and enhance the quality of life through various programs.
- Promote parental involvement by communicating with families, promoting parent cooperative efforts, and providing opportunities for home visits by classroom staff (e.g., family fun nights, cultural celebrations).
- Assist teachers in the daily care of their young students; provide an environment that is safe, healthy, nurturing and developmentally appropriate; assist teacher in transporting children safely to and from school.
- Establish rapport between child care program professionals, center staff members, community agencies, public officials to foster collaborative relationships necessary to promote positive efforts toward early childhood education within the local community .
- Contribute ideas, foster are positive work environment, help promote self-concept among children based on knowledge of child development principles.
Head Start Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Promot ed children’s understanding of language development and musical rhythm from babyhood through three years old.
- Taught a variety of educational subjects including arts, crafts, music, social studies, science and physical education to four-year-olds in Head Start preschool programs.
- Aided children in the transition from home to school by encouraging independent behavior and problem solving skills necessary for success in kindergarten.
- Assisted with state funded program writing grant seeking funding for teaching assistants; presented at PTA meeting bringing awareness to funds available for families seeking childcare assistance.
- Instructed children in safety rules such as no running on playing areas, asking entering another child’s play area, and saying “please” and “thank you.”
Head Start Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Assisted teachers across departments with children of all ages important daily tasks such as getting to class, completing paperwork, and answering phones.
- Provided quality early childhood education by planning activities that focus on cognitive, physical, social/emotional, and language development; worked with special-needs child for 18 months.
- Shared knowledge of literacy through storybook reading sessions; motivated children to use various application techniques like rhyming, blending sounds together to make words they can read themselves.
- Achieved award for Outstanding Parent Involvement Program Participant representing the center at county-wide professional development conference.
- Improved classroom environment by organizing centers focused on children’s individualized developmental needs; helped students improve their physical and social abilities.
Head Start Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Instructed children in following classroom routines.
- Provided administrative support by processing progress reports, enrolling new students and communicating with parents.
- Achieved excellence in supporting children’s learning through maintaining a safe and clean environment for children to learn and grow; recognized by the program manager.
- Enriched children’s lives by planning hands-on educational activities with early childhood education curriculum; recognized by peers and supervisor for outstanding performance.
- Promoted self-sufficiency among families of low socioeconomic status through clothing distribution program; earned appreciation from parent association president.
Head Start Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Received a bonus award for keeping an outstanding attendance record.
- Maintained a perfect behavior score by understanding the philosophy of Head Start which is to include integrity, respect, and safety in all behaviors.
- Awarded for being selected from among hundreds of applicants to continue working for a 5 year term as a Head Start Assistant Teacher continuing through two school years.
- Implemented effective teaching strategies while taking into account that children have unique learning styles towards better comprehension and mastery of skills.
- Reduced overall stress levels while maintaining high productivity while administering medication, following guidelines regarding confidentiality, and classroom management techniques.
Head Start Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Prepared school-age children for kindergarten by completing required state paperwork, organizing supplies, and following curriculum guidelines.
- Provided activities that focus on physical development during morning health routine.
- Encouraged communications between family members through interactive letter writing projects.
- Guided children into the steps of reading readiness by emphasizing phonemic awareness, print awareness, small motor skills, language comprehension, and use of books.
- Stimulated cognitive skills in children using age appropriate learning tools such as math manipulatives and puzzles at weekly literacy activity time with parents.
Head Start Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Provided ongoing energy and enthusiasm for program; earned recognition from administration and parents.
- Promoted healthy growth and development among the children in my care through play activities, language activities, songs, and creative arts projects.
- Effectively planned ongoing bilingual lessons such as reading relaxation exercises, counting (one to ten) with music, action games; knowledge of sign language improved during this time.
- Mentored new teachers’ assistants on principles of child development; organized lesson plans and special events in collaboration with other head start teachers.
- Identified needs in preparation area to provide support in daily classroom routines including meal times and dressing children. Created a system to address concerns about lost or missing materials.
Head Start Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Assisted in the daily operations of a Head Start Child Development Center. Maintained classroom supplies and equipment, cleaned classrooms, stocked materials, updated family files, maintained attendance records for children and staff.
- Implemented an early childhood curriculum based on child development. Provided discussion topics to parents during weekly meetings with assistance from teachers and parent volunteers.
- Promoted parental involvement by soliciting help from community businesses and churches through partnerships, educational events, and open houses.
- Volunteered at school related activities such as class parties, field trips, book fairs, Open House nights, back-to-school nights and graduation ceremonies.
- Supported new families by helping them access community resources and connecting them with language interpreters.
To work as a Head Start Teacher Assistant you need a high school degree and a CDA certification or be enrolled in an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree program. A Head Start Teacher Assistant must be able to organize educational activities, interact with children in a child-appropriate manner, remain patient in potentially stressful situations, communicate effectively with parents and teachers, think creatively, offer guidance and be a source of encouragement.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.