A Physiotherapy Assistant promotes and maintains health by providing physical therapy services under the supervision of a physical therapist. Duties include finding patient care issues, administering treatment, interviewing patients, performing physical exams, gaining, revising and studying therapy histories, evaluating abnormal conditions, recording patient care, performing therapeutic procedures, aiding with supportive devices, describing regimens, maintaining a safe, clean environment and accreditation compliance, updating job knowledge.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Physiotherapy Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Physiotherapy Assistant resumes for your reference.
Physiotherapy Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Greeted patients in a friendly, courteous manner; scheduling appointments with patients.
- Provided excellent customer service by remaining calm when dealing with irate clients.
- Assisted in preparing treatment rooms for patient visits; maintained high level of cleanliness in the treatment room and floor area.
- Maintained confidentiality of medical information at all times; filed medical records in an orderly fashion for future reference by staff members.
- Delivered exceptional care to all customers during their visit to the clinic, with a special emphasis on pain management, rehabilitation, and exercise programs.
Physiotherapy Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Supported development of Physiotherapy Department’s four-pronged approach to well-being: physical, psychological, nutritional, and environmental.
- Assisted in treating patients with various conditions including cancer, diabetes, hypertension, multiple sclerosis; served as an integral member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Coordinated scheduling for clinic space with other clinics; maintained files on patient records.
- Provided hands-on treatment for musculoskeletal conditions (e.g., strains, sprains, arthritis) using exercise programs; administered hot/cold treatments to reduce pain and swelling.
- Demonstrated exceptional dedication towards helping each patient achieve optimum health and wellness through individualized treatment plans; earned accolades from patients and staff alike.
Physiotherapy Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Allowed patient to remain at home during recovery period after surgery; provided exercise and treatment that prevented infection, reduced swelling, and improved mobility.
- Provided physical therapy for patients suffering from stroke, paralysis, amputation, spasm, and fractures.
- Received award for outstanding achievements in the rehabilitation of patients confined to wheelchairs.
- Recommended exercises for each patient’s specific needs; contributed to marked improvements in joint mobility of arm, leg, neck, and back.
- Cooperated with occupational therapists in the use of equipment designed to aid disabled persons in daily living activities.
Physiotherapy Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Assist three physiatrists in their clinical practice, which includes physical therapy sessions, educational classes, treatment plans for patients with orthopedic problems, and post-operative care.
- Actively participate in patient care by performing the following duties: assess patient’s condition through an interview and physical examination; determine treatment plan, proper treatment methods based on diagnosis; write formal progress notes.
- Maintain patient confidentiality by keeping office access codes confidential at all times.
- Recognize symptoms of mental health disorders that affect injured patients’ ability to cope with pain and use of body functions.
- Discuss post-operative care and rehabilitation plan with patients and their families.
Physiotherapy Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Performed and observed physiotherapy and medical exams to assess the health of patients; administered full body massages; massaged skeletal muscles.
- Trained and instructed patients in exercises to improve their mobility, endurance, and flexibility.
- Advised health care professionals regarding treatment plans for patients with physical therapy needs.
- Assisted patients in improving their balance, agility, gait, coordination, posture, breathing techniques, range of motion, strength, endurance and functional ability.
- Achieved a certification as a personal trainer through ACE (American Council on Exercise).
Physiotherapy Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Aided the doctor in the treatment of patients with injuries, diseases, or deformities by performing massages, exercises, and other physical therapy.
- Guided the doctor through procedures for various injuries including fractures, sprains, strains, dislocations, nerve damage and more.
- Helped patients obtain relief from pain through muscle tension relief techniques.
- Performed equipment maintenance tasks which included cleaning exercise area equipment and sterilizing medical equipment for reuse after cleaning.
- Assisted doctor with exams of patients to obtain histories about previous illnesses requiring treatment or preventative care.
Physiotherapy Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Provided therapy for patients with acute, sub-acute, and chronic injuries or illnesses.
- Maintained professional commitment to the health of patients by responding to their needs in a timely manner.
- Opened new doors of opportunity following graduate school by offering support to patients needing therapy with Orthopaedic, Neurological, Cardiovascular, and other conditions.
- Presented seminars on therapeutic exercise for nursing students at two prestigious colleges.
- Enhanced my reputation as a compassionate caregiver through my long-term practice at three rehabilitation centers with shoulder surgeries, hip replacements, stroke rehabilitation, etc.
Physiotherapy Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Advised patients on appropriate exercises, dietary modifications, and lifestyle changes to improve range of motion.
- Prescribed exercises to promote neuromuscular strength, endurance, and balance for all age groups.
- Instructed patients on the use of therapeutic equipment to maximize results.
- Educated patients on the importance of stretching, strengthening, and maintaining proper balance in their daily lives.
- Assisted the Head Physiotherapist with administrative duties including scheduling patients’ appointments and performing reception duties.
Physiotherapy Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Worked with Physiotherapist to assist in providing general and specialized therapy for a variety of patients including those suffering from diseases such as cancer, multiple sclerosis, and diabetes.
- Performed exercises with patients which included range-of-motion, muscle strengthening, cardiovascular conditioning, and flexibility.
- Utilized ultrasound equipment to ensure that exercises were performed effectively by the patient.
- Restored strength to a patient who had a stroke by improving balance and coordination through Tai Chi.
- Evaluated new patients according to severity of injury or illness so that treatment plans would be effective.
Physiotherapy Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Accurately documented the patient’s medical history; promoted comfort during all forms of treatment.
- Helped patients regain mobility, flexibility, and strength; provided support to patients in all rehabilitation processes.
- Provided care for geriatrics, chronically ill, neurologically impaired, and developmentally disabled individuals.
- Assisted in training patients within therapeutic programs; instructed in patient exercises to achieve physical wellness.
- Performed home visits with patients requiring supervision and care on a daily basis.
Physiotherapy Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Assisted in the treatment of over 400 patients; administered physical modalities, deep tissue massage, joint mobilization, and joint manipulation.
- Provided patient instruction for home care; instructed patients to use exercise equipment or perform exercises at home.
- Coordinated with Occupational Therapists on the evaluation of patient’s functional status; performed evaluations of upper extremity function.
- Collaborated with Physicians on rehabilitation programs; evaluated and implemented physician prescribed treatment plans.
- Prepared reports for physicians regarding patient progress/functionality based on pre-determined criteria.
An associate’s degree is required, along with license/certification and one must pass a state or national exam. Physiotherapy Assistant’s skills include motivation, continual learning, flexibility, physical fitness, organizational skills and an appropriate bedside manner.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.