Advances in communication systems are coming in every day and making contacting others through video, phone and data easier with every passing day so that people can reach loved ones and businesses can transfer valuable information. At the head of the development and maintenance of these new technologies are telecommunications specialists.
How to Become a Successful Telecommunications Specialist?
- This career is highly technologically focused, so a solid education in engineering, computer science, or audio equipment is a must for you to get started, and a combination of the three will also go a long way in your favor. A bachelor’s in one of these fields will be what most companies will want as a minimum for you to begin.
- Generally you will begin on a team of other new hires reporting to a specialist, and they will be the one who designs the projects and sets the goals to accomplish. Here you can sharpen your skills in problem solving and teamwork as you and your co-workers strive to find quicker solutions and fix errors in existing systems.
- Once you have enough experience to become a specialist, your line of work can vary depending on what you choose to specialize in, whether that be video communication or more data focused. Whatever you decide upon, your primary purpose is to streamline communication for customers so they don’t have to worry about technical problems.
Inventing new forms of technology is always desirable, as is fixing up and updating older ones and repairing any potential issues. Your customers will always be happier with reliable technology so that they are never left unable to communicate, and your work will always be recommended if it is reliable.
The Best Telecommunications Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Telecommunications resumes for your reference.
- Monitor alarm systems in order to ensure that secure conditions are maintained.
- Operate communication systems, such as telephone, switchboard, intercom and public address.
- Answer incoming calls, greeting callers, providing information and transferring calls.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the Telecom Dept in compliance with HIPPA guidelines.
- Provide administrative assistance to all departments within the hospital.
- Managing critical response to emergency codes such as cardiac arrest, trauma, and crisis using American messaging.
- Operate communications systems, such as telephone, intercom, switchboard, and taking messages.
- Managing deployment engineers/facilities, to process requests for project completion.
- Coordinate with appropriate line managers and communicate as appropriate project progress.
- Project Manage the Corporate Services relocations of firm wide project reorganizations.
- Managed projects for AXA Equitable internal stakeholders’ ranging from moves to network deployments.
- Maintained and operated satellite communication equipment (installed hardware, software).
- Operated communication equipment under high-level security conditions using encryption devices.
- Trained users on computer software, communications equipment usage, and setup.
- Achieved rank of Sergeant in four years after efficient management of systems during wartime overseas.
- Promptly responded to customer’s issues with cellular phones, broadband card and netbooks through wireless device monitoring and administration.
- Established a good rapport with the customer to increase business for Verizon Wireless.
- Recommended telecommunication plans based on usage, geographic coverage and cost.
- Coordinated unit’s activities to ensure a smooth flow of operations by setting priorities, establishing goals and assisting in the development and implementation of internal policies and procedures.
- End User problem diagnosis in real-time, including problem recognition, research, isolation and resolution steps.
- Routinely resolving less complex problems immediately, while managing more difficult tasks efficiently in a timely manner.
- Acted as SME for Mobile devices for NA offices, tested mobile devices with email applications.
- Perform installation and maintenance of telecommunications equipment and systems.
- Plan, schedule, acquire, implement, install, modify and test both voice and data telecommunication lines as well as associated equipment and services.
- Prepare technical planning documentation to translate approved communication requirements.
- Familiar with State Health Care policies and regulations, Medicare, Medicaid, Qualified Health Plans, Essential Plans and other products.
- Processed online premium payments, reimbursement, claims verification and other related issues.
- Eliminated members’ complaints with professional knowledge and satisfying outcome.
- Found opportunity to increase the quality and quantity of work and accelerate the growth of profit.
- Saved $200K+ in data-telecommunications services; reviewed and corrected invoices with support of vendors.
- Coordinated seamless migration of telecommunications services from expired to new contracts.
- Delivered cost savings and improved customer service with installation of private virtual network (PVN).
- Placed orders with telecom providers for voice, data and cable TV services into model homes and sales offices nationwide.
- Follow orders and resolve any issues to ensure completion by deadline.
- Verbal and written communications with vendors and service providers to resolve installation issues.
- Validate billing then enter into internal accounting system to process for payment.
- Monitored and maintained the internet and communication systems to ensure they were operational and at peak performance.
- Supervised and monitored database protocols; implementing and recommending efficient improvements; coordinated with different military branches and civilian contractors on modifications to existing databases.
- Supervised and performed system software and hardware upgrades; confirmed and tested all new releases; provided all systems analysis and database results to commanding officer.
- Trained and counseled soldiers in their job duties and performance, how to accomplish their missions and communication with help desk assignments.
- Carried out installation, integration, repair, and testing of telecommunications and wireless equipment at AT&T central office buildings.
- Installed, tested, diagnosed, and supported DSL internet, T1-T3 circuits, ISDN, IP telephony (VOIP) voicemail, and fiber optical equipment.
- Utilized laptop system to download software for diagnostic testing and integration.
- Communicated closely with engineers and project managers on issues, changes, and project progress.