Doulas provide support to mothers before, during, and after they give birth. Their duties include giving advice and information, providing physical and emotional support, educating women about the birthing and lactation processes, providing access to community resources for families, assisting with maternal self-care, and assisting with childcare.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Doula Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Doula resumes for your reference.
Doula Resume Sample 1
- Supported women throughout their experiences of pregnancy and childbirth by attending prenatal appointments, providing motherly care and attention, and staying overnight in hospitals.
- Checked and recorded blood pressure and pulse rates. Monitored fetal heartbeats during regular exams.
- Trained nurses on proper post-natal procedures by teaching Kegel exercises to new mothers.
- Encouraged women to take charge of their health while developing a better understanding for the benefits of massage therapy during labor.
- Revived stress levels among patients with healthy snacks, soothing music, positive words, loving touch, and humorous conversation.
Doula Resume Sample 2
- Provided physical, emotional, and informational support to women during pregnancy, birth, and postpartum.
- Assisted in the promotion of breastfeeding by supporting mothers who experienced difficulty nursing their infants.
- Encouraged positive family dynamics through mediation between husbands and wives.
- Promoted decision-making skills for women by presenting information regarding maternity care options during prenatal training sessions.
- Helped clients process the experience of infertility by providing them with resources to seek support from mental health services.
Doula Resume Sample 3
- Reduced the rates of Caesarean and operative deliveries by 16% and 25%, respectively, through effective education and coaching of women, their partners, and birth support providers; recognized as a significant improvement for the hospital.
- Provided comfort measures to patients during physical exams including Pap tests, annual checkups, blood draws, EKG’s, I & D procedures, pre-op testing with IV insertion.
- Promoted self-awareness for couples seeking fertility treatment by counseling husbands on ways they influence pregnancy outcomes.
- Posted a 34% increase in breastfeeding initiation with women who had low confidence in their ability to nurse prior to delivery.
- Facilitated family adjustment after birth with enhanced communication and new skills for breastfeeding, infant soothing/caringskills.
Doula Resume Sample 4
- Assisted two women who had previously been told they would have to have a cesarean section in having vaginal births.
- Provided emotional support for a woman going through infertility treatment, helping her through it and eventually becoming godmother to the baby.
- Guided a mother whose four children were taken away from her by DCFS toward surrogate parenting of a close friend’s three children that allowed both the friend and the biological mother to work full-time outside the home.
- Helped one woman end an abusive relationship with her husband before he could hurt their child, as well as worked with both CPS and law enforcement to remove another child from an abusive situation.
- Increased the self-confidence of a woman through prenatal exercises that helped her to turn her breech baby (head up) into the proper position for birth.
Doula Resume Sample 5
- Supported mothers throughout labor with comfort measures, relaxation techniques, and coping strategies.
- Provided continuous emotional support to both mother and father during labor.
- Assisted clients in navigating hospital systems before, during, and after childbirth.
- Educated clients about prenatal care options while promoting healthy lifestyle choices for pregnancy.
- Promoted community wellness through association with social service agencies that assisted disadvantaged or underserved women throughout their pregnancies.
Doula Resume Sample 6
- Trained 15 women in natural childbirth techniques and enhanced the emotional well being of over 60 families.
- Contributed to a 1% decrease in cesarean births at a local hospital by supporting the birthing process through education and physical comfort measures.
- Provided 24-hour support to mother delivering triplets, encouraging positive decisions concerning medical care for her child.
- Facilitated relationship between obstetricians and Chinese families during their first delivery experience with American physicians.
- Relieved birth trauma symptoms post-partum as a result of providing supportive services throughout labor and delivery to a patient diagnosed with PTSD.
Doula Resume Sample 7
- Provided emotional, mental, and physical support to women prior, during, and after childbirth.
- Provided prenatal care for pregnant women at risk of unplanned pregnancy or those who expressed fears about delivery.
- Promoted positive health behaviors by teaching prenatal exercises and postnatal techniques for newborns and mothers.
- Assisted in normal deliveries and performed first aid procedures including CPR on infants less than one month old.
- Kept detailed medical records of all patients to ensure accurate health histories were maintained by the practice as a whole.
Doula Resume Sample 8
- Trained and served pregnant women and their families by providing prenatal education, emotional support, physical comfort measures, and advocacy; earning certification as a childbirth educator.
- Promoted positive birth experiences through continuous follow-up with laboring mothers after discharge from the hospital.
- Delivered information regarding postpartum care during home visits.
- Provided clients with accurate health information, guidance on baby care and feeding topics, and referrals to community resources.
- Implemented professional medical massage protocols for back pain management.
Doula Resume Sample 9
- Provided support, physical and emotional, to women during childbirth with a focus on their desires and comfort.
- Trained in advanced maternal breastfeeding techniques by leading experts in the field.
- Collaborated in community outreach programs that provide prenatal care to impoverished women.
- Aided in developing obstetrical procedures for high-risk pregnancies at local hospitals through consultation with physicians.
- Recognized as a “strong advocate” for children’s health by increasing public awareness of healthy child development.
Doula Resume Sample 10
- Provided emotional and physical support to first-time mothers during labor and delivery.
- Trained other volunteers in the procedures of birth and postpartum care.
- Acted as a liaison between the patient, family, and hospital staff.
- Redirected patients’ fears through education on the birthing process, emphasizing breathing techniques for coping with pain.
- Facilitated childbirth classes for expectant parents; prepared couples to welcome newborns by teaching them about pregnancy stages, common discomforts, infant development milestones, qualifications for complementary healthcare services, proper nutrition concerns prior to conception, safe sleeping conditions, preventative health tips for infants, breastfeeding practices, quality childcare options, and contraceptives.
Doula Resume Sample 11
- Gave support to families striving for natural childbirth experiences by specializing in water birthing, massage therapy, pain management alternatives, CPR training.
- Provided labor support during birth and postpartum recovery at home births; contributed to reduction in unexpected risk factors that lead to medical intervention.
- Comforted women with physical comfort measures like reflexology, acupuncture, aromatherapy; provided emotional encouragement through massage relaxation techniques.
- Supported twin pregnancy in mother who planned on delivering vaginally; coached mom with knowledge of alternative options in case of unexpected complications when midwives were not available.
- Facilitated positive birthing experiences for over 100 mothers and babies when utilized as the primary doula.
Doula Resume Sample 12
- Supported families in the birthing process by providing continuous physical, emotional, and informational support to women during labor.
- Demonstrated mastery of breathing techniques to minimize discomfort while promoting relaxation throughout the entire childbearing cycle.
- Cultivated respect among medical staff for patient confidentiality by maintaining trust via discretion.
- Performed all required duties including cleaning supplies, sterilizing equipment, filling water pitchers, etc., while taking on additional responsibilities as assigned by the client care manager outside scheduled hours.
- Created a loving warm environment to allow each couple time alone following delivery before taking maternity photos with clients at their request.
Doula Resume Sample 13
- Supported the transition to parenthood for over 25 families by attending births, providing post-partum visits, and breastfeeding counseling.
- Promoted the importance of positive coping techniques for pregnant mothers in healthy pregnancies through educational prenatal seminars.
- Volunteered for 5 years as a doula trainer with Doula Training Northwest, educating others on labor support, birth options, prenatal care, and post-birth recovery.
- Recognized by hospital administration for exceptional performance when reviewing cases in the Prenatal Care Clinic at Emanuel Hospital Training & Research Center Obstetrics Department.
- First in county to attend home water births; attended two in different instances at client’s home without incident.
Doula Resume Sample 14
- Provided prenatal, postpartum, and newborn care to pregnant women in the comfort of home.
- Trained new doulas on prenatal procedures; obtained advanced certification on childbirth preparations (including water birth).
- Distinguished expert in fertility awareness; retained knowledgeable abreast on ovulation cycles, pregnancy tests, reproductive health issues.
- Successfully managed severe bleeding during birth process; assisted with unexpected deliveries by providing life-saving techniques.
- Gained satisfaction from empowering newly mothers to take charge of their child’s future through breastfeeding education and support.
To work as a birth or postpartum doula, you will need a certification from a recognized birth or postpartum doula organization. Doulas must show compassion, develop a skillset of comfort methods, support fathers and other partners, understand all physical aspects of childbirth, recognize signs of postpartum depression, be a good listener, have outstanding interpersonal skills, and follow best practices to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Doula Resume Samples
- Wrap Up