An elementary principal manages a school for children from kindergarten to middle school. Duties include setting performance goals, hiring staff, developing mission statements, compiling budget reports, staff evaluations, classroom visits, monitor teaching activities, and implementing approved curriculums.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Elementary Principal Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Elementary Principal resumes for your reference.
Elementary Principal Resume Sample 1
- Maintained a 95% overall rating annually, including the area “Employees’ relations” with maximum resounding 99%.
- Presented annual speeches at National Educator’s Training Institute in Washington, DC.
- Participated in US-Japan Education Exchange Program (JET) to lecture children on diversity and tolerance.
- Accredited by North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools, (NCA) for excellence in educational leadership.
- Nominated for the prestigious Outstanding American Award by Institute of International Education (IIE).
Elementary Principal Resume Sample 2
- Made lasting connections with students and parents.
- Fostered community and school pride through “Citizens of the Month” program.
- Gave back to the community by volunteering as a youth counselor in an elementary school. Created a Junior Ranger program for elementary children by establishing a weekly after-school arts program for 30 children.
- President’s Award for Professionalism, National Association of Elementary School Principals, (Formerly National Association of Secondary School Principals)
- Recognized at local and national conventions as a teacher of distinction with outstanding reviews from students’ parents, staff, and colleagues. Awarded by the National Assoc.
Elementary Principal Resume Sample 3
- Motivated, educated, and inspired students during the course of their K-12 lives.
- Created a safe learning environment in which all students had the ability to meet their full potentials.
- Taught students to use critical thinking skills, develop social skills, and gain respect for all cultures.
- Managed six teachers who led two classrooms with nearly 60 students in each room.
- Trained over sixty mentors during parent-teacher conferences to provide advice on preparing students for exams.
Elementary Principal Resume Sample 4
- Fostered communications between parents and teachers as a facilitator of parent-teacher conferences, in which parents and teachers resolved difficulties or issues that arise.
- Promoted the discipline, safety, and character of student students by promoting classroom management skills through staff meetings.
- Organized school meetings to prepare students for the annual PTA meeting; succeeded in developing a productive relationship between administrators and faculty members.
- Recognized for using innovative methods to solve complex problems; proactive in problem identification, solution development, and implementation.
- Expanded usefulness of school computer lab; increased computer skills for students and faculty, which improved academic progress and career opportunities for students.
Elementary Principal Resume Sample 5
- Mentored teachers, encouraged innovative ideas, and enhanced student performance.
- Developed staff to actively engage students in learning through new and improved classroom systems.
- Created a model for integrated program design at one of the largest elementary schools in America by embedding music into the core curriculum.
- Enhanced student academic performance at a school with two thousand students enrolled.
- Met the needs of parents and children by supervising community services such as special education, parent resource groups, family councils, and an after school program.
Elementary Principal Resume Sample 6
- Founded All Saints’ Elementary School and dedicated several years of her life to preparing children for scholastic success.
- Developed the curriculum for the school, designed the building layout, acquired volunteers for the campus, and oversaw all construction.
- Trained over 200 teachers, parents of children from pre-kindergarten through middle school, and community leaders in subjects that include history, art, music, science and health.
- Developed and implemented a goal setting program that achieved national recognition for achievement.
- Developed a model of teaching based on self-determination theory utilizing student natural curiosity as a motivational tool.
Elementary Principal Resume Sample 7
- Designed and implemented special programs to improve student discipline, attendance, and after school responsibilities.
- Established cooperative relationships with parents and the business community by increasing contributions to the school through fundraising, grants, donations, and community based service projects.
- Increased the number of students completing high school graduation requirements (16% increase in 5 years) while maintaining a record U.S. News & World Report Honor Roll status for over a decade.
- Engaged in cooperative professional relationships with district, state, local government officials to effect positive educational policy regarding presentation of evidence-based research data at public meetings concerning curriculum development and classroom instruction standards.
- Collaborated with parents and teachers to create innovative after school programs leading to the acquisition of one million dollars in grants.
Elementary Principal Resume Sample 8
- Visited and mentored each student with the goal of unlocking their potential so they could shoot for the stars.
- Encourage efficient use of resources and money; improved test scores and extended library hours by cutting down books that are identical and donating them to other schools.
- Coordinated staff scheduling to meet the needs of all students to ensure that every school day would be a highly productive learning experience.
- Scheduled meetings for teachers, parents, and counselors to address any concerns or issues regarding students or school in general.
- Initiated the practice of community service in the school to influence character, attitude, and pride.
Elementary Principal Resume Sample 9
- Organized and initiated on-going professional development programs for school staff and students.
- Instilled in children a love of learning and a sense of respect for one another by creating an environment of caring, trust, mutual support, fun, and friendship.
- Earned best principal’s award; instituted safety programs; earned positive student opinions for being trustworthy; recognized for developing special relationships with students.
- Made permanent improvements to the physical condition of the building by initiating a training program that would foster healthier work habits amongst staff members.
- Provided students with a stimulating environment; organized an annual summer camp program of recreation, sport, and education for students.
Elementary Principal Resume Sample 10
- Acted as a spiritual leader for the 500-student school by organizing prayers, religious programs, and holiday events.
- Implemented a strong academic curriculum; achieved teacher and administrative recognition awards for the school’s high reading scores.
- Created a positive learning environment with low discipline problems; recognized by students, parents, and teachers alike.
- Reduced vandalism through inquiry techniques. Developed after-school clubs to accommodate learning needs of students in grades one through eight.
- Helped expand and elevate a new education program that benefited over 100 students to achieve higher working standards in comprehension and communication skills.
Elementary Principal Resume Sample 11
- Achieved District Honor Roll status four consecutive years.
- Took lead on professional development workshops in the district.
- Initiated the First Level Tests in the Elementary School, increasing scores by 50% over five years.
- Received outstanding performance awards from administration, faculty and students for personal and classroom excellence.
- Improved test scores through a cooperative educational model of teaching, which focused on each child’s individual needs and interests.
Elementary Principal Resume Sample 12
- Conceived, budgeted, and implemented improvements to the physical facility of school from outdated infrastructure to new athletic complex.
- Recruited and hired teachers in every academic area including special education; maintained high academic standards for every student.
- Established superior testing guidelines and provided assessment information for each student; improved the benchmarking of students’ progress.
- Instituted successful community outreach programs that directly linked the school with their local community for educational improvement and enrichment. (More about this career)
- Gained funding that exceeded $15 million by developing grant proposals in collaboration with staff and volunteers; enforced accountability in use of taxpayer funds between government and school administration.
Education requirements include a master’s degree in education administration or a related field. Skills to succeed as an elementary principal include strong management skills, ability to delegate, ability to provide constructive criticism, excellent verbal and written communication skills, good telephone etiquette, good attention to detail, strong organizational skills, proficiency with education, and office-related software, and excellent public speaking ability.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.