Rabbis are the spiritual leaders within the Jewish faith who typically manage an individual congregation. Their duties include providing spiritual guidance for congregation members, supporting their faith community and performing Jewish ceremonies such as weddings, funerals, bar/bat mitzvahs, and weekly services.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Rabbi Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Rabbi resumes for your reference.
Rabbi Resume Sample 1
- Provided spiritual counseling to patients in a hospital setting; administered religious rituals to Jewish patients.
- Assisted in the design of expensive Jewish art works for use in an office setting.
- Facilitated construction of new synagogue buildings; coordinated the schedules of contractors, building materials, and Jewish holidays.
- Organized religious services at camp facilities; served as liaison between clergy and medical staff concerning the observance of religious practices.
- Annotated transcripts for educational purposes; marked up transcripts with handwritten personal notes to assist students with their research.
Rabbi Resume Sample 2
- Prepared prayer services and scheduled congregational events according to scheduled dates and hours. Compiled attendance data.
- Maintained a comprehensive database of information for all members of the congregation.
- Surrendered proposal for a congregational facility expansion project after it was approved by the president. The proposal met all guidelines and specifications laid down by the fund-raising committee.
- Formulated a successful database for congregants who qualify for the Osheroff Payment Act.
- Suggested guidelines for purchasing new equipment. Purchased two new computers to be used in the religious school, and software to be used in congregation’s database.
Rabbi Resume Sample 3
- Assisted in hiring, training, and supervising senior staff/clerical employees to ensure smooth running of the organization.
- Responsible for scheduling, appointments, planning events & planning departmental budgets.
- Supervised clerical staff to ensure all tasks were completed according to established deadlines. Assisted the administrative staff with handling mass mailings.
- Handled annual budget preparation and reporting. Handled all external loan mortgage documentation for entity & operated staffing system & payroll system with Fannie Mae as a subcontractor for bank organizing document mailing.
- Oversaw all clerical staff activities in the department. Prepared faxes & scanned documents for electronic filing.
Rabbi Resume Sample 4
- Received outstanding qualities frequently noted on job performance appraisals; participated in National Volunteer Week by helping to reconcile financial aid applications.
- Received recognition for outstanding customer service by the Director of the Institution, by handling queries on behalf of clients, and lending her expertise as a professional consultant to other staff members.
- Recognized for development of practices that ensure proper loan disbursement of funds, including but not limited to reviewing loan files before approval and communicating with the student units’ Financial Aid Office regarding status updates.
- Received recognition for providing moral support and guidance to clients, especially those who were facing a crisis in their lives. Reaffirmed that values can be maintained even through turmoil.
- Received best employee award during the past year, by the President of the Institution, for excellent work ethic and organizational skills.
Rabbi Resume Sample 5
- Developed and implemented religious programs; developed and administered employee benefits; served as a team member for the committee that developed and compiled the work study plan.
- Responsible for clerical functions including: Worked on the weekly and monthly production plan with payroll, ordering supplies, billing, preparing checks, processing mail, etc.; maintained facility security for safety reasons.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service from clients who had applied for a loan.
- Reviewed over 100 loan files as a loan processor to ensure processing accuracy as well as compliance with FHA guidelines.
- Achieved honor roll grade on final exam.
Rabbi Resume Sample 6
- Directly assisted Rabbi in preparation of services, delivered sermons, escorted sick children to physic doctors.
- Helped with administrative tasks such as maintaining calendar of events, scheduling all type of groups for services and ceremonies, cleaning the synagogue.
- Coached children in the Judaics portion of school in preparation for their Bar/Bat Mitzvah. Also coached in athletics in both basketball and drama.
- Assisted Rabbi during sermon by keeping track of all messages used to teach congregants about Jewish laws and teachings.
- Assisted the Rabbi by participating in the development of a synagogue newsletter, which included writing articles and taking photos.
Rabbi Resume Sample 7
- Assisted Rabbi in presiding over religious services, including reading from the Torah and conducting holiday celebrations.
- Greeted guests from all walks of life, putting them at ease while ensuring they enjoyed a spiritual and memorable experience.
- Director of religious school programs for students who received a superior secular education while continuing to learn Judaic traditions.
- Increased attendance by 20% over a period of 1-year while increasing the number of converts to Judaism by 40%.
- Recognized as a valuable team member for creating a positive atmosphere that enabled the congregation to maintain its long-standing reputation as the premier Reform synagogue in the region for over 80 years.
Rabbi Resume Sample 8
- Provided religious services, conducted religious gatherings, and offered counsel pertaining to religious beliefs.
- Informed members of congregations of worship policies and conducted their personal business.
- Performed duties in a timely manner with accuracy and efficiency.
- Distributed funds to clergymen from budgeted amounts according to a set schedule in a structured manner that is recorded for all clergymen.
- Traveled within the United States and in foreign countries to acquaint people with teachings, doctrines, and traditions of religions.
Rabbi Resume Sample 9
- Led the department to achieve the highest productivity of any department in the temple’s history.
- Increased cheder student enrollment by more than 50% over three years.
- Initiated programs to spread awareness that Yiddish is a living language.
- Presided over the only bar mitzvah in recent memory that did not include an argument among members of the family.
- Studied for an additional year after ordination to help spread more knowledge about Jewish mysticism.
Rabbi Resume Sample 10
- Handled confidential information with confidentiality; prepared documents by hand.
- Handled all incoming calls professionally, quickly, and efficiently. Regarded as the most professional member of the team.
- Well versed in using Microsoft Office Suite 2007 programs; created an e-mail database for the congregation’s members.
- Received award for outstanding performance demonstrating proficiency in managing office finances, newsletters, editing articles, compiling data for articles submitted to editors of Jewish publications.
- Developed program providing support to congregants seeking assistance with insurance problems after hurricane Katrina.
Rabbi Resume Sample 11
- Effectively conducted religious ceremonies such as baptisms and confirmations.
- Counseled individuals and families; referred individuals to rabbis, social workers, psychologists, and physicians for support.
- Administered programs such as Bar/Bat Mitzvahs and helped in the set-up of services for other special occasions such as funerals and weddings.
- Administered grant programs for outreach activities in community; raised $25,000+ annually that were used to improve religious life within school district.
- Facilitated fundraising events and coordinated fundraising efforts with other organizations in community.
Rabbi Resume Sample 12
- Lead volunteer activities at local Jewish organizations, including the Sandusky Jewish Center, Temple Beth El, and Chabot Family YMCA. Thesis for Babysitting Supervisor Certification.
- Assisted with year-end accounting reports and an annual report for a Jewish Community Center for a large non-profit organization.
- Became a volunteer for the Regional Office of Education as a fund raising coordinator for a Jewish Family Service Agency.
- Organized registration drive and supervised volunteers at a local synagogue.
- Interviewed donors to secure grants; integrated gifts from sponsors, donors and employees every year to assure every dollar donated was used towards its intended purpose.
To become a rabbi you must graduate from a Rabbinical school and pursue deeper study in a related theological or Hebrew field. You must also be a confirmed member of the Jewish faith. A rabbi must demonstrate strong written communication, understanding of the Torah and Jewish scripture, community outreach, spiritual leadership, the ability to give speeches, compassion, and a deep religious faith.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.