Freelance audio engineers are responsible for the technical aspects of sound. Their main duties include solving technical audio issues, checking sound quality, working with video editors to synchronize video and audio, following guidelines from producers, maintaining sound equipment and examining current trends in the audio engineering industry.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Freelance Audio Engineer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Freelance Audio Engineer resumes for your reference.
Freelance Audio Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Constructed and adjusted sound equipment for the Public Broadcasting Station.
- Responsible for all aspects of audio engineering process including laying down multiple tracks, adding effects, mixing, and mastering.
- Managed several recording sessions that brought together clients from widely different musical backgrounds and genres; used discretion in balancing conflicting interests to produce a quality product.
- Developed an abstract understanding of acoustics as perceived by the human ear; designed speaker layouts and applied them to underground shrines honoring deities worshiped in Hinduism and Buddhism during restoration projects in southern India over a period of three years.
- Spearheaded fundraising efforts as Pro-Bono Audio through production company for Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust.
Freelance Audio Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Designed and implemented virtual sound effects to enhance the realism of a video game.
- Successfully developed a wireless headphone-monitoring system for a national recording artist, enabling the artist to hear music without using cumbersome studio headphones.
- Wrote an article about sound engineering that was published by three international magazines.
- Improved efficiency in audio production by designing a new digital mixing console with numerous innovative features.
- Streamlined workflow, increased speed, and decreased costs by rewriting software to run on the latest version of the operating system.
Freelance Audio Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Flexible schedule to accommodate different work hours, days, and weekends.
- Successfully mixed over 100 individual tracks in one week for a single client; recognized by the company for outstanding quality.
- Improved workflow through research of new recording software to enhance company’s productivity.
- Researched, wrote about, and presented information on audio engineering at three industry conferences within the past six months.
- Wrote feature article for trade magazine with ten thousand subscribers; interviewed two prominent figures in professional audio before publication.
Freelance Audio Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Worked with local musicians, DJs, and bands on the creation of promotional pieces.
- Developed an international network of freelance connection through events, networking, and social media.
- Completed projects for clients on time and under budget every time.
- Achieved an average of five stars on all completed jobs through the use of internet-based marketing and positive client testimonials.
- Recognized by sound engineers as one of the best self-engineers in city; gains respect from peers within own chosen profession for work ethic, knowledge, creativity, innovation, efficiency, problem solving abilities, conceptualization capabilities.
Freelance Audio Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Designed, built, and installed sound system installations for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
- Recorded hundreds of audio books that have been sent to troops serving in Afghanistan, Japan, Germany, Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, Italy and Great Britain.
- Edits hours of recorded material to minimize background noise while maximizing volume. Uses sound engineering skills with recording equipment including mixing consoles , computer software programs , digital multitrack recorders , analog tape recorders .
- Handled any situation professionally by immediately identifying problems/issues and coming up with a solution on-the-fly.
- Speaks Spanish well enough to communicate in international locations when working remotely in Latin America and Caribbean countries.
Freelance Audio Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Effectively used Pro Tools HD recording studio to record audio for commercials, imaging, documentaries, and movies.
- Completed 12-hour long sessions with up to 4 musicians without any complaints.
- Achieved the “EQ” Award which requires an individual to exhibit excellent qualities of sound engineering; judged by top professionals in the field.
- Implemented strategies that lead to the sale of one million CDs produced by independent artists; recognized as Top 5% out of 100+ albums sold.
- Received grants from the city government through the Arts Council for training underrepresented individuals in music production; trained 50 beginners/amateurs during first semester alone.
Freelance Audio Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Captured authentic sounds from real-life scenes for television advertisement.
- Optimized music scene’s audio quality following industry standard practice for a Hollywood feature film.
- Provided live sound reinforcement at concerts and events, including a sold out performance by the Rolling Stones.
- Designed an acoustic treatment system to improve acoustics of a small room within a church facility.
- Improved production value of commercials by applying best practices in voiceover tools and techniques.
Freelance Audio Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Installed sound system for over 5,000 spectators at a local sports arena.
- Designed and implemented audio distribution system to feed off-site audio signals to various locations throughout a manufacturing facility.
- Mixed a sold out rock concert event within 48 hours of being contracted; responsible for 100+ speaker feeds.
- Equipped recording studio with custom live console capable of 24 uniquely flexible inputs.
- Provided audio services in support of large-scale video presentations, concerts, seminars, webinars, and brand promotions.
Freelance Audio Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Successfully and effectively handled complex sound studio and operation problems during live broadcasts.
- Demonstrated expert level of knowledge in multimedia audio editing techniques, such as 5.1 surround mixing, dialogue edits, noise reduction, music scoring, MIDI synchronization and layback to video format.
- Achieved 100% satisfaction rating from customers on all projects completed; recognized by company management for outstanding performance.
- Completed 15 minutes of audio post-production within 24 hours while working overtime for a small production company; recognized by supervisor for going above and beyond the call of duty.
- Received top-quality customer service award and was personally thanked by over dozen clients who had used my services for their projects.
Freelance Audio Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Equalized the sound levels of an entire audience for a live presentation; effectively calibrated audio equipment at cello practice with Grammy-winning cellist.
- Improved acoustics in small studio to reduce echoes and emphasize desired sounds; engineered room renovation at church for preteen choir sound recording project.
- Designed new speakers, subwoofers, receivers, and amplifiers; introduced home theater system to improve audiovisual experience.
- Rebuilt disc player to improve CD playback quality; developed voiceover booth with optimized acoustical properties.
- Achieved minimal noise interference by ensuring microphone emitters were attached correctly before soldering boxes together.
Freelance Audio Engineer Resume Sample 11
- Achieved sound quality matching professional studio recordings on all commercial projects.
- Successfully handled the most demanding of deadlines; mastered multitrack recording techniques at a glance, and worked with new artists on their first album release.
- Deployed attention to detail necessary for mastering the intricacies of Japanese music production; produced some of the biggest names in Japanese music.
- Pioneered self-designed software for more efficient mixing processes; allowed clients to send tracks remotely.
- Successfully negotiated royalty rates which landed an A-list celebrity his desired rate without compromising on fees charged to smaller acts, thus creating goodwill with both parties.
To work as a freelance audio engineer, you require a bachelor’s degree in sound engineering or its equivalent and certification by the Society of Broadcast Engineers (SBE). Freelance audio engineers must demonstrate technical skills, communication skills, problem-solving skills, creativity, ability to follow instructions, detail orientation and audio skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.