An Unarmed Security Officer keeps people safe in all kinds of different situations. Their duties include keeping watch over people in a bank, walking around stadiums to look for suspicious people, walking through special events to spot unusual conditions, making security patrols, preventing unauthorized people from entering areas, monitoring exits, making reports on accidents.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Unarmed Security Officer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Unarmed Security Officer resumes for your reference.
Unarmed Security Officer Resume Sample 1
- Attain the highest score at the police academy; designated as an officer who was immediately department qualified to work alone.
- Obtain 28-hour certification for unarmed security officer; recognized by the state of California for exceptional compliance with both federal and state guidelines.
- Earned praise from co-workers for overseeing duties during several emergency situations; trained to use equipment including fire extinguishers, emergency first aid kits, extrication tools, and chemical protection gear.
- Installed motion sensor trackers before burglaries occurred; responded quickly to silent alarms that were triggered by motion sensors which had detected potential intruders who were trying to gain access into buildings at night.
- Completed assignments in a highly efficient manner to ensure the safety of residents; performed duties, which included patrolling parking lots and common areas.
Unarmed Security Officer Resume Sample 2
- Stop dangerous activities while effectively communicating professionally to minimize dangerous situations while upholding American laws.
- Guard private property after recognizing the value of peace of mind through 24 hour security systems.
- Protect military bases from intrusion by observing surroundings, apprehending criminals, and informing authorities via two-way radio equipment.
- Prevent damage to equipment during power outages due to storms or weather conditions while ensuring employees safety in office buildings or stores during stormy nights. Extend courtesy, warmth, friendliness and understanding when dealing with customers.
- Successfully uphold law observance by tactfully patrolling streets at night through various neighborhoods for signs of suspicious activity that may include drug deals or disputes leading to fighting thru midnight to early morning hours.
Unarmed Security Officer Resume Sample 3
- Proactively patrolled building in search of trespassers, vandals, and other threats.
- Effectively apprehended criminal suspects after a brief foot pursuit.
- Expertly restrained a hostile individual who was resisting arrest by employing proven hand-to-hand techniques to gain control.
- Planned and coordinated joint investigations with local police to uncover drug operations at an apartment complex used by the Latin Kings gang.
- Removed two intoxicated males from private property without physical confrontation or injury; successfully completed bar room brawl dispersal without use of baton or mace.
Unarmed Security Officer Resume Sample 4
- Requested a position as a part-time, unarmed security officer with a retail store to expand my knowledge of employment opportunities and acclimate myself with the business world.
- Avoided confrontation while detaining three shoplifters; isolated potential threats without directly confronting two who had been prepared to fight.
- Completed over 70 hours of training in response to weapons threats, theft deterrence, and crime prevention. Conducted ongoing research on criminal history information through SHERIFF Criminal Records Bureau.
- ID’d suspects involved in residential burglary; ID’d persons with outstanding arrest warrants at traffic stops. Widened SHERIFF Criminal Records Bureau inquiry parameters after researching procedures by telephone call with supervisory personnel.
- Received 80% Crime Prevention Award for submitting 9 crime prevention reports, and for effectively decreasing crime in retail parking lots.
Unarmed Security Officer Resume Sample 5
- Secured multiple buildings simultaneously after rescuing a hostage during an armed robbery.
- Conducted over 100 interviews in under 6 hours to apprehend suspects of multiple homicides.
- Received highest possible recommendation from US Army command for valor, audacity, decisiveness, leadership, and personal courage.
- Obtained criminal intelligence on network of organized shoplifting syndicates while employed with department stores’ loss prevention team. Collected data that lead to the arrest of nine individuals who were collectively responsible for over $100,000 in retail theft.
- Successfully apprehended two armed robbers within 20 seconds while working independently as an off-duty security officer without backup at a local convenience store.
Unarmed Security Officer Resume Sample 6
- Pursued part-time, full-time career for seven years as a member of the Unarmed Security Officer team; prepared for emergency situations including fire, natural disaster or other criminal activities.
- Intervened in altercations between customers to ensure peace and maintain order at night clubs, bars, restaurants and service establishments.
- Patrolled assigned compound at Fort Bragg conforming to standard operating procedures regarding customer services and suspicious personal activity.
- Received “Above & Beyond” award after intervening in armed robbery. Forced two men who had robbed an elderly man to return his money while under gunpoint during shift termination time period.
- Provided competent leadership skills through assumed position as supervisor; increased work productivity and motivation among team members.
Unarmed Security Officer Resume Sample 7
- Successfully completed daily duties and responsibilities as a Unarmed Security Officer.
- Served as an active member of the local community to ensure safety, security and lawfulness for patrons and visitors at public venues such as stadiums, theaters, office buildings, shopping malls, banks, schools and colleges.
- Proactively maintained positive physical contact with individuals who were interfering with nonviolent actions; successfully accomplished assigned tasks without escalating situations to undesirable levels.
- Discovered evidence relating to criminal activities; participated in facilitating arrests and prosecution of perpetrators for unlawful activity.
- Utilized assigned technologies to monitor building locations for out-of-bounds conditions thereby maintaining safety in buildings through crowd control measures.
Unarmed Security Officer Resume Sample 8
- Conducted foot and vehicle patrols, and provided public safety and crime prevention services within a busy mall’s 250+ acre property.
- Resolved incidents of customer disputes; referred all non-criminal matters to Mall Management for support.
- Enforced mall codes and policies as well as local state laws concerning explosive ordinances, firearms restrictions, tobacco control measures, and other miscellaneous statutes.
- Accurately maintained daily activity logs during assigned shifts; effectively supervised subordinate officers in the performance of their duties.
- Consistently executed instructions from supervisors regarding emergencies such as bomb threats or suspicious persons; effectively patrolled interior and exterior areas to prevent theft/vandalism/damage to property.
Unarmed Security Officer Resume Sample 9
- Successfully elevated from a security guard position to third-shift supervisor within one year of employment.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with tenant-owners and staff while maintaining a secure, pleasant environment for tenants and guests of the property.
- Quickly recognized by local law enforcement officers due to my diligent work ethic and professionalism, resulting in an increase in police referrals of business patrons on my shifts.
- Displayed exceptional skills during two separate armed confrontations that required me to detain the suspects until the arrival of the Police Department. In both cases I was able to resolve potentially deadly situations without injury or loss.
- Created programs which resulted in resident appreciation and higher profits for our company. This was accomplished through my efforts in establishing effective communication between the security staff, tenants, and guests of the property.
A high school diploma is required for this job, plus 6-12 months of training in security. Skills needed are the ability to stand/walk for long periods, the ability to restrain a person, dependable, people-oriented, having a clean criminal record, good communication skills, and basic computer skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.