Sales Traders are tasked with providing financial services to buyers and sellers in financial markets. Their duties include contacting leads and providing information about services, offering guidance on the purchase of commodities, monitoring financial markets, analyzing a company’s financial history if you are doing a public merger, buying and selling commodities, and meeting with prospective clients to see what best fits their needs.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Sales Trader Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Sales Trader resumes for your reference.
Sales Trader Resume Sample 1
- Communicated with potential clients, providing them with thorough information concerning our company’s services.
- Contacted local stores to establish locations, shared positive experiences about our solutions, and showed them how GSI could benefit their bottom line.
- Anticipated problems that may have arisen, solved them prior to the occurrence of an incident.
- Maintained a clear understanding of prospects’ needs for each product area.
- Demonstrated sound judgment in all dealings with prospects and customers resulting in large amounts of business being generated by my sales activities.
Sales Trader Resume Sample 2
- Successfully negotiated a sale of $200M in Airline Bonds.
- Won a quotation from the Omaha Southern Railroad Company to provide fuel for their locomotives.
- Achieved certification from the New York Board of Trade for my skills as a Grain Trader. Served as an expert witness for this firm appearing before federal judges and regulatory agencies to testify on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange Commodity Exchange Act.
- Trained staff on how to properly close corn hedging contracts; contributed to a 20% increase in revenue during FY 2005.
- Demonstrated innovative technology, securing a new contract with an airline, which provided greater revenue opportunities.
Sales Trader Resume Sample 3
- Increased revenue by more than $120,000 over the previous year; recognized by the Vice President of Sales for exceptional performance.
- Led team of 8; named first-quarter top performer; recognized by District Manager for first-time national recognition.
- Doubled the number of accounts, tripled the number of prospects while increasing the number of new business cards by 200%; recognized by Region President for multi-level achievement.
- Acquired 25 new accounts and closed three times the number of business cards; recognized by Division President for sales excellence.
- Refined market strategy, developed sales plan, and implemented sales program across all divisions; recognized by CEO for development of a nationwide sales program.
Sales Trader Resume Sample 4
- Achieved award for an increase in sales over the previous year.
- Suggested ways to increase company profits by 10% through cost control measures.
- Closed an order for services with a new prospect; the largest sale in the history of the company.
- Recognized for increased revenues resulting from increased referrals to other departments.
- Increased total sales by 32% through new business development.
Sales Trader Resume Sample 5
- Took on a leadership role on the team, and managed to increase sales volume by 23% in less than 10 months.
- Conducted an innovative pilot project; the pilot project generated an additional $100K in revenue. The pilot project was recognized by our clients and applied to other projects.
- Closed an IBM contract by following up with the buyer after the close of business each day; met with him for dinner each Wednesday night; ensured that all meetings were conducted within our budget; conducted meetings via phone or video conference when possible.
- Earned repeat business by taking the initiative to look for creative solutions when clients had declined our services.
- Received appreciation award for exceeding sales quota, while maintaining customer satisfaction ratings.
Sales Trader Resume Sample 6
- Supplied a new level of customer service once a customer had been acquired.
- Went above and beyond to promote sales at the company, been recognized by Regional Manager as being instrumental in meeting goals for the current quarter.
- Providing customers with exceptional service, effectively developing new customers, and expanding the customer base.
- Recognized as a “Superstar” by the Regional Manager for outstanding performance, provided exceptional customer service, and effectively handled all aspects of sales operations.
- Awarded outstanding sales award; was recognized for sales results exceeding company goals that were established by managers on a quarterly basis.
Sales Trader Resume Sample 7
- Recognized the importance of a clean desk and completing paperwork while receiving a monthly sales bonus.
- Earned a commission for achieving quotas while maintaining a personal sales goal.
- Received excellent performance reviews from customers who had applied for a loan.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service; effectively communicate with customers to ensure that they understood the process and answered all the necessary questions prior to closing their loan.
- Recommended loan action that resulted in over $15,000 in fees waived.
Sales Trader Resume Sample 8
- Monitored performance of all new accounts; following up on prospects and new clients.
- Awarded for achieving the target volume of new clients; introduced 20 new clients within 6 months.
- Reached $5 million in the volume of securities traded. Traded U.S. government securities, municipal bonds, corporate bonds, foreign currency exchange, and equities on domestic exchanges.
- Named top Securities Supervisor for achieving the highest volume of trading by non-retail department within my firm; averaged $7 million per day in trading activity including Treasury markets, municipal bond markets, and the U.S. equities markets.
- Awarded for performance that exceeded average levels; met or exceeded organizational composite sales objectives for the 3rd consecutive year.
Sales Trader Resume Sample 9
- Achieved goal on monthly sales of safety stock for warehouse valued at $650,000; exceeded customer expectations.
- Achieved goal of increased sales; increased sales by 15% on safety stock over the monthly average of the prior year.
- Trained new staff and received positive responses from customers and staff.
- Received positive response and recognition for providing outstanding customer service and meeting the company’s guidelines.
- Identified problem areas and offered solutions to both customers and peers. As a result of this action, department was able to immediately reduce staff turnover rates by identifying training needs that resulted in more efficient, error-free staff.
Sales Trader Resume Sample 10
- Advertised and sold mutual funds and investment products.
- Trained and mentored new salespeople by explaining product features, requirements, and limitations.
- Achieved top performance rating for annual quota for one year; monitored and led the group to meet productivity goal of $300,000 in sales for the quarter.
- Supervised the sale of $32 million in products, averaging $24,000 per transaction; maintained two or fewer days of downtime for the year as a result of sabotage.
- Earned outstanding achievement award as an associate; introduced new products to existing customers.
Sales Trader Resume Sample 11
- Managed a territory including a population of four states and five main areas of activity.
- Recognized by the Regional Manager for excellence in sales; was selected to achieve top salesperson status.
- Recognized by the Regional Manager for excellence in sales; achieved recognition as a top performer in the company.
- Received outstanding quality award; successfully demonstrated its ability to analyze, forecast, and target markets for future representation.
- Achieved outstanding quality award and was selected for an executive-level promotion.
Sales Trader Resume Sample 12
- Received “Outstanding” sales award for the first quarter of the year.
- Received the first place award for the first quarter of the year.
- Received “Outstanding” sales award for the third quarter of the year; achieved high volume in business and individual income business categories.
- Unanimously received Superstar Award; received a call monitoring score of 100%.
- Received “Outstanding” sales award for second and fourth quarters of the year and received credit on account with Senior Officer by receiving four consecutive quarters with no late payments, outstanding customer satisfaction scores, and net positive account balances.
Sales Trader Resume Sample 13
- Created 1st Best Sales Floor Supervisor in the area.
- Recipient of best sales floor award; recognized by her peers for outstanding contributions to the company’s success while maintaining top-level performance.
- Achieved 1st place in profit bonus for-profit quota achieved during the fiscal year. Also 1st place in profit bonus for-profit quota achieved during the fiscal year, market share for consecutive months, non-compete bonus, and multiple dealer reviews.
- Achieved top sales award; company recognized her outstanding customer service skills and provided annual retention incentive where applicable.
- Earned top sales recognition for six consecutive months. The company provided a monthly retention incentive where applicable.
Sales Trader Resume Sample 14
- Achieved #1 sales total in the district; recognized at a district sales conference for exceeding goals.
- Solicitated new business for cruise line company; generated $25,000 in revenue.
- Generated $100,000 in revenue by increasing sales to current customers; received the award for improving customer retention.
- Created positive work environment through communication and exemplary customer service; awarded Customer Service acknowledgment.
- Achieved award as the top salesperson for reaching the goal of $200,000 in sales within the first year of employment with company; celebrated by Regional Manager and Director of Sales.
To become a Sales Trader, you will need a master’s degree in business management. The skills needed for this position are strong financial knowledge, analytical skills, attention to detail, communication skills, interpersonal skills, mathematical skills, and customer service skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.