Laptop technicians are responsible for fixing laptops for individuals or organizations. Their main duties include performing regular upgrades to ensure systems remain updated, resolving network connectivity issues, testing and repairing programs, installing laptop software and hardware, keeping records of laptop repairs done and educating laptop owners on how to take care of their laptops.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Laptop Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Laptop Technician resumes for your reference.
Laptop Technician Resume Sample 1
- Perform repairs. Perform preventative maintenance services for all makes and models of computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, and peripherals.
- Troubleshoot software problems for customers via telephone or other remote access methods.
- Conduct site visits to install network equipment including switches, routers, firewalls, wireless access points and cabling.
- Identify computer compatibility issues using the latest technologies throughout every step of the process from ordering to installation during server upgrades.
- Create effective documentation for IT projects that improve customer satisfaction and experience with new technology implementations and policies/standards compliance within a large corporation.
Laptop Technician Resume Sample 2
- Restored fourteen business laptops to full functionality after hard drive failures and other hardware malfunctions.
- Designed and implemented company laptop replacement program; saved $10,000 over four months by opening an account with a wholesale distributor.
- Conducted extensive research on computer hardware and software and published findings in monthly newsletter.
- Translated technical specifications for several product lines from English to German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Greek, Swedish, Dutch and Norwegian.
- Modified custom graphics software to meet marketing department needs; conducted all necessary tests as required by the marketing team prior to release of new products.
Laptop Technician Resume Sample 3
- Repaired customer’s laptop by replacing the cooling fans after overheating was detected.
- Performed preventative maintenance on laptops to extend their useful lives including hard drive replacement for optimal performance.
- Instructed customers in the use of laptops and peripheral devices, demonstrating proper techniques for moving computers to avoid damaging hardware.
- Diagnosed issues with customer product within 2 minutes diagnosing it as a faulty motherboard; described process of diagnosis and repair to customer.
- Completed many repairs, saving over $1600 in costs for replacements, plus fixed previously unfixable problems without charge or time limit.
Laptop Technician Resume Sample 4
- Troubleshot complex hardware and software issues to recreate problems in a safe environment. Performed all tasks up to the technical support team, including basic system maintenance.
- Received certification with Apple after completing advanced courses for Mac troubleshooting, data recovery, operating system installation, and diagnostic tools.
- Provided technical support for six months of graphic arts workstation administration at a small company producing high-end commercial artwork.
- Mentored five trainees on laptop computer components, cable management techniques, SSD upgrades, thermal paste application methods, and solid state drive cloning procedures.
- Trained three new technicians in business practices by teaching the importance of accuracy when diagnosing customer problems over the phone.
Laptop Technician Resume Sample 5
- Repaired over 40 laptop computers.
- Performed preventative maintenance on 6 workstations.
- Prevented potential system failure for 15 employees by conducting routine cleanings and diagnostics of equipment.
- Conduct professional presentations before regional manager, department director, and executive staff to solve issues related to equipment performance, customer satisfaction, technical security, and accounting policies; recognized in the Annual Review for outstanding Customer Service Achievement.
- Identified malfunction in touchscreen lighting system; replaced defective part in under 30 minutes allowing convention goers to proceed uninterruptedly with convention activities.
Laptop Technician Resume Sample 6
- Performed timely diagnosis, repair, testing, and documentation of 20-30 Laptops each day.
- Troubleshooted hardware issues on over 500 Laptops ranging from power on to boot failure.
- Achieved certification as Microsoft Technician after passing the final exam with a score above 90%.
- Oversaw installation of memory upgrades for up to 10 Laptops simultaneously.
- Provided technical assistance during computer classes by resolving teacher’s questions or demonstrating basic functions of software applications.
Laptop Technician Resume Sample 7
- Fixed computer completely that would not turn on.
- Troubleshooted laptop hardware malfunctions and restored internal systems to an operational state.
- Offered free initial consultation, market survey, and time assessment of the client’s objectives; generated new business for future IT services.
- Removed customer’s previously installed PC viruses within 24 hours of notification at no cost by using safe mode.
- Installed software on customer’s desktop computer, taking care to avoid potential service conflicts with other applications used by client.
Laptop Technician Resume Sample 8
- Provide thorough knowledge and expertise in repairing laptops to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Achieve a perfect completion score of 100% on post-repair product evaluation for all completed repairs within deadline requirements.
- Cut down average repair time from 4 days to 1 day by 25%; recognized by the Regional Manager for superior performance; awarded bonus.
- Worked independently with little supervision to meet weekly quotas for laptop repairs; recognized as “go-to guy” in computer department when others experienced computers problems.
- Recognized as an expert in diagnosing and fixing common laptop monitor issues, including screen flickering, screen going black, and no display; learned techniques during four months of training and apprenticeship.
Laptop Technician Resume Sample 9
- Repaired and replaced motherboards in laptops in a timely manner; appreciated by supervisor for increasing efficiency and profits.
- Completed Apple training with 100% scores and received Apple certification.
- Troubleshot and resolved issues in hardware including DVD drives, speakers, batteries, AC adapters, keyboards, and touchpads.
- Invented process of reworking defective laptop cases to look brand new through polishing processes that prevented use of replacement parts from being necessary.
- Replaced hinge assemblies due to years of wear on all models of Lenovo ThinkPad T410’s within the allotted time frame for completion.
Laptop Technician Resume Sample 10
- Successfully resolved issues with wireless connectivity, battery life, external monitor compatibility, and overall system stability.
- Maintained laptop performance by performing preventative maintenance tasks such as cleaning dust from the device.
- Achieved high customer satisfaction ratings after implementing textbook quality standards during troubleshooting process.
- Identified the cause of a failing motherboard as faulty hardware that was causing blue screens of death; rebuilt motherboard to ensure proper functionality.
- Upgraded memory for one customer to improve speed and responsiveness; upgraded another computer to increase storage capacity and graphics power.
Laptop Technician Resume Sample 11
- Recovered data from hard drive of laptop that had been dropped into water, preventing permanent loss of data.
- Completed requests in a timely manner to the satisfaction of customers by providing prompt assistance, diagnoses, and solutions.
- Repaired customer’s laptop screen which had been accidentally broken by another technician; won praise for Outstanding Repair Service.
- Resolved warranty issues with major business partners Dell and Apple to ensure compliance with contractual agreements.
- Identified environmental hazards that could potentially harm internal components during cleaning process to reduce damage due to spills or overheating.
To work as a laptop technician, you require a bachelor’s degree in computer science or its equivalent and an A+ certification. Laptop technicians must demonstrate technical skills, attention to detail, listening skills, customer relations skills, communication skills, organizational skills and troubleshooting skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.