Patient registrars collect and record patient information in a hospital or a clinic. Their duties include filing patient records, welcoming patients, recording patient information, collecting payment, training new employees and performing office duties such as answering phone calls.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Patient Registrar Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Patient Registrar resumes for your reference.
Patient Registrar Resume Sample 1
- Demonstrated excellence in patient registration and documentation. Regularly received positive remarks from physician and hospital staff.
- Team member that performed scheduled duties with punctuality, in a timely manner.
- Streamlined registers and formats. Performed proofreading activities such as patient histories and work order entries, in accordance with department guidelines.
- Excellent participation as a team player; often provided excellent suggestions that boosted efficiency of other team members while maintaining accuracy to ensure overall satisfaction of the department policies and procedures.
- Praised for ability to handle multiple projects; finished all assigned responsibilities on time.
Patient Registrar Resume Sample 2
- Proactively anticipated customer needs and professionally addressed their concerns; recognized by the Regional Manager for outstanding performance.
- Executed daily clerical tasks faithfully, resulting in an award as a top performer on several occasions and recognition as an All-Star.
- Adhered to established guidelines and procedures, demonstrating professionalism and accuracy in quality workmanship; earned appreciation as a call monitoring Superstar; effectively addressed the needs and concerns of customers while adhering to banks’ guidelines regarding authentication, disclosure, and customer service.
- Appraised as an All-Star; recognized by the Chief Executive Officer for outstanding performance.
Patient Registrar Resume Sample 3
- Provided in-person service to patients; updated patient charts, verified insurance coverage, and scheduled follow-up appointments.
- Processed patient applications for initial appointments; verified patients’ eligibility for services offered by the Center.
- Communicated with insurance carriers regarding grievance resolution and billing issues; maintained high level of accuracy on monthly reconciliation reports.
- Received award for outstanding performance; received compliment from Director on handling appointment conflicts with courtesy and professionalism.
- Received outstanding performance review from Director.
Patient Registrar Resume Sample 4
- Met a multitude of complex and challenging responsibilities for patient care as an employee of the hospital.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing quality care; effectively utilized Microsoft Excel during the hospital’s implementation of Electronic Health Records.
- Consistently demonstrated performance improvement; effectively maintained highest marks in the finance department for accuracy and thoroughness in data entry.
- Demonstrated commitment to clinical excellence; served as a quality improvement researcher, improving hospital processes and workflow to improve quality of care and patient satisfaction.
- Performed professional duties within information security requirements according to established HIPAA standards with demonstrated competency in implementing required security measures within the system.
Patient Registrar Resume Sample 5
- Demonstrated exceptional training and success as a “clinic care proxy;” demonstrated knowledge of procedure flow, ability to handle a variety of shift assignments, and ability to assist physicians in meeting patient needs.
- Assisted specialists in obtaining accurate lab test results; made sure that the final diagnosis was correct according to physician orders.
- Maintained documentation files for all appointments; effectively utilized computer information technology including word processing programs, spreadsheets and databases.
- Organized materials in filing cabinets; updated files or other documents based on instructions, memorandums and verbal direction from supervisors or colleagues.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with hospital database maintenance; maintained database information regarding admissions, discharges, and patient treatments.
Patient Registrar Resume Sample 6
- Accurately transcribed all patient records; took initiative to ensure that transcription of medical charts was completed accordingly to the hospitals’ Health Information Management System (HIMMS) coding standards.
- Proactively scheduled appointments as necessary to meet patients’ needs; provided outstanding service and care while maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Participated in the annual company training program; enrolled in 4-6 hour classes in order to become proficient with the new software system.
- Accurately completed regulatory and legal documentation, resulting in maintaining HIPAA compliance within the hospital. Answered inquiries regarding both Medicaid and Medicare for our state’s government agencies.
- Attended and participated in the company’s internal and external medical professional development programs.
Patient Registrar Resume Sample 7
- Received a positive appraisal rating from the Administrator of the clinic.
- Performed the duties of a student receptionist.
- Accomplished 100% accuracy in data entry as a patient registration clerk in two consecutive shifts over two weeks while receiving 15 minutes to enter patient information on three forms during each shift.
- Correctly completed a four-page application with information such as addresses, phone numbers, and dates of birth for 87% accuracy.
- Accomplished 100% accuracy in data entry as a patient call-back operator with 20 minutes to complete three call-backs on three forms within one day while receiving 15 minutes to enter patient information on three forms during each shift.
Patient Registrar Resume Sample 8
- Received recognition for excellent customer service and earned commendation for quality review; effectively maintained and organized paper files.
- Produced reports, submitted monthly statistical reports, performed monthly audit of patient records, especially those filed by the Patient Service Representatives.
- Recognized by warehouse staff as a supervisor with above expectations in leading others; handled various sensitive documents.
- Achieved third-party review of organization’s internal controls and procedures; analyzed company’s record-keeping systems to determine weaknesses that put patient information at risk of fraud like identity theft.
- Introduced and implemented new patient registration process.
Patient Registrar Resume Sample 9
- Registered more than 100 patients in less than one hour; recognized by the admitting and department managers for outstanding performance.
- Above average in maintaining emergency room patient flow; averaged 30 minutes to receive treatment, transfer, and discharge.
- Ensured quick registration by completing forms within minutes; met and exceeded expectations of surgeons and health care professionals.
- Processed patients’ insurance information within established time frames; provided patients with status regarding their insurance coverage.
- Coordinated health care providers’ schedules for hospitals/clinics located in five states based on acuity level of patients’ illnesses/injuries.
Patient Registrar Resume Sample 10
- Maintained medical records for doctors and patients according to HIPAA guidelines, created physician’s appointment reminders, and consistently met deadlines.
- Launched a 13-facility electronic record system; successfully orchestrated all aspects of the system’s implementation and training, while increasing productivity by 15% in the first year.
- Achieved recognition as the top employee; achieved honor roll levels of excellence based on customer service satisfaction ratings by patients.
- Received quality award for ensuring accuracy of patient information. Consistently demonstrated exceptional attention to detail which resulted in 100% accurate file documentation.
- Received excellent rating on patient satisfaction surveys.
Patient Registrar Resume Sample 11
- Worked as a Patient Registrar for 4 years and learned the ins and outs of the hospital including proper dress code and decorum.
- Registered 1,000 patients within 60 days; earned appreciation for exceeding goals by 25%.
- Received outstanding quality award; performed patient intake according to PQRS and NCQA standards.
- Achieved certification as a Bay Area Quality Leader in patient care (CAHPS).
- Completed hospital training on time with less than 0.25% error rate; showed proficiency in classifying files, answering phone calls, transferring calls, receiving patients during visits and registering patients quickly.
Patient Registrar Resume Sample 12
- Documented, analyzed, and maintained patient demographic information for statistical reports.
- Completed letters and files for physicians and other physicians in the specialty; organized patient data relating to billing.
- Exceeded monthly goals for registration by more than 300% (% based on annual goal); exceeded national average % by %.
- Took responsibility for distributing test materials while maintaining confidentiality of study participants; effectively executed network commands using Cisco 831 router/firewall.
- Demonstrated strong leadership qualities as a member of the research team; monitored and resolved network system errors.
To work as a patient registrar, you require a bachelor’s degree in patient information and certification by the American Health Management Information Association (AHMIA). Patient registrars must demonstrate excellent communication skills, customer relations skills, organizational skills, listening skills, interpersonal skills, attention to detail and time management skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.