An IT support analyst helps customers solve software and hardware problems both in-person and remotely. They respond to requests and questions, offer solutions and support, record data and conversations, make adjustments to hardware and software, develop guides for common problems, and analyze recurring issues.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best IT Support Analyst Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real IT Support Analyst resumes for your reference.
IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 1
- Accurately diagnosed, completed and implemented the installation of hardware and software.
- Accurately completed, documented, and tested PC upgrades and other PC and system administration tasks.
- Accurately documented software installations.
- Accurately identified security issues on MS Windows Server 2008 R2/2008/2003 environment; developed and implemented resolution for issues as appropriate. Delivered all work within a time frame specified by the IT Director or project supervisor in accordance with established deadlines.
- Successfully completed all procedures outlined during problem determination, troubleshooting methods, and problem resolution.
IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 2
- Created and maintained documentation for all technical support staff.
- Effectively interviewed, hired and trained technical staff.
- Assisted in data management; established policies and procedures for storage, retrieval, and distribution of technology equipment.
IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 3
- Increased productivity by 30%; provided 24/7 coverage for internal systems.
- Introduced new method for tracking IT inventory; developed software program that integrated with ERP system.
- Developed policy and procedures to address security and storage issues.
- Provided quality customer service, resolving issues in a timely manner; received appreciation award for 1 st quarter performance.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance; addressed concerns of users and helped them use the software effectively to complete tasks by providing instructions in a courteous manner.
IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 4
- Analyzed data according to computer network specifications for troubleshooting and repair; reported on malfunctions and their causes.
- Assisted in the implementation of new technology; designed a new procedure to standardize the handling of client data.
- Mentored junior staff members to ensure accurate and efficient processes; assisted in expanding business opportunities through increased customer satisfaction.
- Trained new employees on computer systems’ inner workings; instructed them on how to analyze, revise, and deploy new systems effectively.
- Decreased time required to complete reports by 40%; saved firm over $15,000 annually; recognized as a top performer who consistently meets or exceeds all expectations in all areas of job performance.
IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 5
- Increased office productivity and improved sales and customer service by sharing computer tips with others.
- Formed an online community that quickly resolved numerous computer-related problems.
- Expertly diagnosed, configured, and repaired Microsoft Windows-based desktops, laptops, and servers.
- Began a project that resulted in the creation of a network file server; demonstrated outstanding success in meeting management’s expectations while exceeding all budget projections by more than 40%.
- Developed an innovative system to automatically back up files to CDROMs; saved the company thousands of dollars in tape media costs and helped lower licensing fees for backup software.
IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 6
- Answered file-transfer requests; performed database backups and database maintenance.
- Participated with the development of a new database application that was successfully rolled out to the entire company.
- Advised departments regarding network problems and successfully worked with an outside vendor to resolve network issues.
- Received outstanding quality award; participated in the development of a new feature that improved customer service.
- Received quality award for resolving customer service issues on a high level within 30 days.
IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 7
- Effectively provided phone support for about 40-50 diverse client accounts.
- Served as the technical lead for a team of four analysts, providing specialized consulting on all facets of modern technology, including database management systems, network design and implementation, and web site maintenance.
- Performed quality assurance monitoring on all client projects.
- Achieved award as a call monitoring Superstar; effectively addressed the needs and concerns of customers while adhering to client guidelines regarding authentication, disclosure, and customer service.
- Achieved award for outstanding quality, accuracy and consistency of work.
IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 8
- Experienced in troubleshooting computer hardware and software issues.
- Capable of resolving user issues when working with application software, operating systems, and other required system configurations.
- Documented resolution of problems and resolutions in a manner that created retention for future reference by others.
- Handled multiple tasks by efficiently scheduling workload based on criticality and importance to the organization producing a significant positive impact in cost savings.
- Used listening skills to identify root cause of problems or issues; presented solutions to technical support customers effectively and efficiently.
IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 9
- Configured and installed SharePoint 2010, 2011 and 2012 services.
- Installed and configured Windows 2008 R2 Terminal Server equally to include Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, Windows 10 and Office 2016.
- Installed and configured Windows Server 2008 (R2) with .NET 4.0.
- Installed/configured Active Directory for domain level approvals in accordance with guidelines for website design.
- Provisioned systems for server maintenance to include virus check, system backup, file scanning/installation of latest software patches and configurations.
IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 10
- Maintained data and other information stored digitally; kept relay logs, itemized legal notice and important digital data files to ensure continued functioning of the system.
- Initiated corrective actions to eliminate data loss or corruption; communicated with vendor and other IT staff in areas of computer, network and software support.
- Recognized for exceptional performance as a team member; formally assigned as a lead troubleshooter inside the company.
- Participated in daily operational meetings, including monthly progress reports for senior managers; wrote reports for strategic goals, detailed accomplishments and completed project deliverables with satisfactory results.
- Issued electronic signatures to company documents ensuring timely submission of invoices.
IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 11
- Managed the daily operations of e-mail and data retrieval from various Internet sites. Effectively transferred and maintained data on database.
- Achieved recognition for outstanding customer service as a member of an integrated help desk/troubleshooting team; developed effective solutions regarding audio/visual and computer hardware issues.
- Earned outstanding performance awards for resolving difficult problems within limited time frames; recognized by supervisors and peers as an expert in computer software programs.
- Presented innovative solutions that positively impacted organizational efficiencies.
- Received award for high achievement; recognized by the IT Director for developing specialized software applications to address company’s needs.
IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 12
- Able to troubleshoot desktop and laptop computer hardware problems.
- Received award for inventing new methods in enforcing software licensing agreements.
- Developed and proposed a plan to enhance security of business data.
- Recognized for outstanding work in the areas of software testing and maintenance.
- Awarded for planning a new security system that prevented theft of proprietary information.
IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 13
- Was instrumental in the recovery of a data center after a natural disaster; worked with on site operations teams, vendors and management to ensure continuity of operations and performance.
- Resolved an issue that kept the company from complying with new federal regulations regarding electronic reporting for Social Security Numbers. (Saved the company $25 million in fines.)
- Installed over 2000 desktop computers and five hundred notebook computers; trained end users in basic operation and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshot over twelve thousand network problems daily; reduced downtime while identifying/remediating problems.
- Received compliments from senior executives for providing efficient and reliable service to all users.
IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 14
- Resolved computer and network problems.
- Supported SharePoint Foundation 2010 and upgraded the existing SharePoint 2010 environment.
- Maintained IT workstation and all applications running smoothly.
- Built a quick reporting application, which was used for assessing the health of equipment downtimes, as well as to keep track of daily tasks.
- Trained new employees on SharePoint 2010, which resulted in decreased time to complete training by 70 percent.
IT support analysts do not need to have higher education to fulfill their role, but many positions require extensive experience with certain online platforms and applications. These workers must be solution-oriented, experienced in troubleshooting, willing to help, innovative, critical thinkers, customer-service based, and familiar with data logging.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best IT Support Analyst Resume Samples
- IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 1
- IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 2
- IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 3
- IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 4
- IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 5
- IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 6
- IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 7
- IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 8
- IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 9
- IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 10
- IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 11
- IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 12
- IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 13
- IT Support Analyst Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up