A Pipeline Operator is responsible for controlling the flow of minerals, oil, and natural gas in a refinery or manufacturing facility. Their duties include managing flow of minerals, maintaining infrastructure, utilizing heavy equipment, advising on safety protocol, ensuring standards, and managing personnel.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Pipeline Operator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Pipeline Operator resumes for your reference.
Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 1
- Supported operation and maintenance of a pipeline network served by over 400 oil, gas, and associated production wells.
- Installed, tested and repaired pumps, valves, meters, flow monitors, pressure gauges and other instrumentation of pipeline infrastructure.
- Transferred projects from low volume to high volume; achieved 86% job completion rate for the year.
- Identified necessary equipment repairs; initiated repairs on pump systems and assisted in shutdown/start up procedure.
- Recognized for completing a project in less than 30 days; assisted in signing off on completion.
Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 2
- Resolved customer complaints in a timely manner. Identified the nature of the complaint, determined the cause of the defect, and delivered an effective solution to resolve the issue.
- Reduced customer wait time from 20 minutes to less than 5 minutes by providing status updates via customer service intercom.
- Set a new company record for lowest number of customer complaints during one year.
- Rewired 8 miles (13 km) of buried electrical lines without causing loss of electrical power or interruption to call center communication; rerouted phone base stations and cable television lines through existing pipes underground, above ground, and within buildings.
- Constructed multiple irrigation systems for farmers, farm workers, and ranchers with minimal disruption to local inhabitants.
Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 3
- Performed and completed assigned tasks without injury.
- Helped maintain a tight labor force to improve productivity of the operation.
- Allowed for smooth operations of the operations department at work sites or campsites.
- Received rate increase and promotion to supervisor by completed tenth of twelve required safety improvement projects.
- Signed 10 year employment contract with the company, now working with their sons as a “father-son team.
Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 4
- Performed maintenance and repairs on equipment, facilities, and other items on a daily basis through the installation, equipment operation, and repair of equipment.
- Effectively demonstrated ability to communicate with coworkers over all aspects of the job.
- Achieved participation in all main-line maintenance and repair competitions for the company; led repair efforts for corporate sites across the country.
- Realized own potential as an instrument repair specialist upon completion of repairs under guidance of a supervisor; required no supervision on new assignment.
- Taught self-learning, tool-use, and safety practices through participation in mutual-aid organizations.
Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 5
- Reorganized on-going pipe repairs, increasing the efficiency of repair work.
- Redesigned and implemented maintenance procedures to enhance the efficiency of staff; received recognition for outstanding performance.
- Helped obtain $125,000 in funding for new equipment; recognized by the Board for outstanding performance.
- Improved production rates by implementing new equipment and procedures to increase efficiency of field operations.
- Recognized by other co-workers as an excellent project supervisor, fostering a positive working environment through teamwork and innovative solutions to plumbing problems.
Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 6
- Scheduled and scheduled activities for the maintenance department to provide quality service to the company’s customers.
- Performed daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual inspections in operating areas. Shifted production to accommodate scheduled activities.
- Monitored valve solenoid systems to ensure compressors were properly charged according to Operating Procedure (OP) 321-6-14-4 Revision A.
- Received award for outstanding contributions toward excellence in maintaining steam heat operations; recognized by the Vice President of Operations for outstanding performance.
- Achieved commendation for outstanding service; received award for efficiency in maintaining steam heat operations.
Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 7
- Responsibly inspected, tested, and monitored pipeline integrity and flow rates.
- Performed repairs and reroutings in accordance with utility system guidelines; ensured pipeline safety by following safety procedures.
- Achieved outstanding customer service rating by addressing customer concerns per their needs; also honored for quick response time for emergency situations (e.g., ruptured lines).
- Initiated the installation of high-pressure natural gas pipelines onto university campus; developed new negotiation techniques and obtained favorable pricing to benefit the university’s operating budget.
- Trained coworkers in the profession of pipeline repair by emphasizing personal responsibility, team cooperation, worker safety, exemplary performance results, and continuous learning.
Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 8
- Recognized for improved quality, reduced downtime, and increased productivity in switching facilities.
- Innovated pipeline relocation process after designing computer program to automatically convert existing drawings into new computer format.
- Provided technical support and training for computer system upgrades to branch offices in three states.
- Implemented software that could communicate with other utilities and increase efficiency during operations.
- Installed new program that insured integrity of all gas metering equipment by scanning meters remotely to insure accuracy of billing and security of pipelines.
Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 9
- Planned and directed pipeline operation projects.
- Inspected and repaired pipelines, valves, and pumps.
- Scheduled repairs to minimize customer disruption.
- Verified all work was completed to code.
- Met safety requirements and regulations by training managers, staff, and company personnel on all aspects of maintenance procedures.
Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 10
- Assisted in the coordination of maintenance crews for the identification and resolution of equipment malfunctions.
- Monitored pipeline operation to ensure efficiency, safety, and reliability to provide heating and cooling services to over 20 million homes in South Florida.
- Delivered above average quality of service by maintaining current certifications such as Certified Instrumentation Technician (CIT), Certified Energy Manager (North Carolina State University), and various Safety Certifications as required by company guidelines.
- Provided continuous support in prioritizing delivery schedules for industry leading customer satisfaction scores by fixing urgent problems before they become major production disruptions.
- Met short-term goals such as on-time delivery of replacement parts to Production Operations’ managers by maintaining an inventory of over 10,000 spare parts.
Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 11
- Ensured safe and efficient operation of the natural gas distribution system by operating and monitoring computer-based control systems, identifying and repairing non-operating units, and repairing leaks.
- Demonstrated exceptional skill by independently performing maintenance on large turbine driven pumps, motors, regulators, valves, heaters, switches; performed work that ranged from preventive maintenance to emergency repairs that included replacing electrical fixtures.
- Received recognition for completing a project on schedule to meet customer demand; had a goal of setting new company record for highest level of productivity in the period.
- Developed safety procedures that reduced hazardous gas emissions from pipeline system; developed thorough training program for employees on procedure use.
- Accomplished new goals for reduction of leak detection response time; set new high for miles of pipeline surveyed in a 30-day period.
Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 12
- Repaired and replaced leaky valves and cracked pipes.
- Installed and fixed new piping systems with precision.
- Corrected safety issues, such as debris in the unloading area of pumps; used adequate lifting devices to clear debris for pump flow.
- Received award for teamwork on project; designed a new piping system without a flaw in design or construction; manager praised entire team for exceptional achievement.
- Prevented well blowout from occurring during pressure adjustment by using accurate testing instruments to monitor well pressure prior to adjustment; independently refrained from adjusting well pressure due to danger.
While there are no educational requirements for working as a Pipeline Operator, many will belong to trade unions and have extensive knowledge of the risks associated with the position. Working as a Pipeline Operators requires grit, the desire to see a job done well, an adaptive nature, attention to detail, a love of minerals, experience working with their hands, a knowledge of industry, and skill working with large teams
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Pipeline Operator Resume Samples
- Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 1
- Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 2
- Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 3
- Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 4
- Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 5
- Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 6
- Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 7
- Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 8
- Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 9
- Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 10
- Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 11
- Pipeline Operator Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up