Pension administrators oversee the process of employees obtaining a pension plan until the employee changes jobs or passes away. Duties of a pension administrator include signing employees up for plans, explaining how plans work, disbursing payments when plan is over, transferring plans to spouses, transferring plans after a job change, and problem-solving any complaints customers have.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Pension Administrator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Pension Administrator resumes for your reference.
Pension Administrator Resume Sample 1
- Managed this office’s assets by determining the correct funding, asset allocation, and investment strategies.
- Reviewed individual and employer funded retirement plans.
- Supervised marketing director in implementing a successful pension plan membership campaign.
- Initiated a program to save over $200,000 in five years.
- Established new procedures and survey delivery systems to increase efficiency in delivering information on insurance products and services to clients.
Pension Administrator Resume Sample 2
- Coached, instructed, and supported pension administrators’ use of specific accounting procedures to accurately track the flow of transferred funds.
- Trained new employees to receive basic payroll data, input and update records quickly, accurately write checks, and ensure that all funds flow.
- Designed an efficient system to pay benefits on a timely basis; tracked all performance indicators on time such as w-2’s and 1099’s.
- Developed a unique set of industry-leading events for our company by creating a GPS event tracking software to allow for accurate event planning, registration for attendance in advance, and communication between participants in the event.
- Prioritized and accomplished seven critical, simultaneous projects during the Christmas season, ensuring that all customers received their benefits on time.
Pension Administrator Resume Sample 3
- Experienced and trained under a team of over 50 personnel to provide transition and technical support supporting the Systems Administrator.
- Anchored the manager’s monthly staff meeting while providing articulate, constructive criticism; successfully presented weekly Supervisory Review to Management.
- Optimized internal support systems while creating applications, interfaces, and visual interfaces using Excel, Access, and VBScript.
- Proactively participated in the planning of long-term strategic goals; considered overall issues relating to system design; recommended modifications to existing systems based on real-time data analysis regarding system performance.
- Coordinated, prepared, and presented training sessions for users from various departments; prepared detailed documentation regarding modifications.
Pension Administrator Resume Sample 4
- Enhanced accuracy of the pension accounting system by developing and implementing training protocols across the organization.
- Spearheaded the design of a tool that effectively reduces annual insurance agency audit expenses; recognized by the client for outstanding achievement.
- Championed the development and implementation of a data migration method that resulted in bandwidth savings and volume reduction.
- Capably designed and developed secure, reliable, scalable formal systems that handle sensitive data for over 50 million accounts; recognized by client as an outstanding project manager.
- Designed an innovative data retrieval system to collect account information from multiple sources to ensure comprehensive account analysis; honored with Celebrated Customer Service Award for Excellence in Information Technology.
Pension Administrator Resume Sample 5
- Administered over $3 billion dollars in pension assets to 36,500 beneficiaries; required extensive analytical skills and long-term attention to detail.
- Calculated pension entitlements for employees with extremely complex histories of employment within thousands of corporate divisions.
- Processed monthly administrative reports, profit sharing, and forfeited insurance contracts.
- Coordinated corporate mergers with data management operations.
- Worked closely with senior partners, management consultants, and auditors relating to investment procedures and portfolio analysis.
Pension Administrator Resume Sample 6
- Administered pension plan and worked with the corporate controller to manage and control expenses.
- Identified, reviewed, and adopted new policies to ensure compliance with FRS, ADPPS, and CERCLA regulations.
- Designed and implemented cost reduction strategies that saved employers nearly $500,000 annually on investments, insurance premiums, and other associated expenses.
- Reviewed accumulated investment data monthly to ensure prudent allocation of funds; developed a monthly budget that reflected current market conditions.
- Restructured the company’s business model by negotiating a 15% decrease in liabilities resulting in the elimination of a profit-sharing plan for all employees. Future projections validate savings projections for the next two years.
Pension Administrator Resume Sample 7
- Managed every aspect of the company’s $9 million pension program.
- Trained and guided five underwriters in processing customer requests, claims, and premium payments.
- Aided customers regarding options for voluntary retirement, disability, supplemental life insurance, and long-term care insurance.
- Supervised employees in the handling of customer account transfers to other companies.
- Tracked unclaimed assets during a merger with a competitor company (providing new business).
Pension Administrator Resume Sample 8
- Processed typical pension monthly payments for over 1,000 retired individuals and couples.
- Handled more than $80 million in pension payments during one December alone.
- Delivered accurate, prompt service to clients; resolved any problems before they become critical.
- Did not need assistance from others when addressing the financial concerns of clients.
- Won Customer Service Award for high accuracy rate and pleasant phone demeanor.
Pension Administrator Resume Sample 9
- Audited pension files and determined appropriate tax implications to customers.
- Provided pension counseling, challenged clients to preserve and grow their families’ estates.
- Achieved highest honors at annual employee seminar and was promoted to Assistant Manager; facilitated transfer of knowledge concerning benefits, health insurance, investments, and estate planning.
- Installed new computerized accounting program; effectively managed bi-weekly settlements while maintaining a positive customer rapport.
- Contributed an accurate cost analysis for Company-sponsored Health Care Plan; saved Company $15K per year in health care costs by implementing changes in procedure.
Pension Administrator Resume Sample 10
- Managed the design and implementation of company pension plan.
- Acted as liaison between company and Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation regarding the options for pension funding; advised company of liability exposures and managed funding requirements.
- Trained new hires in areas of pension plan administration.
- Worked with executives to review personal benefit budgets and managed a portfolio valued at $288 million during management of pension plans for the Chief Executive Officer and other executive levels within multiple corporations.
- Offered training to agents, brokers, and customers regarding employers’ contribution plans, unique retirement investment accounts, tax reduction strategies, asset management, and employee healthcare insurance options for medical coverage.
Pension Administrator Resume Sample 11
- Coordinated and processed retirement and medical claims to meet regulatory guidelines within the defined benefit plan.
- Substantiated questionable claims relating to union and state regulations whilst establishing clear documentation requirements for business processes.
- Developed new systems for monitoring, auditing, and allowable benefit reserve calculations; updated existing manuals for consistency.
- Worked with government experts to develop a new enterprise resource planning (ERP) system that incorporated all previous databases throughout the company.
- Received two quality awards and monetary bonuses in recognition of development, initiation, and control of several processes pivotal to the long-term success of the company’s ERP system.
Pension Administrator Resume Sample 12
- Revised pension policies by developing and presenting workshops to 200 sales associates and managers, which after being implemented, led to a 15% increase in sales and a positive response from customers regarding new pension features.
- Secured 10 new and increased 50 existing accounts for my client’s group insurance plan.
- Conducted member surveys for stateside and overseas branches. Analyzed results to establish a better relationship with both employer and employees.
- Transformed the company’s group insurance program from “good” to “outstanding” by focusing on benefits that made the program a cut above the competition.
- Received quality award for my client’s life insurance program due to my employee productivity, which I have maintained for five years running.
To work as a pension administrator, you must have a bachelor’s degree in fields related to business and prior experience in insurance-based roles. Pension administrators must demonstrate skills in communication, customer service, patience, organization, time management, dependability, and attention to detail.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.