A Medical Records Technician is responsible for organizing and managing patients’ health informational data. They confirm paperwork is filled out properly, validate accuracy and accessibility of files, keep files secure, communicate with physicians or other healthcare professionals about diagnoses or other information, transfer data from doctor’s notes into permanent records, maintain electronic health records databases and analyze electronic data.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Medical Records Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Medical Records Technician resumes for your reference.
Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 1
- Met deadlines by establishing daily work flow, including prioritizing tasks.
- Adapted to changes in technology (e.g., computer software programs, electronic filing), continually studying to improve efficiency.
- Rewrote medical policy manual into user-friendly language to educate both new and seasoned employees.
- Established standard of performance required for Medical Records Technicians after measuring work loads of peers following completion of 8-month training program.
- Promoted alternative medication delivery system by establishing flu clinic after studying diverse cultural values involving flu shots and injections presented by community members at a “town hall” meeting.
Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 2
- Processed medical records in compliance with applicable state, federal, and local statutes.
- Provided customer service via telephone, email, face to face discussions, and written correspondence to patients and medical professionals.
- Completed data entry of patient information in a timely manner at various times throughout the year; designated by Regional Manager as an “Outstanding Team Player.”
- Received thank-you cards from patients; recognized for outstanding performance by Social Services Director.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance of duty; received Superior Rating on Interpreter Evaluation.
Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 3
- Coordinated filing and retrieval of confidential medical records.
- Managed and maintained storage facility for sensitive records.
- Encoded and transcribed medical reports per physician instructions.
- Processed referrals and clearances for receiving medical records from outlying treating facilities.
- Recognized by hospital management for streamlining operations to provide more efficient service to the patients and staff of the hospital.
Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 4
- Advanced high school transcript system by creating a new file folder template for the file room, saving over $2,500 in replacement costs.
- Managed appointments of five primary care physicians with exception customer satisfaction rating.
- Created new medical record filing system for one of the busiest primary care offices in Texas; contributed to consistent customer satisfaction rating.
- Presented ideas on patient portal website design at hospital-wide meeting that lead to financial increase in patient portal revenue.
- Brought new technological equipment into medical practice adding to an increase in net profit of 30%.
Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 5
- Researched and analyzed medical information for accurate and expedient record keeping; ensured proper coding and compliance.
- Supervised multiple staff in preparation of physician’s reports for case management, medical records, and billing.
- Served as a team player in addressing emergency issues; contributed to emergency shut down procedures when member of Hazmat was unavailable.
- Organized and maintained database; addressed patient record requests within one hour of request despite volume and turnover rate of patients.
- Accurately accepted and documented patients’ insurance payments; responded to questions regarding charges, payments, coverage, claims, out-of-network testing facilities, procedure codes.
Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 6
- Determined and analyzed relevant data to formulate and maintain office records system working collaboratively with all departments.
- Maintained office systems; sifted through massive volume of records to find and input data into database accurately.
- Kept records accurate by reviewing, filing, and updating the appropriate manner.
- Established means of maintaining order, efficiency, and security for the Physician’s Trust computer system.
- Coordinated efforts involving multiple departments so that time was utilized efficiently and effectively for creation and maintenance of final product.
Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 7
- Aided in the management of records, information, and communication systems for a physician’s office.
- Increased office productivity by telephone communication with insurance companies within the state.
- Informed medical billing staff of changes to our local Medicaid billing system.
- Provided assistance to multiple physicians by providing electronic filing and retrieval services.
- Performed additional clerical duties, including interrupting appointments to assist in filling prescriptions and scheduling follow-up appointments.
Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 8
- Provided exemplary customer service through phone contact with patients, physicians, insurance providers, and outside agencies.
- Efficiently completed daily tasks by utilizing front line skills to accurately enter information into computer database.
- Demonstrated effective supervisory skills by training new employees.
- Developed a “family-like” atmosphere by becoming personally involved with team members’ personal problems.
- Developed morale by organizing monthly recreational activities for all employees.
Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 9
- Processed medical charts, transcribed dictated reports, and maintained medical information computerized to ensure accuracy. Provided telephone, fax, and e-mail services to patients to answer questions about their medical conditions.
- Maintained patient confidentiality by following HIPAA, state, county, and hospital guidelines for records management.
- Met at the local hospital with the CEO for a private meeting on how to cut costs using more efficient technology for handling electronic charts; implemented changes that resulted in cutting over 35% of budgeted personnel costs.
- Became certified as an EMR (Electronic Medical Records) Specialist through the state government National Certification Board.
- Provided on-site training on the “revolutionary new” technology to hospital administration, delivery of medication to patients, and first level of nursing staff.
Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 10
- Managed documentation of Medical Billing, completing available tasks within established time frames, while maintaining professionalism within the office.
- Maintained departmental equipment inventory. Tracked and ordered replacement equipment. Ensured that all medical records were stored in a safe, secure environment.
- Consistently completed daily tasks to ensure files were stored in a manner that prevented damage or loss. Overcame obstacles regarding the use of outdated storage methods to keep medical records intact and available to authorized personnel for reference purposes.
- Initiated outbound calls to verify monthly insurance coverage for patients prior to hospitalization.
- Recognized by management to show commitment and team-work.
Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 11
- Attended a three month training course for medical records technicians at a local hospital.
- Collected and maintained vital information regarding patients’ conditions including allergies, drug use, medical conditions, insurance coverage, mental state of family members or visitors to each patient.
- Graduated with honors from an eighteen month program for clerical-administrative personnel.
Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 12
- Demonstrated medical and technical knowledge and skills by completing daily assigned tasks and departmental goals.
- Achieved recognition for administrative excellence; promoted by peers and medical professionals for dedication to the objectives of the department.
- Actively participated in hospital-wide emergency preparedness drills; awarded for professionalism, cooperation, and assistance to the emergency response team.
- Earned appreciation as a role model of compliance with health care laws; consistently supported HIPAA rules, regulations, and guidelines.
- Merited recognition award for outstanding service in a time of crisis; exhibited job specific knowledge in handling a patient’s death in a compassionate manner while fulfilling legal requirements.
Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 13
- Met and exceeded regulatory and quality control standards, including the accuracy and completeness of medical records which were then delivered to physicians for review.
- Handled high volumes of daily workflow efficiently; timely, accurate, and efficient filing / retrieving of medical / billing records.
- Provided exemplary customer service; problem solved, transferred calls within organization as needed to satisfy customers.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance; maintained an exceptional record of open documentation completeness without error or record loss.
- Received Outstanding Quality Award for document retrieval and accuracy.
A medical records technician position requires a certificate in medical technology or complete and associate’s degree in medical technology or health information management. They must have computer, communication, organizational, time management and written skills, have attention to detail and exhibit professionalism.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Medical Records Technician Resume Samples
- Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 1
- Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 2
- Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 3
- Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 4
- Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 5
- Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 6
- Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 7
- Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 8
- Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 9
- Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 10
- Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 11
- Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 12
- Medical Records Technician Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up