Development Assistant are people involved in contacting and developing relationships with donors and sponsors and in creating grant programs. Their main duties include managing relationships with current and prospective donors, researching ways to bring in additional funds, tracking philanthropic requests, bolstering membership, overseeing the production of the annual report, creating, updating, and maintaining press kits and media materials.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Development Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Development Assistant resumes for your reference.
Development Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Supervised support staff of over 100 volunteers at the WNBA foundation.
- Trained volunteers to use Microsoft Office suite, customer service, and WordPress.
- Managed all direct mailings for the foundation utilizing MailChimp and Constant Contact.
- Create public relations campaigns for Nia Long, Maya Moore, and Tina Charles with media outlets such as ESPN WNBA Report, NBC’s Today Show, VH1’s Basketball Wives LA, Entertainment Tonight.
- Organized all programs for Tina Charles’ Proclamations Ceremony held in New York City presenting her with key to the city from Mayor Bill de Blasio on February 29th 2017.
Development Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Assisted the Director of Advancement in researching information for donors by gathering information from alumni.
- Worked with staff to develop a comprehensive loyalty program for donors.
- Developed an automated email system to send reminders to alumni about planned giving events.
- Worked with staff in creating a print and web publication profiling donor stories, achievements, and their impact on current students.
- Developed a scholarship contest for students to encourage the pursuit of higher education.
Development Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Maintained office files, supplies, and equipment for three offices.
- Accurately performed clerical procedures for three companies.
- Created accounting systems to monitor the business activities of two companies.
- Worked at several different locations during one week vacation to learn how to work in the field.
- Learned how to handle irate customers. Defended company cause in arbitration against dissatisfied customer during air-traffic controller training seminar.
Development Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Supervised clerical staff; prepared and submitted monthly report.
- Maintained calendar, records, and various office equipment.
- Scheduled and oversaw staff conferences and training sessions.
- Responsible for providing construction supervision/management support to the supervisor.
- Organized complex administrative records; maintained office space; simplified office processes and procedures; archived and maintained historical records of the office’s attorney-client communications.
Development Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Introduced a new computerized software system to increase efficiency of the Development Section, reducing processing time from 8 days to 4.5 hours.
- Handled a large volume of telephone calls and correspondence; provided reports to the Development Manager identifying trends and tracking opportunities.
- Created an efficient system for handling incoming mail; identified areas for improvement, resolving issues to maintain efficient delivery service.
- Contributed to department by working weekends and evenings; received appreciation award for exceptional work ethic by Development Manager.
- Gained recognition for achieving 100% collection rate on overdue accounts; developed unique collection strategy, increasing sales by 20%.
Development Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Assisted in managing communication, scheduling, and coordinating events.
- Managed incoming calls to ensure that they were accurately answered within the requested time frame.
- Managed procedures that ensured communication between employee, management, employee benefits office, and associate benefits office.
- Effectively addressed concerns and/or issues raised by associates.
- Implemented procedures to improve the productivity of the front desk/reception department.
Development Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Actively participated in the organization and implementation of a number of community programs.
- Developed a record of dependability and reliability by assuming numerous responsibilities.
- Brought to the attention of management issues which needed to be resolved by developing, implementing, and evaluating solutions.
- Actively participated in committees for employee relations, budgeting, and planning.
- Took initiative to coordinate activities between organizations.
Development Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Organized government grant applications, grant proposals, and grant awards; represented agency in grant process; prepared grant reports for congressional oversight.
- Maintained task request lists for various departments to provide employees with timely requirements.
- Coordinated document releases of new equipment purchase orders with the purchasing department.
- Interacted with constituency representatives on issues ranging from funding to rules, regulations, and policies impacting agencies’ programs.
- Participated in congressional inquiries and testified on behalf of the agency before congressional committees on sensitive topics affecting the country’s security.
Development Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Performed clerical functions for the Domestic Policy Department.
- Trained new employees to professional standards during orientation by providing clear directions, conducting role-plays, and helping with individualized training.
- Developed active writing skills through assigned projects and written reports.
- Assisted in the development of administrative procedures and policies that serve the policy goals of the Domestic Policy Department.
- Managed several transition projects involving reorganization and relocation of office staff, equipment, facilities, and furniture.
Development Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Performed multiple duties without supervision.
- Trained to the level of supervisor, with additional responsibility for department tasks.
- Formed professional relationships with supervisors by consistently meeting set goals.
- Initiated changes, implemented policies, and managed department budget to produce quality results.
- Maintained good personal hygiene by displaying a sense of humor at work.
Development Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Met department goals by generating a 22% increase in new memberships.
- Aided in the preparation of the yearly budget for a volunteer-based non-profit organization.
- Key participant in the development and implementation of the organization’s new branding strategy.
- Introduced core strategies for attracting, educating, and enrolling new members via educational workshops, community outreach programs, and networking activities.
- Assisted with planning an annual fundraising event to acquire capital for department operations.
Development Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Assigned tasks to record the progress of annual projects in assigned departments.
- Assisted in preparing departmental budgets for external audits.
- Provided assistance to executive staff in the preparation of external presentations.
- Provided assistance to executive staff in the preparation of board of directors reports.
- Fostered teamwork with quality control personnel by providing quality service throughout the development process; offered creative suggestions for continuous improvement.
Development Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Managed multiple projects and clients; submitted daily reports to bosses and supervised accountants.
- Responsible for creating presentations, updating databases, and inputting data into spreadsheets.
- Performed adequate research and preparation of legal documents that were used as evidence in court proceedings.
- Dealt effectively with conflict situations; managed conflict tasks by maintaining good relationships with colleagues and the public.
- Recognized for exceptional performance at work; received award as “Outstanding Performance” from the regional office manager.
Development Assistant Resume Sample 14
- Assisted in the coordination of conference and conference products, ensuring proper distribution at conferences.
- Supervised staff to ensure timely delivery of conference materials.
- Managed multiple projects to ensure flexibility and reliability of conference organization.
- Developed project records, cost reports, and other documents.
- Anticipated changes in direction, preventing loss of work products due to unanticipated turnover.
To work as Development Assistant, you need a Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or similar field. Development Assistants must demonstrate strong writing abilities, attention to detail, excellent writing and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, networking, professionalism and strategic and computer skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Development Assistant Resume Samples
- Development Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Development Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Development Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Development Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Development Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Development Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Development Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Development Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Development Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Development Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Development Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Development Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Development Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Development Assistant Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up