An administrative office assistant provides office and clerical support for organizations. Duties include answering the phone, filing records, assisting management, assisting staff, assisting office visitors, scheduling meetings, ordering supplies, and making travel arrangements.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Administrative Office Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Administrative Office Assistant resumes for your reference.
Administrative Office Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Demonstrated expertise in handling a multi-line phone system and providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Processed high volume of work orders in a timely manner, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Proven track record of managing priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure under pressure and deal with difficult situations in a professional manner.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
Administrative Office Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Demonstrated quick and accurate data entry skills, as well as strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Answered multi-line phone system and directed calls appropriately; also took messages and relayed pertinent information to the appropriate individual.
- Managed and maintained office supplies inventory, ordering as necessary.
- Coordinated meeting schedules and room reservations; created agendas for monthly staff meetings.
- Wrote and distributed weekly departmental reports.
Administrative Office Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Provided administrative support for management team, including companywide training events.
- Demonstrated organizational talents in keeping office equipment and supplies at organized, adequate inventory levels.
- Promoted to Lead position; oversaw day-to-day operational activities of department; increased efficiency and productivity by 30% through streamlining procedures; ensured customer satisfaction by reducing information requests and inquiries.
- Conducted viewings on 100+ properties per month; maintained database listing customer preferences and requirements for new listings; executed business development strategies that lead to a 20% growth in annual revenue.
- Coordinated travel arrangements for all employees; used online resources such as websites, applications, interactive maps, etc.; successfully booked all airfare, rental cars, and hotel accommodations within budget.
Administrative Office Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Manage, screen, and distribute incoming calls.
- Organize travel arrangements for business trips domestically and internationally.
- Create and maintain PowerPoint presentations; organize international conferences between branches of business offices in USA and Japan.
- Developed an excellent telephone rapport with clients to reduce potential expenses during the bidding process.
- Proactively solve problems related to equipment malfunctioning within office environment; create emergency procedures to ensure smooth operations after power outage.
Administrative Office Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Drafted promotional mailings for distribution to over 400 potential customers.
- Displayed efficiency and diligence in administrative duties, completing records management tasks on schedule with 98% accuracy.
- Trained two new employees by conducting orientation sessions composed of discussion, demonstration, and hands-on practice.
- Provided support to executive staff by maintaining executive calendar, providing executive level administrative support (e.g., typing dictation), answering incoming calls, handling invitations for business functions, entering orders into company purchasing system, filing documents/updating databases; increasing efficiency within the office.
- Improved quality of work life by creating a more relaxed environment through organizing employee birthday parties complete with games and activities involving the entire office staff.
Administrative Office Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Act as the first point of contact for all visitors and telephone calls; screen and direct them to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain customer service by greeting customers; determine nature of request; offer refreshment and service.
- Acquired committed team members with strong work ethic and positive attitude, providing a healthy atmosphere to reduce stress and encourage high productivity.
- Improved organization strategies that increased accuracy on inputting data into the system; recognized by Supervisor who delegated more challenging tasks for advancement in duties.
- Gained comprehensive understanding of equipment used within the department after accompanying technicians to jobs for learning purposes.
Administrative Office Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational skills as evidenced by never having missed a deadline or fallen behind on work.
- Proven ability to work independently and take the initiative when necessary; frequently went above and beyond the call of duty.
- Exhibited an exceptional attention to detail, ensuring that all work was accurate and free of errors.
- Consistently received positive feedback from supervisors and co-workers alike for outstanding customer service skills.
- Earned a reputation as being a team player who was willing to lend a helping hand whenever needed.
Administrative Office Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Proven track record of successfully performing a variety of administrative and clerical duties for an office environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Professional experience in office procedures, customer service, and filing.
- Presented as a team leader at the Annual Company Picnic for successfully overseeing the Children’s Activities area.
Administrative Office Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Developed a new filing system which increased the office productivity by 25%.
- Received recognition from management for increasing customer service satisfaction through effective handling of phone messages and processing requests.
- Completed Quality Improvement Program two weeks ahead of schedule; received award from CEO for going the extra mile.
- Assisted VP to complete department head paperwork in record time, so as to allow all resources to be devoted back fully to production needs.
- Recognized as an innovator after developing a procedure that significantly reduced overhead costs by eliminating paper waste from expensive printers’ use.
Administrative Office Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Received a promotion to an office manager position after only 6 months on the job, due to my ability to handle difficult customer service inquiries and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Was responsible for all billing and collections activity for the company, including maintaining updated customer records and issuing invoices.
- Demonstrated exceptional organization skills by creating and implementing a new filing system that saved the company time and money.
- Was highly praised by management for my keen attention to detail and accuracy in all aspects of my work.
- Was consistently one of the top performers in my department, earning Employee of the Month honors on two occasions.
Education requirements include an associate degree in a related field and previous administrative experience. Skills to succeed include excellent typing skills, proficiency in office software, strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills, good telephone etiquette, good verbal and written communication skills, ability to follow directions, positive attitude, and good customer service skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.