A research associate works inside a laboratory setting to discover facts and information that could lead to new discoveries. Duties include operating laboratory equipment, securing supplies for experiments, implementing test plans using lab samples, analyzing data from experiments, updating personal records of daily activities and following safety procedures at all times. The top skills for this position are organization skills, communication skills, customer service skills, computer software proficiency, and laboratory skills. An advanced degree is required for this position in addition to certification in the field of expertise.
The Best Research Associate Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Research Associate resumes for your reference.
- Develop internal corporate plans & guidelines for individual cases/projects prepared for the lead engineer.
- Conduct independent research to verify, analyze, and evaluate facts for individual cases/projects.
- Daily tasks include but are not limited to: managing client appointments for lead engineers, coordination of lead engineer meetings, preparing lead engineers for meetings, and follow-up on meetings.
- Establish key partners within the relevant market as leverage to assist in data collection for the lead engineers.
- Preparing and organizing comprehensive research documents for live trial demonstrations, live oral depositions, and live presentations.
- Operate and maintain UPLC-MS-MS system and other laboratory equipment used in the analysis.
- Plan experimental work, collect and analyze plant samples and summarize results for potential publications.
- Participate in training graduate students and other laboratory personnel.
- Perform routine maintenance of a safe and appropriate laboratory environment, routine calibration, and maintenance of the instruments.
- Successfully identified potential research areas for advertisement clients and developed in-depth knowledge of this subject.
- Conducted legal research for clients and attorneys in many areas of civil law, such as estate planning, issues involving endangered species statutes, marital property agreements, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and acts of government speech.
- Composed various legal documents, including but not limited to: wills, community property judgments, responsive pleadings, responses to interrogatories, requests for admission, and motions for summary judgment.
- Managed and tracked the firm’s client and suit database, ensuring timelines and deadlines were adhered to.
- Achieved a 91% accuracy rate on client and competitor keyword research, as well as a 95% accuracy rate on the documents within the ad database.
- Managed clients’ ad assignments, including coordinating search engine optimization (SEO) of the client’s website, tracking key metrics, performance reporting, and reporting to agencies; consulted with clients to address problems.
- Applying simulation and systems engineering tools to improve healthcare systems.
- Conduct a research project in time and simulation study to evaluate the capacity and bottlenecks in colonoscopy performance at MEDVAMC and Ben Taub Hospital (HCHD) in order to make suggestions to improve the efficiency and throughput and decrease the procedure cycle time.
- Research on identifying predicting factors that affect healthcare systems performance by performing process mapping, time and motion study, and simulation modeling.
- Conducted scientific research in aquatic diseases, marine ecosystems, and water quality.
- Designed, conducted, and analyzed experiments with experimental designs from a complete understanding of the theoretical foundation.
- Establishing the pathophysiological significance of factor VIIa interaction with endothelial cell protein C receptor.
- Mechanisms by which tissue factor and EPCR contribute to or influence the pathogenesis of various diseases, including cancer and inflammation.
- Lab Management and ordering supplies, lead the designated research project.
- Techniques: Mouse breeding and colony management, Tail vein injections, Immunohistochemistry, ELISA, western blotting, PCR, etc.
- Used statistical analysis to draw conclusions based on data obtained through experimental methods.
- Researched, analyzed, and composed in-depth market reports for office, industrial, and land market statistics on a quarterly basis.
- Gathered space availability data using online services CoStar and Xceligent, as well as direct broker information, to prepare surveys and tour books for tenant brokers.
- Prepared custom research reports for brokers as needed, including demographic reports, traffic counts, zip code scatter maps, drive-time analyses, sale comps, and marketing lists.
- Communicated my findings through scientific publications to professional journals and researchers.
- Oversaw and managed the research of over 30 health care consumers regarding their current medical status.
- Fabricate wafer-scale flexible electronic devices with silicon nanostructure arrays.
- Critical dimension and residual layer thickness calibration and defect control for wafer-scale nanoimprinting processes including jet-and-flash nanoimprinting and plate-to-roll nanoimprinting.
- Precise control of drop volume and velocity via jetting waveform optimization for piezo-based inkjet nozzles.
- Consistently contributed to the advancement of research into the development, treatment, and care of patients.
- Analyses led to multiple grants for which I was a lead researcher for Health Care Consumers Research (HCCR), resulting in over $750,000 in grant funding to date.
- Perform Antibody/ Protein Bioconjugation of Gold and Platinum Nanoparticles & Freeze dry and PCR for Salmonella, Legionella, and E.coli molecular diagnostic assays used for water, food, and environmental safety testing.
- Independently plan, execute and propose experiments where my technical proficiency & scientific creativity is put into use.
- Present results of work, interpret data, draw conclusions, maintain records and lead functional group meetings while managing chemical inventory and resolving complaints by proposing eventual solutions.
- Conducted numerous basic medical studies alongside researchers from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center; my contributions established a basis for HCCR’s largest grant award ($550,000).
- Supervised a team of students who assigned and collected relevant literature and information to create a database of a domestic firm’s international export strategies.
- Responsible for collecting data using various structured data collection methods including mail, telephone, and in-person.
- Capture and record data in the computer system requiring the ability to rapidly and accurately enter participant responses.
- Collect accurate healthcare data for business benchmarking and enhancing industry knowledge.
- Participated in weekly project team meetings, conducted monthly company surveys, compiled data and fact-checked, and provided insightful reports based on qualitative research.
- Managed twenty students during weekend service-learning trips; supervised daily activities while ensuring all assignments were completed according to schedule.
- Researched demographics, industry trends, history, and culture of client cities to create strategic economic development plans.
- Created online surveys and coded the responses to draft SWOT analyses.
- Conducted outreach and created visually pleasing websites to publicize city economic development initiatives.
- Responsible for a successful survey of public officials pertaining to public policy decisions in other countries.
- Organized formal presentations on current theories and legislation for the company’s annual conference; earned exceptional performance awards for the design and implementation of the outreach program.
- Conducted research by compiling and analyzing data and referencing statistical resources, generated reports, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Managed Email correspondence, telephone communication, appointment scheduling, and dealt with company visitors and clients.
- Managed document duplication using scanners, printers, and copiers including assembling, packaging, and delivering grant applications.
- Scheduled routine maintenance on office equipment, took inventory of current office supplies, and ordered materials as needed.
- Researched and validated information by determining the accuracy of controversial claims pertaining to plant hybridization.
- Modify and Standardize SAS code by reformatting, importing, sorting, merging, restructuring, and checking data analysis results.
- Access database using PROC IMPORT and PORC SQL pass-through facility.
- Manipulate, transfer, manage and clean big project data by using SAS language including SAS functions, PROC SQL procedure, Macro programming, etc.
- Expedited information by reviewing, revising, and presenting a compilation of data for records management processes.
- Reduced costs by generating new objectives for research endeavors.
How to Become a Successful Research Associate?
To become a research associate you usually need to have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a business-related field like economics or finance. You can also choose to get a degree in statistics, math, and or marketing. These are all possible subjects to study for a career as a research associate. If you hope to work for a specific company you may have to also get a master’s degree depending on the requirements they want you to have.
A successful research associate has great communication skills, analytical skills, critical thinking skills, and is detail-oriented. Research associates are not required to have any certifications but, they do help you stand out as a more qualified candidate to employers. The Marketing Research Association offers a (PRC) professional researcher certification program for those looking to have more qualifications as a research associate.
After working as a research associate for a few years you have the opportunity to advance in your career and can go on to become a research analyst or a senior research associate. As time passes and you gain more work experience you have the option of advancing your career further.
A research associate is someone who creates reports from the information they have found and organized through research and planning on business and the economy. A research associate usually works for financial organizations, consulting firms, and for companies in their research department. A research associate’s main purpose is to analyze information and to use their research to create options for their employers to choose from for their company’s best interest.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.