A Physical Therapist helps people who have issues with limited mobility work on exercises that might help them restore function. Their duties include creating and updating treatment plans, testing and measuring patient strength and flexibility, direct patient care under the authorization of a physician, complete appropriate paperwork as needed, and oversee the physical therapy assistants and aides.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Physical Therapist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Physical Therapist resumes for your reference.
Physical Therapist Resume Sample 1
- Effectively rehabilitated injured patients by applying sustained passive motion, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation, spray and stretch, ultrasound, moist heat, therapeutic exercises.
- Reinstated patient confidence in their own abilities with the ability to return to work after suffering serious injuries while improving patient morale while increasing doctor’s satisfaction rates.
- Minimized injury recurrence with innovative assessment techniques of lumbar spine function including flexion/extension views for use on X-ray machines.
- Restored range of motion for shoulder injuries by refining physical therapy treatment techniques, shortening time required for rehabilitation using mechanical traction device.
- Maximized clinical potentials with advanced knowledge of new developments in physical therapy including kinesiotaping, electrical stimulation, and special orthopedic devices.
Physical Therapist Resume Sample 2
- Provided clients with a range of rehabilitative, preventive, and therapeutic services to improve function, manage pain, prevent deformity or disability.
- Recognized as Outstanding Therapy Employee of the Year by being promoted twice on the basis of consistent achievement in meeting company standards as an effective therapist.
- Established rapport as a team player while establishing alliances for success with physicians and other medical staff involved in patient care.
- Effectively reduced patients’ pain and improved their sensation after traumatic nerve damage from falls resulting from stroke or violence.
- Documented measurable improvement in functional performance for patients who had been severely impaired through injury or disease process.
Physical Therapist Resume Sample 3
- Employed in a variety of job settings and disciplines to maintain active therapy caseload involving orthopedic, sports medicine, neurological, geriatric, prenatal and women’s health conditions.
- Provided individualized care that varied from simple exercise instruction to complex therapeutic interventions for patients with hip disorders.
- Designed patient education programs for hospitalized individuals requiring intensive treatment after effects of heart surgery.
- Recommended treatments for pain management that included muscle relaxants and physical rehabilitation following laminectomy surgery.
- Maintained excellent communicative relationships with referring physicians resulting in return referrals by offering quality service at low cost compared to nearby facilities.
Physical Therapist Resume Sample 4
- Promoted patient independence and function by inspiring self-application of therapeutic exercises.
- Provided physical therapy in a safe, comfortable, and healing environment for two months per a major medical center’s guidelines.
- Performed daily fitness evaluations to determine effects of treatment on the rehabilitation process.
- Developed improved physical health regimens through individualized programs tailored to meet patients’ needs.
- Minimized the development of contractures with individually designed heat, massage, electrical stimulation applications during each work shift.
Physical Therapist Resume Sample 5
- Rehabilitated an 82 year old patient to her maximum potential after a broken arm and hip.
- Assisted a paraplegic woman achieve full independence in daily living activities with assistance from only one family member.
- Successfully treated a man with chronic allergies allowing him to discontinue all allergy medication for the first time in 20 years after developing a home exercise program specific to his needs.
- Presented research project on ergonomic chair design at international conference; invited as guest speaker to lecture on health benefits of proper sitting posture.
- Completed clinical education requirements for Physical Therapy Specialization License, including 750 hours of supervised patient treatment sessions.
Physical Therapist Resume Sample 6
- Diagnosed and treated patients to reduce pain, restore mobility, and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities.
- Revitalized patient’s quality of life by recommending self-care measures including therapeutic exercises, massage therapy, gait training, and lifestyle changes.
- Maintained a clean working environment by organizing work area; properly disposing of medical waste.
- Promoted positive teamwork within the department by assigning responsibilities based on individual skills and availability; ensured that information is shared across disciplines for continuity of care.
- Interacted with patient’s family to explain treatment procedures; supported family through difficult times during rehabilitation process.
Physical Therapist Resume Sample 7
- Improved patients’ quality of life through the usage of therapy, strengthening, endurance building exercises.
- Rehabilitated patients who had been affected from degenerative diseases such as multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease.
- Provided effective pain relief for patients suffering from chronic conditions such as arthritis and muscle spasms.
- Educated cardiac rehabilitation patients in order to ensure successful recovery after a serious heart attack or surgery.
- Prescribed exercise routines to improve cardiovascular health and decrease depression rates among geriatric populations.
Physical Therapist Resume Sample 8
- Provided state-of-the-art care for patients with injuries, arthritis, neurodegenerative disease, and sports injuries.
- Achieved 100% patient satisfaction scores from all employees of a local counseling center based on consistently positive feedback from counseling clients.
- Promoted to Physical Therapist Assistant after demonstrating self-motivation by completing the training program in 5 months only working part time while attending school full time.
- Aided physical recovery of patients by developing individualized work plans incorporating stretching exercises, ultrasound therapy, soft tissue massage, strengthening techniques and electric stimulation.
- Improved quality of life for disabled children through weekly sessions of exercise.
Physical Therapist Resume Sample 9
- Effectively managed chronic pain of patients who suffered from carpal tunnel, arthritis, sprains and strains, sciatica, plantar fasciitis/heel spurs, post-surgical immobilization, fractures, back injuries.
- Improved eating habits by designing appropriate ergonomically designed equipment for home use for children with cerebral palsy.
- Restored optimal function to injured athletes through intensive therapeutic intervention programs to strengthen muscles and improve performance.
- Successfully obtained grant monies totaling $25k to provide functional electrical stimulation (FES) devices to the orthopedic spine center in order to advance research studies in spinal cord injury treatment.
- Introduced art therapy to an inpatient psychiatric unit for severely emotionally disturbed children and adolescents; the program resulted in improved behavior management.
Physical Therapist Resume Sample 10
- Rehabilitated patients suffering from a variety of medical illnesses and conditions to restore function, manage pain, and prevent disability.
- Achieved release of patient records on time – enabling return to work, decreased re-admissions for care, and more timely billing.
- Diagnosed acute painful condition requiring immediate treatment; treated physical therapist’s wife, who had suffered torn ligaments in her knee after falling down stairs.
- Presented research data at professional conference resulting in $1.8 million grant project to improve quality of life by restoring motor control following traumatic brain injury or cerebral vascular accident (stroke).
- Spearheaded development of new testing device for low back pain research with other physical therapists; enabling more effective treatment.
Physical Therapist Resume Sample 11
- Ensured a safe work environment by complying with OSHA, HIPAA, and AAPD protocols.
- Diagnosed and treated patients with neurological disabilities, as well as those with osteoarthritis, sports injuries, spinal cord injuries, amputations, post-operative joint replacements.
- Promoted employee wellness by leading staff aerobics exercise sessions on Fridays.
- Delivered quality patient care through outstanding communication skills that were recognized by the Rehabilitation Professional Certification Board (RPCB) for significant contributions to the field of Physical Therapy.
- Worked closely with families to ensure continuity of treatment; scheduled follow up appointments for discharged patients 6 months after completion of inpatient rehabilitation.
Physical Therapist Resume Sample 12
- Reconstructed shoulder, hip, and spine in patients with musculoskeletal injuries.
- Improved range of motion in the extremities in paraplegic patients through exercise programs.
- Explored new treatment techniques for motor-neuron diseases to alleviate muscle stiffness.
- Administered manual therapy techniques including joint mobilization, soft tissue release manipulation/mobilization, and neuromuscular re-education.
- Reduced pain levels of arthritic conditions using therapeutic laser applications; inspired patient interest in continued therapy sessions by providing equipment demonstrations.
To work as a physical therapist, you need a Dr of Physical Therapy degree or a bachelor’s degree in a related field. A Physical Therapist must have a license, active listening skills, effective communication skills, a strong desire to help people, physical strength and stamina, attention to detail, and must be patient and understanding.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.