UI Designers provide the user-friendly interfaces that are reflected on retail store websites. Duties include conducting tests to determine customer demand for various designs, creating interface blueprints, designing the final product, and communicating with team members to improve process. The top skills for this position are creative thinking, design ability, communication skills, website usability testing, and familiarity with various coding languages. A bachelor’s degree in graphic design is required for this position.
The Best UI Designer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real UI Designer resumes for your reference.
- Interact with clients on projects to design and improve web apps and websites.
- Design wireframes as needed and review with clients for design changes.
- Break down and create deadlines and milestones to ensure fulfillment of deliverables.
- Worked on the design, layout, and overall user experience of the company’s products and website.
- Reviewed UI elements to dictate usability for the product.
- Worked on Cross-Browser compatibility and fixed the bugs for several browsers.
- Created cross-browser compatible and standards-compliant CSS-based page layouts.
- Developed a few time-sensitive and important review/comments sections with React.js and Angular.js using the ngReact directive.
- Went above and beyond to research how users work with the application using QA testing to ensure that it was usable by all types of people.
- Communicated with team members on what information they needed in order to keep up with an ever-changing project.
- Designed detailed wireframe and visual compositions of a process flow for Trading Portals, trade board, Dashboard, Directed Cash Flow, Cash Flow.
- Designed screens for both Internal and external users for different Domicile/regions.
- Organized and coordinated sessions to work through functionality, site architecture, content, or user flow requirements.
- Delivered complete design concepts on both consumer and client-facing projects and provided design support as needed.
- Researched projects, competitors, and customer feedback in order to make recommendations on what would benefit their customers most.
- Participate in all phases of the development process â€“ from idea conception to wireframes and prototyping, to design and implementation.
- Create innovative solutions for new features and improvements that tie to business goals.
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers, Business Intelligence, Research, Sales, and Technology teams to create digital products.
- Designed a new user interface for a software tool designed to analyze spreadsheets to scan for fraud in employers’ payrolls.
- Created five computer simulations of risk-avoiding decisions and tested them in various environments to illustrate internal disciplinary procedures.
- Worked alongside the lead designer to create a consistent product UI and UX across OSs, devices, and resolutions.
- Designed, mocked up and user-tested new product features, layouts & flows from sketch through implementation.
- Created and modified IA structures, wireframes, icons, and development guidelines.
- Developed an Internet-based monitoring system that helps users detect anomalous activity and maintain password security by tracking changes made by individual users.
- Designed, implemented, and deployed high-level enterprise information systems utilizing DB2, Oracle, and SAP.
- Research and define feature designs in terms of the user experience.
- Collaborate with other team members to develop and design visual content and layout.
- Create and deliver detailed website wireframes, user flows, mockups, and other product deliverables.
- Organized and managed a team of forty developers in the development of a new application.
- Increased career earnings by 3 times in one year by improving productivity through innovative UI design.
- Assisted project managers in identifying user needs by performing usability tests, interviews, and other user research.
- Designed websites with cross-platform (IOS, Android) compatibility in mind, and ensured they display properly on multiple mobile devices.
- Cooperated with front-end developers and software programmers to implement interactivity in the application.
- Earned a prestigious award for outstanding service from the U.S. Department of Defense for UI design; designed screens used to help warfighters identify and acquire sight targets using high-end military technology.
- Considered an expert in human factors, usability issues, and software design best practices after achieving fluency in 8 programming languages and 14 UI frameworks and methodologies.
- Lead design and UX for advertising campaigns and digital service offerings from initial brainstorms to final launch.
- Work with the executive team to conceptualize and iterate on new business pitches.
- Collaborate closely with the development team to create innovative solutions and ensure rigorous quality control.
- Experienced in performing various user interface tasks, including conducting usability testing, creating functional prototypes, and distributing designs by creating and updating custom templates.
- Designed a new way to list information and provide a better experience to the end-user.
- Designed UI, visual assets, and design specs for the company’s omnichannel news and updates web content.
- Created User interface, user flow, visual concept design, and visual design guidelines for Arc Mobile, an IOS adaptation of Arc, the company’s premier online game marketplace (similar product to Steam and Playstation Network).
- Redesigned client login process throughout the Arc platform, complete with account linking and single sign-on with Xbox, Playstation, Facebook, etc. accounts.
- Developed a new interface scheme and created a visual style guide for a newly created product.
- Worked with the client to create a desirable interface for their upcoming web-based application.
- Designed UI from inception to final product and successfully launched brand new Nolo website which increased unique visitors by 30% and exceeded expectations by raising approximately 8% revenues every month.
- Spearheaded migrate projects that develop the common look and functionality to be migrated across the product suite to ensure user interface consistency.
- Developed new mock-ups and UI specifications for holiday events and raised 25% more in total sale leads.
- Participated in website redesign A/B testing and oversaw the development of the winning design for the highly visible main customer portal.
- Provided original layout for new website and designed a unique layout that would attract users and help business growth.
- Help to drive and develop product features and content, design map, user flows, and wireframes, and create app low and high fidelity prototypes.
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers to solve functional requirements.
- Plan and enforce brand identity standards, maintain branded content and materials, and produce pixel-perfect visual designs.
- Participated in company software design as well as designing screens for the company’s proprietary application.
- Enhanced familiarization with Microsoft Visual Studio, C#, SQL Server, ASP.NET, Windows Forms, ADO.NET; implemented new project management tools and processes for better project tracking and more efficient design practices.
- Produce storyboards, low/high fidelity mockups, and design and graphic user-interface specifications to developers for Android mobile applications.
- Lead design sessions and synthesize feedback from engineers, marketers, product managers, heads of QA, and users to create a holistic design solution.
- Run and manage marketing campaigns on Facebook Ads and GooglePlay Developer Console.
- Assist product manager in planning and executing a weekly design sprint using Asana and JIRA.
- Wrote documentation for all projects to ensure a clear understanding of the software applications’ functionalities and the importance of each step in development.
How to Become a Successful UI Designer?
All companies will want a full education in coding and computer science for this very high-tech position, with a minimum of a four-year program in one of those topics. Others will likely want a master’s or greater, and you can also go through certification programs for coding as an additional level of expertise to show.
Once you are hired you will work on a team, as a great number of people are needed to achieve the goals set out by most companies. You will want to assist in designing products that are easy to use by all and not frustrating, and make sure the consumers associate that satisfaction with the company’s looks.
This job will require both creativity and an ability to work well with others on established goals, as you will need to achieve what the company has set out together while establishing future ideas that perhaps have not been considered. A careful balance will give you the benefit of both.
Being dedicated to your other co-workers will make people seek you out in the future, which will allow you to a better network. Good teamwork is key in this position, as no amount of great ideas can be accomplished without help, and you will always need to have other people you trust and rely on.
In a world with greater accessibility by the day, companies want their customers to always be able to reach out to them to get the answers they need, and to enjoy the experience, in addition to enjoying the technological products they produce and associating that joy with the company. A UI designer is one who ties all these goals together.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.