In a world with greater accessibility by the day, companies want their customers to always be able to reach out to them to get the answers they need, and to enjoy the experience, in addition to enjoying the technological products they produce and associating that joy with the company. A UI designer is the one who ties all these goals together.
How to Become a Successful UI Designer?
All companies will want a full education in coding and computer science for this very high tech position, with a minimum of a four year program in one of those topics. Others will likely want a master’s or greater, and you can also go through certification programs for coding as an additional level of expertise to show.
Once you are hired you will work on a team, as a great number of people are needed to achieve the goals set out by most companies. You will want to assist in designing products that are easy to use by all and not frustrating, and make sure the consumers associate that satisfaction with the company look.
This job will require both creativity and an ability to work well with others on established goals, as you will need to achieve what the company has set out together while establishing future ideas that perhaps have not been considered. A careful balance will give you the benefit of both.
Being dedicated to your other co-workers will make people seek you out in the future, which will allow you to better network. Good teamwork is key in this position, as no amount of great ideas can be accomplished without help, and you will always need to have other people you trust and rely on.
The Best UI Designer Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real UI Designer resumes for your reference.
- Interact with clients on projects to design and improve web-apps and websites.
- Design wireframes as needed and review with clients for design changes.
- Breakdown and create deadlines and milestones to ensure fulfillment of deliverables.
- Worked on Cross-Browser compatibility and fixed the bugs for several browsers.
- Created cross-browser compatible and standards-compliant CSS-based page layouts.
- Developed few time sensitive and important review/comments sections with React.js and Angular.js using ngReact directive.
- Designed detailed wireframe and visual compositions of process flow for Trading Portals, trade board, Dashboard, Directed cash Flow, Cash Flow.
- Designed screens for both Internal and external users for different Domicile/regions.
- Organized and coordinated sessions to work through functionality, site architecture, content or user flow requirements.
- Delivered complete design concepts on both consumer and client facing projects and provided design support as needed.
- Participate in all phases of the development process – from idea conception, to wireframes and prototyping, to design and implementation.
- Create innovative solutions for new features and improvements that tie to business goals.
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers, Business Intelligence, Research, Sales, and Technology teams to create the digital products.
- Worked alongside lead designer to create a consistent product UI and UX across OSs, devices and resolutions.
- Designed, mocked-up and user-tested new product features, layouts & flows from sketch through implementation.
- Created and modified IA structures, wireframes, icons and development guidelines.
- Research and define feature designs in terms of the user experience.
- Collaborate with other team members develop and design visual content and layout.
- Create and deliver detailed website wireframes, user flows, mockups, and other product deliverables.
- Assisted project managers in identifying user needs by performing usability tests, interview, and other user researches.
- Designed websites with cross platform (IOS, Android) compatibility in mind, and ensured they display properly both on multiple mobile devices.
- Cooperated with the front-end developers and software programmers to implement interactivity in the application.
- Lead design and UX for advertising campaigns and digital service offerings from initial brainstorms to final launch.
- Work with executive team to conceptualize and iterate on new business pitches.
- Collaborate closely with the development team to create innovative solutions and ensure rigorous quality control.
- Designed UI, visual assets, and design specs for the company’s omnichannel news and updates web content.
- Created User interface, user flow, visual concept design, and visual design guidelines for the Arc Mobile, an IOS adaptation of Arc, the company’s premier online game marketplace (similar product to Steam and Playstation Network).
- Redesigned client login process throughout the Arc platform, complete with account linking and single sign on with Xbox, Playstation, Facebook, etc. accounts.
- Designed UI from inception to final product and successfully launched brand new Nolo website which increased unique visitors by 30% and exceeded expectation by raised approximately 8% revenues every month.
- Spearheaded migrate projects that develop the common look and functionality to be migrated across the product suite to ensure user interface consistency.
- Developed new mock-ups and UI specifications for holiday events and raised 25% more in total sale leads.
- Participated website redesign A/B testing and oversaw the development of the winning design for highly visible main customer portal.
- Help to drive and develop product features and content, design map, user flows and wireframes, and create app low and high fidelity prototypes.
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers to solve functional requirements.
- Plan and enforce brand identity standards, maintain branded content and materials, and produce pixel-perfect visual designs.
- Produce storyboards, low/high fidelity mockups, design and graphic user-interface specifications to developers for Android mobile applications.
- Lead design sessions and synthesize feedbacks from engineers, marketers, product manager, head of QA, and users to create a holistic design solution.
- Run and manage marketing campaign on Facebook Ads and GooglePlay Developer Console.
- Assist product manager in planning and executing a weekly design sprint using Asana and JIRA.