Pattern Makers create patterns for the manufacturing of clothes or metalworking. Work in either industry may include developing accurate patterns based on sketches and concepts, identifying issues before samples are made, completing tech packs with a design team, basing work off of blueprints and drawings, setting up and operating equipment and machinery, learning new styles as they are produced, and meeting strict deadlines.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Pattern Maker Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Pattern Maker resumes for your reference.
Pattern Maker Resume Sample 1
- Entered, sketched, and formed patterns of various gemstone settings on CAD system. Utilized drawing scale to create an accurate size reference of each design. Recorded all measurements for future evaluation.
- Wrote step-by-step instructions for production workers to follow when setting stones in castings; created tools, jigs, fixtures, measuring gauges and templates as needed to meet specifications on projects.
- Introduced new processes that lead to increased productivity with 40% time saved on stone setting procedures; recognized by management through special award presentation at company holiday party.
- Achieved 100% accuracy rate on cutting standard shaped prongs while maintaining strict quality standards; trained other employees on proper procedures.
- Improved on existing methods of stone setting to ease processes for workers, while reducing manufacturing time by 2 hours per day or 96 hours per year; results recognized by company president at quarterly meeting.
Pattern Maker Resume Sample 2
- Received multiple awards for quality craftsmanship, including “Employee of the Year.
- Designed patterns to accommodate new production techniques.
- Supervised over ten employees in high-speed steel fabrication plant; increased employee efficiency (average output per man-hour) by 50%.
- Improved facility safety record by 100% in eighteen months; recognized twice with award presented by OSHA Director during quarterly safety meeting.
- Oversaw start-up of company’s first aluminum die castings project, directing team through all phases (planning, design, sourcing materials and supplies, machine maintenance); broke even within six weeks of go live date; achieved target profit margins within 30 months.
Pattern Maker Resume Sample 3
- Designed new patterns for menswear products.
- Utilized computer aided design (CAD) software, Auto Cad to draft technical drawings.
- Created shop floor fixture, piece part punch presses that allowed tool handlers to more efficiently produce custom pieces on demand.
- Increased efficiency by automating the layoff of pattern pieces after producing revisions.
- Held patent on three designs of shop fixtures and tools produced at company plants in Mexico, China, Brazil, Japan etc…
Pattern Maker Resume Sample 4
- Designed clothes patterns for fashionable clothes, including professional work uniforms.
- Met deadlines for multiple orders of custom-fit clothing patterns.
- Collaborated with department heads to make sure all new garment styles were produced properly and on time.
- Coordinated simultaneous order submissions, cut sheets, and commercial invoices with international fabric suppliers to meet production targets.
- Cut pattern pieces with precision using computer numerical controlled (CNC) equipment; setup CNC units according to specifications for each job.
Pattern Maker Resume Sample 5
- Produced patterns from drawings and specifications, utilizing hand tools and power tools to cut, shape, rout, sand, weld, etc., parts for customer products.
- Designed a new pattern from customer’s alternate design after being introduced to the standard pattern.
- Completed work within budget while maintaining stringent quality control; recognized by supervisors for excellent performance in meeting production goals.
- Enhanced company reputation through trendsetting innovations in product designs; increased sales among existing customers and helped create new market opportunities with several Fortune 500 companies.
- Pioneered creative solutions to technical problems; designed an original geometry to meet traditional dimensional requirements of finished part that had not been previously attained.
Pattern Maker Resume Sample 6
- Designed, developed, and produced more than 100 unique patterns for upholstered furniture using standard hand tools.
- Established weekly production goals at or exceeding 4500 units per week to ensure company’s primary industry of living room furniture was met, while carrying the responsibility of quality assurance.
- Recognized by Supervisor for excellence in meeting production goals; three consecutive months reaching all weekly goals prompted a pay increase due to excellent work performance.
- Improved time management skills by 25% through new daily schedule aimed at increasing productivity and reducing wasted materials.
- Correctly forecasted sales needs two quarters ahead of time after receiving notification from Corporate Office about expectations for future orders six weeks prior to the Drop Date (annual ordering deadline).
Pattern Maker Resume Sample 7
- Became a skilled and efficient pattern maker; capable of designing and laying out patterns for production.
- Trained in the use of up to date equipment, processes, and standards; efficiently utilized cutting tools such as planes, saws, chisels, knives, jacks and shears.
- Experienced in working with hand held cutting tools; effectively ran cutters that included coping saws and scroll saws.
- Progressed into an Apprentice Pattern Maker after meeting requirements for both education and experience.
- Achieved Accomplishment Award for pioneering new methods of saving time while increasing production levels.
Pattern Maker Resume Sample 8
- Managed a team of employees ensuring production goals were met.
- Initiated the development and design of company’s first ever sleeveless denim jacket for female market, “The Vanity Jacket.”
- Resolved any discrepancies between pattern and product to ensure customer satisfaction with every order.
- Pioneered innovation in garment manufacturing process including reduced waste, moving from paper patterns to digital CAD programs, and making all custom alterations on-site.
- Modified existing processes to create new products within budget guidelines while maintaining quality standards as required by management.
Pattern Maker Resume Sample 9
- Created, developed, and executed a floor layout plan that allowed for optimal material flow.
- Managed inventory control to meet customer demands while preventing overstock conditions.
- Planned production schedules and monitored overall workflow.
- Assigned jobs to employees according to skill level and departmental needs; personally trained new hires.
- Provided leadership during times of crisis by resolving issues or delaying deliveries whenever possible.
Pattern Maker Resume Sample 10
- Instructed employees in uniform production process; increased productivity by 30% during the first year of employment.
- Developed and produced pattern for entire line of children’s clothing, including two that were highlighted by fashion designers’ at New York Fashion Week.
- Detected defects in quality control before customer received garments; eliminated massive waste to increase product availability without compromising quality.
- Designed full range of formal tuxedo patterns, which yielded higher than market average gross margin on an annual basis.
- Pioneered departmental division into three distinctly different teams for improved responsiveness to market changes and consumer needs.
Pattern Maker Resume Sample 11
- Sketched, created, and executed new patterns for production of designer-style dresses.
- Oversaw quality control efforts on each completed product through daily visual inspections and thorough testing before shipment.
- Coordinated with buyers in fabricating special garments designed by a fashion consultant to be presented at a high profile show in NY.
- Consistently met or exceeded established productivity levels while maintaining the highest standards of quality performance.
- Earned multiple awards for creativity and consistent high quality performance throughout my career.
Pattern Maker Resume Sample 12
- Essential employee during production of new product; quickly learned the design of new molds, paid careful attention to detail, and worked well with fellow workers.
- Recognized best assembly worker on first shift for consistently producing high-quality parts before deadlines.
- Increased productivity by 30% after training on operation of custom designed equipment to meet company’s goal.
- Participated in cost saving measures through collaboration on designs with engineers.
- Pioneered company success at major trade show by designing prototype wall display that earned $7000 in prize money.
Pattern Maker Resume Sample 13
- Crafted designs for knitted fabrics.
- Selected machines and tools to produce precision patterns by reading blueprints, layouts, diagrams, sketches, swatches, photographs or other illustrations.
- Evaluated design specifications to determine whether all required elements are included in the pattern.
- Prepared layout sketches using various scale factors; checked loom efficiency margins of error against different yarns.
- Trained new employees on computerized machine operations and designed simple work assignments that supervised performance levels while allowing for independent thinking and problem solving abilities within the limits of company policies and procedures.
To work as a Pattern Maker, you must have at least a high school diploma and at least two years’ experience. You must maintain a neat working environment, timeliness, teamwork, adaptability, and have communication skills, a working knowledge of various precision instruments, mathematics, freehand design, and the English and Metric system.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.