A telemetry nurse has the task of monitoring patients’ heart rates, blood pressure, and other vital signs. These professionals use equipment to gather this data and decide how to proceed based on the results. Working as part of a team is important for this position, as well as customer service skills, computer software, and technologically savvy knowledge. The minimum educational requirement is an associate degree in nursing.
The Best Telemetry Nurse Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Telemetry Nurse resumes for your reference.
- Closely monitor patients to identify signs of arrhythmias and other life-threatening complications.
- Responsible for administering prescribed medications and perform treatment of patients as prescribed by physician.
- Educate patients and families on disease prevention, healthy diet and exercise, and lifestyle changes.
- Ensure that the service meets the expected goals and objectives of the organization.
- Was promoted from Staff Nurse to Charge Nurse; successfully completed all requirements in under two months.
- Develops and implements nursing care plans for veteran patients with cardiac needs.
- Conscientiously watches telemetry monitors of a maximum of 10 patients.
- Attends interdisciplinary meetings with doctors and social workers to discuss plan of care and of discharge.
- Streamlined the admissions process by utilizing electronic documentation; recognized as a preferred nurse for patient referrals.
- Utilized effective and concise communication with physicians and other team members to ensure appropriate plan of care was developed and implemented for patients.
- Work as part of a cohesive team within a 46 bed telemetry unit primarily focusing upon cardiac patient care.
- Individually responsible for 5-10 patients at time while accepting admissions to the floor.
- Well versed in dysrhymias as well as the ability to quickly recognize a life-threatening condition.
- Promoted cost-effective assessment and care of patients by providing education on peripheral lines and arterial lines.
- Admitted over 200 patients, maintained database of patient information, and updated the doctors daily.
- Work as part of a cohesive team within a 31-bed telemetry unit focusing primarily on cardiac patients.
- Provide close monitoring of adults with acute & chronic heart failure, arrhythmias, MI screenings, anticoagulation therapy, and pre/post cardiac diagnostic procedures.
- Educate patients and family members on disease processes, medications, treatment plans, procedures and ongoing wellness.
- Provided patient care and comfort as assigned, including ECG interpretation.
- Monitored food and fluid intake, administered medication per physician orders, recorded reactions to medications and treatments, used medical equipment such as blood pressure monitor and heart rate monitor.
- Assessment, evaluation and individualized care of patients requiring constant cardiac monitoring.
- Responsible for admission, care and treatment of patients brought to the telemetry unit.
- Provided patient care in telemetry units and float nurse duties in the Med/Surg unit.
- Provided trustworthy care to patients by entering personal information into computer accurately for documentation purposes.
- Initiated early morning shift with a count of equipment including vital signs machines; changed bed linens while checking all patients in assigned areas according to policy and procedure manual.
- Responsible for reading and filing Telemetry strips for patients on the floor.
- Researched and compiled daily Telemetry reports and patient statistical data for surgical services director, nursing director and utilization review (UR) coordinator.
- Consistently praised for efficient handling of administrative duties (e.g., answering phones, scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, patient processing, billing and bookkeeping) that allowed doctors and nursing staff to focus on the health concerns of their patients.
- Demonstrated proficiency in taking patient medical histories and vital signs, as well as in performing venipunctures, injections and various diagnostic procedures and ancillary tests (e.g., EKGs, immunoassays, chemistry analysis, hematology, urinalysis and sigmoidoscopies).
- Attended community meetings regarding public health matters that affected the healthcare industry; made suggestions about ways to improve customer service at hospital.
- Provide professional nursing care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team, including physicians.
- Plan and implement patient care/teaching as needed, based on total assessment and age of the patient.
- Core competencies for patient population that includes cardiac/cardiovascular, neuro, GI conditions and diseases that include CAD, PVD, COPD, CHF, metabolic disorders among others.
- Evaluate/document patient response to treatment and recognize changes; take appropriate actions based on assessment.
- Gained comprehensive knowledge of all available resources within the community to coordinate optimal post-discharge care for cardiac patients.
- High-performing team member in a 35-bed telemetry unit with primary focus on patients with medical conditions requiring continuous cardiac monitoring.
- Assisted in launching and running Chest Center Program in Emergency Room.
- Perform cardiac and respiratory assessment, identify abnormalities, reporting it to a physician, documenting all patient data concisely into the EMR and carry out treatments.
- Provide patient and family teaching regarding disease processes, procedures, medications and treatments in a supportive manner.
- Reduced mortality rate from cardiac arrest by 21% through education of patients, families, visitors, and other caregivers on early intervention symptoms.
- Responsible for the patient’s well being, safety, and the progression of treatment for the patient.
- Able to recognize a change in the patient’s condition by using the senses along with assessment.
- Being a patient advocate is essential for establishing good rapport with the patient.
- Educate patients on the disease process with an in depth knowledge of the advance technologies and equipments with the perfect knowledge of the medical terminology and communicating to the patient in layman terms.
- Collaborated on committees that reviewed telemetry patient care practice guidelines to align hospital standards with industry best practices.
- Provides close monitoring with acute and chronic disease for arrhythmia, MI screening, anti coagulation therapy, cardiac and peripheral diagnostic procedures.
- Assists doctors on PICC line insertions, Chest tube insertions, Bone Marrow biopsy, Thoracentesis.
- Monitors and discontinues chest tubes and various drainage devices along with epidural and pacer wires.
- Acknowledged with numerous awards for exceptional performance; recognized by the Hospital Director of Nursing Services for advancement in nursing excellence.
- Supported department’s mission by performing as a subject matter expert for telemetry clinical policy, procedure, and documentation.
- Educated patients and family members of patients condition, following procedures and tests.
- Assisted with the preparation and implementation of patient treatment plans.
- Evaluated patient needs, prioritized patient care flow and provided health treatments.
- Facilitated medical care – Identified critical medical needs and emergency situations and provided health care treatment within legal scope of medical/nursing practices.
- Documented nursing procedures, maintained medical records and patient status, maintained a clean, sanitized and safe environment.
- Conducted patient assessment and care based on patients’ individualized care plans, prioritized tasks and interventions based on needs of patient within specified timeframe.
- Performed appropriate treatments and tasks specified by physicians in collaboration with other healthcare team members while maintaining patient dignity and rights.
- Documented patient assessment findings, physical and psychosocial responses to nursing interventions performed as well as progress towards problem resolution.
- Collaborated with physicians and technicians to interpret hemodynamic parameters.
- Performed continuous assessment of cardiovascular, respiratory, neurological, and metabolic data; provided intervention according to protocols.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.