Hospital Clerks are responsible for the clerical side of medicine and patient interaction. Their duties include retrieving medical charts, answering and routing phone calls, maintaining an appointment roster, assisting walk-in patients, returning charts to the file room and following medical records procedures.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Hospital Clerk Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Hospital Clerk resumes for your reference.
Hospital Clerk Resume Sample 1
- Completed reports as required by management, which required advance notice and coordination with other clerks.
- Stockpiled necessary supplies for dispatching and stocking supplies and medications; replenished supplies of medication dispensed to patients.
- Maintained stock records on all medications dispensed for future reference.
- Completed daily checks of computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, and office equipment to ensure that all systems were running smoothly.
- Worked under pressure and produced with speed and accuracy as needed by production quotas were imposed upon each employee.
Hospital Clerk Resume Sample 2
- As a Hospital Clerk, processed and prepared medical records in a timely manner.
- Maintained strict documentation and safety procedures demanded by the town council and hospital administration.
- Resolved customer service concerns with positive outcomes for the customer, employer, and department itself.
- Promoted from shift supervisor to department manager based on customer satisfaction surveys.
- Demonstrated superior customer service characteristics through genuine concern for customers’ well-being; earned recognition for outstanding performance by the Hospital Director.
Hospital Clerk Resume Sample 3
- Organized, stored, and cleaned various hospital supplies.
- Improved accuracy of inventory management of medical supplies in the hospital supply room.
- Advised on proper use and storage of health care products in the hospital pharmacy department.
- Became familiar with medical terminology for patient care as required for filling out health care insurance forms.
- Accurately completed medicine/drug orders in a timely manner through the pharmacy’s computerized system; corrected computer errors involving medication issued to patients by doctors on their cards.
Hospital Clerk Resume Sample 4
- Promptly provided information to doctors, nurses, and patients regarding medications and procedures.
- Maintained inventory of pharmaceuticals and supplies to ensure availability.
- Handled patient and employee requests in a caring manner while adhering to hospital policies on confidentiality.
- Reduced overtime costs through streamlined processes for drug orders.
- Saved cost of labor by designing automated labeling machines to fulfill dispensing labels; an added feature provided statistics tracking individual patients’ prescription history.
Hospital Clerk Resume Sample 5
- Filled prescriptions and delivered medications to patients, as well as provided health counseling; established trust and confidence with hospital personnel.
- Offered technical support in the area of IT systems, to assist customers with computer issues; resolved problems on multiple, individual computers in a timely manner.
- Provided coverage for absent staff by working increased hours; prepared materials that required little preparation time.
- Aided in checking in patients and tracking patient vitals, as well as making sure that all needs were met from an administrative standpoint; was able to process information quickly and efficiently.
- Solved customer disputes regarding billing errors; gained trust and respect by resolving problems diplomatically.
Hospital Clerk Resume Sample 6
- Performed duties of office work and data entry in a busy hospital pharmacy.
- Accrual to the bank account was $10,000 before creating a daily record of purchase orders and prescribing information.
- Accrued to bank accounts by $50,000.00 before opening a new business account; ensured proper documentation of income and expense sources.
- Received annual bonus of $5000.00 for excellent performance and positive attitude; kept fast-paced workplace pleasant and efficient with subordinates.
- Received outstanding quality award for customer service performed with patients, pharmacists, medical staff, and other personnel.
Hospital Clerk Resume Sample 7
- Received an appreciation award from the Vice President and administrator for selfless effort in providing excellent customer service.
- Recognized for being able to identify, explain, and provide timely responses to multiple medication orders.
- Assigned to a vigorous 12-hour shift with no supervision or management, maintaining high standards of quality care.
- Utilized advanced computer skills while performing maintenance work and ensuring proper patient billing documentation.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues pertinent to the insurance industry, while maintaining strict adherence to federal guidelines on all submitted claims.
Hospital Clerk Resume Sample 8
- Accurately compiled and recorded computerized data on over 10,000 patients.
- Accurately identified and reported discrepancies in medication orders within 1% of the number of incorrect orders received by the pharmacy.
- Selected as a member of the year-end performance team; demonstrated excellent service to company and employees by maintaining a professional appearance, managing time efficiently, handling multiple tasks, and assisting customers.
- Selected employee of the month; positively impacted quality service levels through outstanding work performance standards and continuous improvement.
- Received outstanding quality award; met or exceeded standards of customer satisfaction.
Hospital Clerk Resume Sample 9
- Determined accurate insurance status of patients after verifying eligibility for coverage and benefits; successfully discharged patients within a 48-hour period.
- Planned and arranged room assignments, assigned rooms to staff, and maintained current floor charts; resolved patient complaints in a prompt manner.
- Attained recognition as an essential element in the successful management of a quality customer service team; directly led to the hospital’s position as being among the highest rated in the state.
- Provided exceptional customer service by addressing questions and resolving customer concerns regarding medications and assistance programs.
- Received recognition for the outstanding customer service performance of an individual in the assigned department.
Hospital Clerk Resume Sample 10
- Delivered quality healthcare to patients and surgery to surgeons at a high rate of accuracy.
- Supervised pharmacy technicians in order to ensure proper, accurate, and timely delivery of medications.
- Trained many people new to the pharmaceutical industry so that they could perform their jobs effectively.
- Adhered to all principles of good service and customer satisfaction as a clerk for two hospitals for over 5 years.
- Supervised many new hospital employees, as well as trainees.
Hospital Clerk Resume Sample 11
- Sold medical products to retail customers.
- Processed insurance claims for patients for all of the hospital’s service lines and departments.
- Described patient information from rooms and wards to the receptionist and nursing services staff in order to ensure that patients were not understaffed.
- Handled telephone calls from physicians, nurses, and hospital staff regarding patient care needs, after-hours emergency procedures, procedures that required special equipment or supplies, and other similar hospital issues.
- Provided customer service for incoming financial transactions for cash register purchases.
Hospital Clerk Resume Sample 12
- Accurately listed and processed blood donors in a timely manner according to strict set guidelines.
- Trained two associates to handle medical information and perform medical chart audits under the direction of licensed physicians.
- Created an efficient system of drawing blood by verifying coagulation values with licensed phlebotomists, in-house blood lab technicians, and nurses before testing results were posted.
- Recognized with “Outstanding Service Award” for outstanding work performance as a call monitor during a three-day clinical rotation in laboratory analysis.
- Promoted the appreciation of employees for their service by personally coordinating corporate recognition activities at the 3-month anniversary party.
To work as a Hospital Clerk you’ll need a high school diploma or GED, and experience in a stockroom or purchasing environment. Hospital Clerks must demonstrate clear communication, excellent customer service, organization, efficiency, consistency, basic knowledge of purchasing and inventory, and skill in computer software applications to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.