Daycare teachers attend to children’s basic needs in child care facilities. Their main duties include discussing child’s development with parents, ensuring all children are safe, disciplining children whenever necessary, planning play activities, evaluating children’s performance and feeding the children.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Daycare Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Daycare Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Daycare Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Sought out and developed after-school recreational programs; primarily designed to broaden the self-confidence, social skills, and positive self-image of children.
- Assisted in planning and implementing summer enrichment programs; planned activities that enhance communication skills with children such as games, crafts, and puzzles.
- Supervised enrollment procedures including obtaining information required for state reporting requirements to maintain licensing. Monitored program hours to ensure compliance with state licensing regulations.
- Trained personnel regarding emergency first aid requirements; supervised youth in the event of a fire or accident occurring on premises.
- Aided in maintaining a safe environment by enforcing proper behavior.
Daycare Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Mentored and supervised staff of 10 employees, including assistant manager.
- Organized and executed a 5k color run in support of cancer research which raised $1,300.
- Lead volunteer work day at local school for children with disabilities to beautify campus grounds.
- Developed record system to track daily attendance to ensure payroll accuracy; recognized by the regional manager for outstanding performance.
- Planned, organized, led out-of-state field trip that brought students together from all over state where they experienced historical landmarks while staying within assigned budget.
Daycare Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Increased the number of children enrolled, particularly high-risk children, by 20%; recognized for outstanding performance by the Child Welfare Executive.
- Coordinated with families and staff to ensure the safety and well-being of the children; performed daily audits of security equipment and fire extinguishers.
- Received recognition award for removing 75% of all non-food items from parents’ cars.
- Established a rapport with parents and children; recognized for raising the number of volunteer hours from 15 to 65.
- Collaborated with the Executive Director to provide more than $100,000 in supplies and equipment to the agency.
Daycare Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Effectively wrote, researched and reviewed policies, procedures and forms to keep daycare running smoothly.
- Significantly reduced potential liability by developing a comprehensive training program that was then put into use.
- Adhered to the uniform code of conduct and federal laws related to child abuse and neglect.
- Achieved positive customer reviews; trained new caregivers and helped them develop skills necessary to care for children safely.
- Received positive feedback from customers regarding their satisfaction with the daycare services provided.
Daycare Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Assisted teachers in controlling behavior of students; ensured children’s safety and well-being.
- Received achievement award for outstanding program services, volunteering 100+ hours for the organization.
- Led an outdoor project that involved planting flowers in the south corner of school grounds; helped beautify the environment.
- Volunteered more than 40 hours during summer at a daycare center; consistently displayed exceptional customer service skills in interacting with families and teachers.
- Created a safe and structured learning environment that encouraged responsibility among young children.
Daycare Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Increased revenue by 25% while reducing staff by 50%.
- Maintained a clean and fully stocked daycare center in the building where I am working in.
- Fostered a positive work environment with management and co-workers to develop a cohesive team.
- Coached new employees on proper procedure and achieved monthly growth of $505.00; increased revenue $250.55.
- Improved security by installing a new alarm system and camera monitoring.
Daycare Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Provided leadership and supervision to a staff of 5 daycare workers. Identified short & long term goals for the organization and implemented plan to achieve those goals.
- Successfully implemented workflow changes according to FHA guidelines; provided leadership and direction to team members.
- Maintained Professional Appearance according to established company standards; effectively coordinated with in-house and outside vendors; maintained detailed documentation daily.
- Reorganized daycare files in accordance with policies and procedures, effectively eliminated paper usage, created more efficient working environment, developed the use of E-mail and electronic faxes when necessary.
- Attained award for obtaining customer satisfaction scores; scheduled, organized, and supervised staff to conduct productivity goals ‘ call verification, on-time check-in, and customer service.
Daycare Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Asked to lead and evaluate staff during a time of employee disruption on the west coast and maintain open communication with parents. Restored employee morale, productivity, and efficiency within six months.
- Suggested changes to the curriculum, play structure and staffing that resulted in increased enrollment; also implemented marketing strategy, which increased income by 25%.
- Promoted to supervisor within 10 months of joining non-profit organization; developed and supervised a developmental daycare program for infants.
- Recruited new personnel; developed training program for new employees, resulting in a reduction of average training time from 6 weeks to 5 days’ duration.
- Coordinated with other departments, arranged activities and transportation for special events.
Daycare Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Gave out and checked register for staff at the front desk; used staff work space effectively.
- Gave instructions to teachers on how to correct problems reported by parents; documented parent’s complaints as they were reported.
- Checked and corrected charting errors in daily records.
- Gave out daily instructions to staff, teachers and parents on how to keep the daycare centers clean and orderly.
- Gave instructions to teachers on how to correct problems reported by parents; corrected and documented parent’s complaints.
Daycare Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Effectively supervised daycare staff while adhering to Federal, State and City guidelines.
- Found and corrected payment discrepancies on time.
- Maintained a high level of organization and cleanliness in the facility for both resident and staff; settled the majority of resident complaints within 30 minutes of their initial reporting.
- Developed procedures to monitor occupancy levels for all rooms, which assisted in ensuring all residents were properly cared for at all times.
- Recognized by Human Resources as one of three supervisors with a 90% attendance rate to receive recognition from the Regional Manager as well as from the General Agent. Received award from Human Resources for functioning beyond expectations.
Daycare Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Professionally handled problems with enrollment, billing, and scheduling.
- Managed a large staff of 15 employees; delegated tasks and responsibilities while ensuring that all duties were performed timely.
- Delivered exceptional customer service by dealing directly with customers and providing information in a friendly, professional manner.
- Handled parent complaints by implementing solutions according to company policies.
- Acquired award for interpersonal communication skills; effectively communicated with parents and staff regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
Daycare Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Mentored staff; provided guidance and support to assist them in the development of personal, professional, and life skills.
- Reviewed client records to ensure compliance with state licensing guidelines; developed strategies to improve the monitoring process.
- Trained staff on a variety of developmental and physical issues including getting used to separation anxiety, stranger anxiety, and toilet training; assisted with troubleshooting staffing issues related to high staff turnover rate.
- Suggested program improvements for home-schooling resources following successful completion of training in early childhood education techniques; acted as liaison between families and schools by sharing daily reports.
- Performed monthly financial analysis; assisted staff with budgeting and the development of fundraising plans.
Daycare Supervisor Resume Sample 13
- Supervised 40+ college-educated parents of young children; effectively assembled and communicated information regarding daycare fees and needs.
- Accurately directed and supervised three full-time certified supervisors in the organization’s 20-acre daycare campus.
- Effectively directed the daily operations of the daycare campus including enrollment, scheduling, billing, communication, monitoring safety issues, and performing necessary maintenance.
- Awarded for outstanding performance; inducted into management team for annual meeting awards.
- Received outstanding quality award from customers who had applied for a loan.
To work as a daycare teacher, you require a bachelor’s degree in early childhood development and its equivalent and certification in Child Care Professional (CCP). Daycare teachers must demonstrate instructional skills, excellent communication skills, decision-making skills, observational skills, a positive attitude, organizational skills and physical stamina.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.