When companies need to determine what they need to meet the needs of their clients, they contact a production planner to oversee the demand for a product as it relates to how much is being produced, and to make plans if supply and demand don’t match. They will work to set up a plan of action for the short and long term to resolve any issues.
How to Become a Successful Production Planner?
Educational requirements tend to be a little higher, as companies will want you to have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, ideally in a field of business or manufacturing, but something related will also give you the required skills to start your career as a grasp of finance is also critically important to being successful.
Once you are hired, you will typically need about one to two years of training in an entry level position. This typically includes working under more experienced workers to learn about the specifics of the factory and its safety requirements, as you will need to know how to keep yourself safe as well as your employees to be successful.
Once you are promoted, you will spend equal time in the factory overseeing production and in your office communicating with other parts of the company to get the data you need to determine if you are producing too much or too few goods and forming action plans to rectify the situation.
Staying focused on trends will help you learn how to spot problems in the future, enabling you yo focus on developing solutions ahead of time to minimize work and stress for everyone in the company. This skill will make you a valuable worker for the company and help reduce the workload for everyone.
The Best Production Planner Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Production Planner resumes for your reference.
- Exceed, ensure and provide customer satisfaction to the highest level, via email, phone and/or client visits.
- Assist sales team at a professional level to assure customer satisfaction.
- Review, clarify, record and submit specs to estimating team for pricing.
- Submit quotes to clients and/or prospects in a timely manner. Enter pricing into clients portal system.
- Modified inventory levels as required and created safety stocks and minimum order quantities for designated areas.
- Coordinated arrival of components with purchasing and receiving departments and expedited orders to insure timely delivery to clients.
- Team member for multiple Kaizen events to eliminate-waste and reduce inventory.
- Set in motion all incoming sales present and future orders against MPS future scheduling planning horizon.
- Reviewed critical shortages and expedited with purchasing to ensure on time components needed for MPS schedule.
- Implemented and executed daily weekly and monthly production schedules to support the master production plan.
- Scheduled and coordinated flow of work within the facility to ensure on time delivery.
- Reported potential on time delivery risks to management on a daily basis, proposed appropriate actions to mitigate delivery risk.
- Determined the status of assigned projects, expedited operation that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Communicated with co-workers, employees, and supervisors on problems, suggestions, and improvements as related to on time shipment of customer orders.
- Responsible for the directing and redistribution of labor to maximize production output, based on labor turnout, and changes in customer demands.
- Responsible for the creation, assignment, and assessment of production work orders.
- Responsible for creating and developing existing planning procedures and processes; fully utilizing the company’s ERP software.
- Responsible for the recommending and supplying of production schedules and laid out detailed production plan as it pertains to material, machinery, and labor constraints.
- Commit to all orders and communicate directly with the Sales with regards to delivery schedules, pull-in requests, lead-time, and available-to-promise (ATP) inquiries.
- Generate weekly production plans using Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS).
- Track performance-to-plan metrics of multiple offshore subcontractors and advised production control personnel daily of loading and outs requirements.
- Participate in conference calls with tier one customers (Samsung, RIM, Huawei, ZTE, HTC) and provided real-time supply updates.
- Production Planner: Develop and review production planning with Managers for approval.
- Plan production tasks and schedule according to Customer’s demands.
- Ensure that equipment, materials and manpower requirements are available to execute production orders.
- Develop and implement production plans and schedules through the use of ERP database.
- Requisition material and maintain inventory levels within constraints of material lead time based on customer demands.
- Transfer material from standard inventory to Project inventory to meet individual Project requirements.
- Compare Engineering and Manufacturing bills of material to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to latest configuration.
- Managed supply chain from material procurement through customer delivery including direct contact with vendors and customer.
- Prepare monthly and weekly Production Plan and procure material for 5 different product lines to meet or exceed company goal of 95% delivery performance.
- Compile and publish key metrics on inventory investment, customer service, and plan attainment.
- Expedite/defer material deliveries to minimize inventory investment while meeting demand.
- Analyze data gathered and develop solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
- Confer with personnel concerned to ensure successful functioning of newly implemented systems or procedures.
- Develop and implement records management program for filing, protection, and retrieval of records, and assure compliance.
- Review forms and reports and confer with management and users about format, distribution, and purpose, and to identify problems and improvements.
- Enter all components in to the item master for Sage X3, with the correct purchasing unit of measure, and stocking unit.
- In excel format, create a safety stock analysis on all 65 product categories to achieve optimal service level goals.
- Set set-up all planning parameters in item master into Sage X3 ERP system.
- Establish schedule and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates based on forecast and actual requirements.
- Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data to determine manufacturing requirements.
- Meet with department managers to discuss and determine status of jobs.