Chemists study material by their atoms and molecules to make new substances to use in various useful ways. A chemist mainly performs experiments to understand chemicals, obtain a greater knowledge of unknown substances, and measure the performance of new chemical compounds, in order to improve current products, create new ones, and to advance a variety of industries such as technology and forensics.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Chemist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Chemist resumes for your reference.
Chemist Resume Sample 1
- Published research in esteemed scientific journals that furthered the understanding of chemical phenomena.
- Led and directed team of chemists in developing new methods for synthesizing compounds and analyzing their structures.
- Presented findings of research at national conferences, resulting in invitations to speak at other notable conferences.
- Collaborated with foreign chemists to develop new pharmaceuticals for treatment of leukemia.
- Researched and synthesized chemical derivatives that could be used as new drugs for breast cancer.
Chemist Resume Sample 2
- Synthesized a new compound in the lab, which was later patented and sold to a large pharmaceutical company.
- Devised a new method for synthesizing a particular compound, which doubled the company’s production output.
- Received an award for exceptional performance in the lab at company-wide holiday party.
- Identified a previously unknown impurity, which prevented the company from selling its products to certain countries worldwide.
- Led team of 5 chemists to successfully synthesize compounds that were custom ordered by customers and which allowed small business to win a large contract from a major pharmaceutical company.
Chemist Resume Sample 3
- Provided technical support to the manufacturing and quality control of vaccine products in accordance with regulatory and company guidelines and policies.
- Drafted and submitted procedures for GLP-compliant toxicity testing using human cell lines.
- Researched, developed, optimized, and implemented a new method for separation of cathinones and creatine at a large scale.
- Achieved results demonstrating the effect of novel antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) on porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV).
- Received best presentation award for development of primary culture hepatocyte system to study the hepatotoxicity of drugs.
Chemist Resume Sample 4
- Received the company’s annual safety award for my work in the lab.
- Successfully completed an experimental project on a very tight deadline.
- Authored and successfully presented a conference paper on my research findings.
- Won a competitive grant to support my research project.
- Received a promotion and a raise due to my success in the lab.
Chemist Resume Sample 5
- Wrote methodologies for synthesizing novel compounds and assaying their biological activity.
- Developed a new process for preparing an important class of therapeutic agents.
- Authored or coauthored over 25 papers that have been published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Presented research at over a dozen national and international conferences.
- Received a number of awards, including the prestigious NSF CAREER award, for excellence in research.
Chemist Resume Sample 6
- Introduced new product lines to the company, increasing the percentage of market share.
- Developed methods for analyzing organic materials using spectroscopy; provided vital data for patent applications.
- Optimized chemical processes for continuous improvement through multiple process changes; reduced solvent usage by 50% and increased efficiency in production.
- Authored and presented a paper on the reactivity of substituted pyridines at a national conference; received positive feedback from other chemists in the field.
- Achieved company award for innovation and creativity for developing a new product line.
Chemist Resume Sample 7
- Received the Employee of the Quarter award for my work on developing a new water-based adhesive for paper products.
- Was responsible for creating a new product that increased production by 25% and was also more environmentally friendly.
- Developed a new technique that has saved the company thousands of dollars in production costs.
- Grew sales by 40% during my tenure as regional manager.
- Worked on developing an ultraviolet imaging system to screen cargo containers coming into the US for nuclear materials, drugs, and other contraband.
Chemist Resume Sample 8
- Wrote and edited new Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the lab as directed.
- Investigated two spills that occurred in the lab, determining the cause and taking corrective action.
- Presented findings from an internal research project at a national conference.
- Authored or co-authored five peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Wrote section of the company’s annual report on results from a product-development project.
Chemist Resume Sample 9
- Detected mislabeling of drug products, including tampered labels and broken seals, through the use of infrared spectroscopy.
- Analyzed data from a nationwide laboratory quality assurance survey for trends in allopathic vs. osteopathic prescribing practices at the institution level.
- Prepared pharmaceutical formulations by mixing ingredients to create dosage forms such as capsules, tablets, and suspensions.
- Wrote standard operating procedures for the laboratory that were later adopted by the company.
- Led a research project to develop a new method for synthesizing an active pharmaceutical ingredient.
Chemist Resume Sample 10
- Identified method to extract pure titanium compounds from titanium ore for metallurgy laboratory.
- Incorporated work study with General Motors, increasing productivity by 3% and lowering production costs per pound of steel by 15%.
- Improved output by 10% per unit through means of rationalization and process control.
- Authored and submitted patent application for new product to improve efficiency of chromatography.
- Served as Subject Matter Expert on team responsible for developing quality assurance program for pharmaceutical company; increased customer satisfaction by 25%.
Chemist Resume Sample 11
- Achieved 6 month production output of 120% target goal using Company XYX chemicals to provide customer service and product quality.
- Recognized for work on new project in four weeks with minimum supervision in order to manufacture sodium cyanide, sodium hydroxide, hydrochloric acid, chlorine dioxide.
- Identified new method to remove residues of sulphuric acid from carbon steel.
- Recognized for work on product development of 25% increase in production output; recognized by the Group Supervisor for outstanding performance and contribution to the team.
- Achieved company record for chemical manufacturing productivity with 99%. Conducted research on alternative method of solvent extractions for hazardous extract production.
Chemist Resume Sample 12
- Tested numerous water samples to track dissolved impurities and pH levels; recommend methods of increasing purity and alkalinity.
- Performed procedures in accordance with the company’s Quality Management System (QMS) and Laboratory Biosafety Manual (LBSM); strictly followed biosafety protocol to prevent exposure to hazardous materials.
- Wrote and edited Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the lab; ensured all personnel were aware of and followed safe laboratory practices.
- Authored a paper on “The Effects of pH on the Growth of Escherichia Coli” which was published in the Journal of Microbiology & Biotechnology.
- Received the company’s “Employee of the Quarter” award for demonstrating exceptional dedication and contributions to the laboratory.
Chemist Resume Sample 13
- Received a patent for a new synthetic polymer process that is being used in the manufacture of plastics.
- Published more than 10 scientific papers on the synthesis and characterization of novel polymers and their applications.
- Presented at more than 20 conferences on advances in polymer science and engineering.
- Created three new engineered polymer systems, each of which has the potential to revolutionize the engineering plastics industry.
- Received Employee of the Year award for improving productivity through five process enhancements that ultimately lead to $1 million in annual savings.
To be a chemist you need a bachelor’s degree in chemistry. Skills to be successful of main duties consist of complex problem-solving, extreme attention to detail, teamwork, written and verbal communication, math and science skills, and determination.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.