A Sales Assistant helps customers with merchandise and purchasing in a retail setting and ensures customer satisfaction. Their duties include helping customers, locating products, processing purchases, placing orders, stocking merchandise, and keeping the sales floor neat and organized.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Sales Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Sales Assistant resumes for your reference.
Sales Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Increased revenue by 38%, by performing sales training; demonstrated the benefits of and added value to the products through demonstrations, reports, and presentations.
- Gained profit from new clients through my leadership; motivated internal sales staff and created a competitive environment with external sales competitors.
- Managed budget while exceeding goals; managed time effectively to accomplish objectives during peak sales seasons.
- Performed hourly management duties efficiently; identified problem areas and communicated recommendations for improvement.
- Drove corporate growth through implementing new techniques and processes; initiated changes to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
Sales Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Provided exceptional customer service to customers in a timely and punctual manner.
- Obtained sales quota goals within company guidelines.
- Recognized as a “rising star” by the supervisor for exceeding performance expectations, achieving record high sales, exceeding quota, and excellent customer relations.
- Received mentoring from the manager with whom I worked on projects and sales calls. Corrected my delivery of presentations, closed more than twenty sales in a single day, and demonstrated exceptional attitude towards customers.
- Was well liked by customers; received positive remarks on services provided and positive attitude towards customers.
Sales Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Increased customer satisfaction by 100 percent through creative product promotions and sales/special order development.
- Gained respect for punctuality, enthusiasm for work, and talent in communication.
- Initiated price analysis with companies other than the customer’s own in order to determine competitive pricing.
- Maintained an accurate file of current information by staying informed on new trends, customer needs, and technology.
- Troubled customer relationships when they were over-demanding and difficult to satisfy; gained skills in negotiation strategies to improve level of service provided.
Sales Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Actively generated over $80,000 of business by building relationships with established customers and clients; increased sales revenue from $500,000 to $550,000 by leveraging the company’s online posted catalog and the internet to expand customer base.
- Coordinated large-scale live webcast event that reached over 40,000 attendees; streamline logistics and advertising to generate 60% higher revenue than previous year.
- Disintegrated a long standing disagreement between two competing companies while maintaining outstanding performance metrics during three years of negotiations.
- Innovated unique method for cross selling 6,000 seats at a sporting event by finding and prioritizing high-revenue customers.
- Won the employee of the quarter award for tripling revenue in three months by discovering alternative revenue streams.
Sales Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Attained top position in sales for the month. Earned $15,000 in commissions.
- Performed with excellence, building trust and confidence with customers to increase their success and satisfaction with company products and services.
- Served as liaison between customer base, sales team, and management. Successfully integrated customer feedback into company directives.
- Met monthly quota for sales awards as well as other significant goals. Received employee of the month award for exceeding individual revenue goal by 27%.
- Served customers expeditiously; handled customer complaints thoroughly; acted professional even under pressure by overcoming challenges in challenging selling environments.
Sales Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Accurately recorded daily sales figures in the computer and kept stock level to proper standards, despite encountering cluttered and limited space.
- Managed a booth, staffed with three other individuals, for two years at a county fair. Directed booth staff in greeting customers, handling sales transactions, and preparing merchandise for sale.
- Regarded as one of the top performing salespersons by management. Earned personal record of highest single day sales revenue in the history of the business.
- Trained new employees on customer service skills and selling techniques; developed internal procedures manual detailing job requirements; organized warehouse space; created product analysis charts to ensure accurate customer orders.
- Accurately tracked and recognized trends in daily sales figures and computerized order processing.
Sales Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Sold over $350,000 worth of merchandise over the span of 4 months.
- Maintained a positive attitude in an upbeat and dynamic environment and was recognized as a “star performer” by the manager.
- Achieved sales targets at 2x, 3x, and 4x the industry average; doubled sales budgets of company’s smallest division in 1 month’s time.
- Received achievement award for exceeding revenue goals by another division while maintaining the same revenue targets.
- Received outstanding quality award; influenced over 100 associates by assisting with their career and leadership development.
Sales Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Sold over $5,000 worth of patio furniture and other accessories.
- Closed five new accounts and closed the sale of my first fixed asset on my own.
- Sharpen existing skills, gained new knowledge, and learned how to successfully close the sale by increasing sales by 50% – without any coaching!
- Developed a solid understanding of the product I was selling and increased my product knowledge by doing research about commission structure, pricing strategies, a detailed account report of trends and inventory levels.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for a loan (Gross Profit).
Sales Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Achieved and maintained an overall sales record of $72,000 for a retail jewelry outlet.
- Reestablished decorum during and after a robbery at a retail store I managed.
- Completed full sales training from professional jewelry designer; recognized for being able to effectively demonstrate the complete line of products in front of customers.
- Coached and supervised other employees with the ability to lead by example; recognized as Employee of the Month for consistently maintaining positive work ethics, efficient personal style, and overall professionalism in regard to personal appearance, grooming standards, and etiquette.
- Learned the value of mutual respect among business professionals; consistently declined bribe invitations from competitors.
Sales Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Secured an average of $1,000 in monthly sales by providing outstanding customer service and education to upscale market.
- Increased sales of home furnishings by 60% through a relationship-based approach; developed an average of 20 new business contacts per week.
- Earned gratitude for serving as a role model for other sales associates by receiving recognition and awards for exemplary performance.
- Generated $150K in annual revenue within 1 year of employment; demonstrated ability to perform effectively with minimal oversight while handling high-profile clientele.
- Established a step-by-step process that increased direct store revenue 17% over the previous year’s revenue.
Sales Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Initiated daily management of all cash and credit card transactions; coordinated payments and collateral transfers.
- Translated credit applications into accurate loan request specifications, loan packages that resulted in smooth closing procedures; monthly sales goals met.
- Received a letter of recognition from the President/CEO for exceeding expectations as a team member.
- Handled complex clientele with ease and grace, resulting in the company’s first ever “Best of the Best” award.
- Achieved sales team bonus through an individual contribution of twenty-five percent.
To work as a Sales Assistant, you should have a high school diploma and a minimum of one-year experience in supporting sales. Sales Assistant must have knowledge of sales and customer service routines, have basic computer knowledge, maintain professional communication, must be able to multitask and prioritize, work well with others, manage a schedule, and be able to manage incoming and outgoing inventory.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.