A Baker’s Assistant is responsible for assisting the baker and helping celebrate life’s special moments with delicious treats. Their duties include assisting the baker as directed, taking orders and answering the phone, washing all dishes, keeping surfaces clean, cleaning bathrooms, floors, and windows, folding boxes, labeling containers.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Baker Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Baker Assistant resumes for your reference.
Baker Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Assisted pastry chef in a variety of tasks; accurately and efficiently cut, mixed, and prepared pastries.
- Researched recipes and portioning to ensure products arrived at the customer prepared and within specifications.
- Prepared pastries, bread, and desserts for customers in a timely manner.
- Reviewed product costs with management; factored input into scheduling for deliveries.
- Maintained inventory of baking ingredients on hand to ensure quality control of final products; maintained records from previous orders.
Baker Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Delivered consistent quality products in an efficient manner within a fast timeframe.
- Accomplished multiple delivery goals by developing training materials, conducting product demonstrations, and performing paperwork tasks.
- Developed scheduling system to monitor product availability and set production levels; programmed inventory counts and itemized billing; maintained quality assurance of all materials used.
- Developed training materials to increase production efficiency and quality; identified potential issues throughout the production process and improved processes as needed.
- Received award for quality and efficiency; working in a team environment, taking the initiative to solve issues, taking ownership, and meeting personal goals.
Baker Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Provided top-notch service to customers; teams recognized for outstanding customer service based on customer surveys conducted.
- Organized and implemented fundraising dessert auction at end of the year; event conducted according to organization’s guidelines, successfully raised funds for a new play area.
- Trained new Baker Assistant, ensured proper preparation of all baked goods.
- Responsible for daily operations in food services operation including maintaining inventory of supplies in order to serve customers efficiently and effectively; team ranked first in customer satisfaction in the state during annual quality evaluation.
- Prepared cost analyses for budgeting and staffing purposes; team received a platinum award for outstanding quality.
Baker Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Greeted visitors; identified and directed site visitors to departments.
- Maintained a clean and organized department; reflected upon regulations and guidelines based on health standards.
- Completed assigned tasks in a timely manner, exceeded set goals and received acknowledgment through words of appreciation by the baker supervisor for excellence in bakery service.
- Distinguished myself for consistently following safety procedures during the shift; received recognition from management for practicing safe work habits.
- Met customer service excellence standards; practiced excellent telephone skills when communicating with guests at the front desk inquiring about room services.
Baker Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Assisted the baker in preparing bread and other baking items for the restaurant.
- Responsible for cleanup duty; ensured kitchen and kitchen area were tidy before the shift ends.
- Greeted customers, answered phone calls, answered complaint calls, took orders, lifted heavy objects.
- Worked long hours (sometimes 24/7) but never complained about working conditions. Regularly assisted in cleaning up the kitchen area after closing hours, as well as assisting with the general setup of tables prior to opening time.
- Took initiative to complete tasks with excellence; demonstrated responsibility by picking up all trash associated with preparations of food items, whether they had been eaten or not.
Baker Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Developed production plan to meet production goals.
- Maintained food storage and cooking equipment. Served as a line cook and served as assistant to the supervisor.
- Provided leadership as department store assigned to all activities, during the busiest shift, including training new employees; working with customers; organizing, labeling, and maintaining all merchandise; accepting returns; ordering new products for in-store display; performing inventory count and reporting critical shortages.
- Performed an excellent job in accomplishing all assigned tasks for a 3-month period following the closing of two stores.
- Received outstanding quality award from management on account of manager’s high performance during first several months of employment .
Baker Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Met productivity quota while producing quality cakes.
- Maintained standard recipes and baked according to hospital standards.
- Procured various ingredients, supplies, and equipment to maintain a clean, well-stocked bakery.
- Suggested new ideas/methods improve time management and accuracy while increasing productivity.
- Organized and maintained storage areas; ensured cleanliness at all times; used safe methods when handling foods, chemicals, equipment, and utensils.
Baker Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Accomplished a weekly baker sale of $20,000 with the assistance of 2 co-workers.
- Participated in school bake sales and held a brisk business during the holiday season.
- Achieved a 90% business during the week with an average sale of $3,500; served as directors for two different senior citizen centers.
- Held positions in charge of catered events and other food-related projects such as “Humberview Hospital’s” corporate lunches and holiday parties.
- Recognized by Supervisor for exceeding targets; performed her job well while maintaining an excellent work ethic and demeanor.
Baker Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Served as a baker’s assistant and performed other general duties, including stocking the pantry and delivering merchandise.
- Acquired knowledge of ingredients, food preparation, and supplies; aided in marketing and other matters by assisting the manager.
- Saved a customer from being served an inferior product by refusing to give back his money for the purchase.
- Followed basic restaurant policies and procedures regarding proper hygienic practices, including sanitizing all kitchen equipment.
- Assisted with various aspects of baking by performing various baking tasks.
Baker Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Produced and photographed 100 wedding cakes with piping in a timely manner according to customer specifications.
- Helped prepare for and work the wedding of multi-millionaire Emerald Mabelle; achieved award for outstanding achievement.
- Fulfilled client and manager expectations by providing exceptional service that prompted customer loyalty.
- Achieved employee satisfaction award by completing tasks, such as cleaning, maintenance, and ordering supplies while working continuously without complaint or tardiness.
- The received tip of the month award; demonstrated an exemplary attitude towards other employees while arriving on time, working consistently throughout the day, and addressing issues both professionally and tactfully.
Baker Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Ensured that patient rooms were cleaned and prepared for incoming patients, rooms were stocked with necessary supplies and linens, and the patient’s needs were met.
- Provided assistance to doctors during surgery by holding retractors and tissue during bone drilling procedures.
- Assisted healthcare professionals with physically challenged patients, including transferring patients from bed to shower or chair to wheelchair.
- Monitored cleanliness of patient food trays and assisted nursing staff in serving meals as needed.
- Monitored cleanliness of the operating room as well as provided assistance in cleaning the room.
Baker Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Worked efficiently in a busy bakery environment; maintain a high quality of products.
- Achieved award for exceeding Production Department daily production goals.
- Received “employee of the month” award; recognized by fellow employees for outstanding performance.
- Effective communication with customers resulted in increased sales based on “word-of-mouth” promotions; positively influenced the company’s additional market share.
- Provided friendly, helpful service to patients and visitors at the hospital gift shop; contributed to hospital staff recognition night.
Baker Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Baked and decorated desserts for restaurant patrons.
- Adhered to strict sanitation guidelines.
- Received high-quality award for perfect cake decoration, which included precise piping work and precise details in shapes, colors, and designs.
- Posted exceptional customer service skills when interacting with restaurant patrons; identified food allergies and directed guests to a dessert that would best meet their dietary needs.
- Was recognized by the Regional Manager for excellent decorating skills and customer service.
Baker Assistant Resume Sample 14
- Made certain that quality standards were met for all products baked in the pastry kitchen; kept appropriate records to demonstrate product compliance.
- Maintained accurate records of production and inventory.
- Properly maintained cleanliness and hygiene practices for the equipment and workspace.
- Maintained a neat, clean, and organized work station with all shelves in proper order, including those maintained by co-workers.
- Maintained a neat and clean appearance while working on the floor.
To work as a Baker Assistant you need a High school diploma and preferably 1 year of experience in the food service or baking industry. A Baker Assistant must demonstrate great communication skills, learn fast, be positive and punctual, task-oriented, organized and clean, team player, and have great attention to detail.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.